JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC Adventure (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1885-ttc-adventure/)
-   -   Katinas TTC Journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1885-ttc-adventure/1447156-katinas-ttc-journal.html)

katinagj February 21st, 2009 12:57 PM

Katinas TTC Journal

I decided maybe I should add a better intro here. I didnt really ever explain who I am or anything about my and Seth. Me and Seth got married On Dec 3rd of 2006. I was 19 and he was 23. We always talked about having two kids but we didnt really get so thrilled about it until our best friends Ryan and Katie got pregnant. Well actually, I got excited when she got pregnant. And she really wanted me to be pregnant with her so her and Ryan were always trying to talk us into trying. Well 9 months passed and she gave birth to Natalie, a gorgeous baby girl. We both fell in love. And that was a first for me. I dont normally like other peoples kids that much, but ever since seeing that little girl I see women with their babies and I just nearly go to tears because I want it so bad. Its strange how fast things can change on you. Within a week after meeting Natalie for the first time Seth finally woke up one morning and said, "dont take your pill". Those 4 words changed my life.

Feb 21st 2009
Just thought I'd go ahead an start a journal on here. I've only been TTC for 2 weeks. I went off BCP mid cycle on February 6th. I had my period two days later. I'm already having positive OPK's. Took one yesterday morning and then last night and then this morning. Pos/Neg/Pos. So I should be ovulating. I can't wait to see DPO on my chart!! I'm so excited that I already seem to be having a very regular cycle. Especially since I stopped BCP mid cycle. But I have hopes for getting pregnant as soon as this month because my mom got pregnant with all 3 children within the month after birth control. My cousin got pregnant while on birth control, and my aunt has like 6 kids and has always gotten pregnant right when she starts TTC.

DH's brother and his wife are apparently talking about TTC in August. I don't exactly agree with this as they've only been together for a year(just got married in october), and with the way that they fight I don't think they have a stable enough relationship to handle a kid. I really wish they would wait just a bit longer for the sake of the child. Another problem is that we are TTC and I don't really want to be pregnant with her, as we don't exactly get along but are forced to, not to mention can you imagine two girls who dislike each other to an extent being stuck together hanging out while pregnant?? Should be interesting. One more reason why I hope I get pregnant this month or at least a few months before august. I don't want to get stuck having to wait until she's over her pregnancy.

I'm a little frustrated as they shouldn't even be thinking of kids when they cannot support themselves. They live at her dads house and DH's parents are paying for a lot of things for them...it just seems impractical....hopefully they have things figured out and he's got a full time job before august. I'm very worried about the child if they do conceive so soon without financial stability.

Anyways, that was sort of just my vent for the day....let's hope those spermies are making it to the egg today!!! Wish me luck!! And send me some baby dust!!

Sogie February 21st, 2009 05:45 PM

Hi Katina. I joined the community earlier this week. I was in the same situation as you just awhile ago. I went off birth control December 2008 to try and conceive. I got a BFN in January and hubby and I were disappointed but it does not not always happen right away as we know. I also started back ovulating very quick after stopping the pill. 18 days later I ovuated.
In Feb. I decided to be more relaxed. I ordered some OPK's and Preseed offline. Hubby and I BD's 3, 2, and 1 days before ovualtion and the day of ovulation. Then I just prayed for a baby but did not test early or anything. 14dpo AF was due and did not show. I took a pregnancy test and got a BFP. We are so excited and happy! I hope it works out the same for you.

I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant today.

I really think that the preseed helped a lot because on the days when you don't get as much EWCM it helps the sperm swim up the cervix. I'd highly recommend it because we had success with it the first month.

Sorry about the hubby's brothers wife. I hope you get pregnant first.

Lots of baby dust to you. :) and welcome to the community.

katinagj February 23rd, 2009 10:44 AM

Thanks for the encouragement!! If I don't get a BFP this month I will have to look into preseed! Thanks for the tip!

I didn't end up ovulating until last night. But I KNOW I ovulated. I had never had ovulation pain before being on BCP but apparently now I do! I felt a almost pop last night when I was ovulating..like the egg slowly popped out..not sure how else to explain it, lol, it was a different feeling. I was also cramping ALL day and had EWCM last night when me and DH BDed. And a temp jump this morning. I still got ANOTHER positive OPK this morning(only tested because I have some that are going to expire, lol.) so I'm guessing I'm just catching the end of my surge. So officially on the TWW! Already going crazy!!

We are starting to put wood flooring into the cats room and the kitchen and dining room. I will be posting before and after pics here soon! We are also starting to clear out the guest bedroom for the new addition! Excited!!

Me and DH BDed like crazy this weekend(lol) so hopefully I will be getting a BFP already!! I'm actually a little exhausted, haha.

ADD: I have VERY high hopes for getting prego this month already....and my hope better not be false!! I feel like I know I'm going to be...don't really know how to explain that....I've always been able to tell about certain things. I knew I was going to get married right out of high school even though I hadn't even met DH yet. I actually had decided that before I was even in high school....who knows why?? lol.

Also last Friday I knew exactly why my dad was calling me before picking up and my heart dropped. My grandpa passed away(it's okay though...he didn't have a very good life quality, and it was his time to go) What's weird is me and my dad had been talking about him passing just a few hours before the call. I'm just sad he couldn't have stuck around ONE more year, to meet our new addition when he/she comes.

Thought I would also add that I'm pretty positive that if we have a girl her name will be Norah Grace Jacobson.

katinagj February 25th, 2009 07:44 AM

My temp jumped .5 degrees today! :excited:

Very exciting for me considering I've been waiting for a good temp jump for a few days now! I ovulated on Sunday, now I get to wait for signs. I don't think people can normally get signs as early as this but last night I had a horrible headache and my whole body felt odd. Maybe sperm made it to the egg? I just know some women have stated feeling nauseous or having headaches before implantation. I also got up to go to the bathroom last night and my mouth started watering like I was going to upchuck! ugh. It was gross, lol. My face also looked very splotchy, and I was having heat flashes all night....weird. I'm not sick or anything, so I don't know what all that was about. And I doubt that it's an early pregnancy sign even though that would be cool. lol. I'm still pretty sure, if I'm anything like the women in my family I should be getting a :bfp: in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'm as fertile as my mom was!!! :greengrin:

Cross your fingers for me!!! :D

I have to sing at my grandpa's funeral tomorrow. I'm buying an outfit today because I don't have any nice black clothes to wear. My best friend Katie(and her 4 month old Natalie) are going shopping with me to help me pick something out.

Last night we hung out with Ryan and Katie, and their baby Natalie was staring at me all night. She loved me! :wub: Which helps me believe I'm going to make a good mother. Even when Katie went to get her bottle and handed Natalie to me, she didn't even cry!!!! And she cries no matter what when moms getting the bottle!!! Cause as babies go, when she's hungry she's hungry NOW! lol.It just made me feel better and I'm not really worried anymore about being a good mom, because now I can tell I will be capable of it. It's nice to feel that way, especially considering growing up I never really liked other peoples kids or babies. I never had an attachment to them or anything until I was married, and even then I was so worried about labor and not being a good mother...and so many things. It's nice to not feel so down about it anymore. KAtie and Ryan are planning on getting pregnant again this August. I'm so excited!! We're gonna have babies crawlin around everywhere! lol. Also they plan to move with us to Alaska in a couple years now.(DH grew up in Anchorage/Wasilla). Anyways...it's been a really good couple of days, and I'm hopeful. Which is a nice feeling to feel, especially when I was worried I wouldn't be able to get pregnant for a few months. I still can't believe I ovulated on CD 14. 16 days after coming off of birth control pills!!!

I'm just happy today! :lol:

katinagj February 25th, 2009 10:39 AM

Thought I'd come back and post. I'm having dizzy spells. I got really dizzy and nearly blacked out just walking up the stairs. I'm also very emotional...and then all of a sudden not. I just freaked out and started crying over nothing.....then 5 minutes later I was just sitting there thinking..."why the heck am I crying!?!" it was a bit weird as I am an emotional person but I'm usually rational about it. As in if I'm crying I always do it for a REASON. This was just....weird. I've also got a cramp in my right breast that has been there since last night....it's not really a cramp...but it is...don't know how to explain it. Almost like a pain between my ribs and breast...hmmm.....anywho. I'm trying not to read into all this as I'm only 3 DPO....BUT it's possible that I may have ovulated twice...so for first ovulation I'd be 4-5 days DPO.

katinagj February 26th, 2009 08:35 AM

If I really ovulated twice from CD12-14, then I would be on 6 DPO after the first one. This morning I had a very sharp pinching pain in my right side....which is the side I believed to have ovulated on the first time. I had had right side ovulation cramps on CD 12. And then on the 14th I had ovulation cramps on the left side.......seems to much of a coincidence to not be implantation....I also had a pulling cramping feeling at 3 am which woke me up. It started in the front in the crease between my thigh and lower abdomen. Obviously could have just been a coinsidence but it seems so right on, and I wasn't really expecting to feel anything until 6 DPO but of course theres no way to prove that I ovulated twice...just the fact that I have 5 days of positive OPKs. The first surge was right before I thought I ovulated the first time...the test was lighter after that...and then got dark again right before CD 14. Everything seems to point to a double ovulation. I hope so....won't be surprised if I really did...since twins run in my family. I'm trying not to get too excited though. If I have the same pain in my left side on Saturday I'm probably going to get too excited, lol.

I was very emotional yesterday and this morning. My husband was beinng mean and he gets like that in the morning. He was just cranky. But I wasn't even upset about it until an hour later and then I just started BAWLING. weird.....

I keep getting cramps behind my boobs....just like back when I was younger and they were growing. They would always cramp up and I'd have to move a certain way to relieve the cramp. Now though, no matter what way I move the cramp is still there. It is only behind my right breast, which also feels very heavy this morning....left breast still normal..????????????????????

It seems like too many signs too early....but my cousin said she had all the same symptoms within the first week when she was pregnant....

well....ouch....just now had another pulling cramping feeling like that one I had at 3 am on my right side.

ADD: now a tingly feeling in right breast(same one I had the cramps in yesterday. And now getting dull rather than sharp pains on right side. Keep feeling like I'm starting my period. And I keep running to the bathroom to check but nope, lol. Also been burping once every 2-5 minutes. I must be going nuts

katinagj February 26th, 2009 08:01 PM

I am 90% positive that I ovulated twice and that I implanted today. I had a large amount of lotion like CM all day, I had dizzy spells at random moments which almost made me faint(never felt that before....ever....) I'm also completely exhausted even though I got more sleep last night than I've gotten in a week, plus theres also the cramps. I felt like I was about to start my period and then I would have random sharp twinges of pain.

Today was my grandfathers funeral. And I've decided that if my intuition is right and I am in fact pregnant, if I have a boy his middle name will be Ernest, in memory of my grandfather Ernest(Andy) Leonard Anderson.

katinagj February 27th, 2009 07:53 AM

Fertility Friend gave me 38 pregnancy pts this morning!!!

ADD: OMG my boobs are soooo sore and heavy!!! And I haven't had sore boobs for a long time! like...since they were growing lol. I am soo prego, I know it. :excited:

katinagj February 28th, 2009 07:58 AM

Well I had ONE very long vivid dream last night(I'm hoping this was a symptom). I rarely am able to remember my dreams. And sometimes I will remember them but I'm NEVER able to remember nearly the whole thing. I only forgot little itty bitty details that don't matter. I would go ahead and write out my dream now but it would take about an hour to write out, lol. Yes, it was that long!!!

My skin is feeling really soft, more around my breast than anything. It feels like....baby skin soft! kind of weird....if this isn't a symptom I don't know what it is! My skin probably hasn't felt this soft since I was a baby. I was breaking out a couple days ago but now my skin looks like it's glowing everywhere. Well everywhere but my tummy. My stomach feels like it's been sun burned or stretched out. I guess it's still soft to the touch, but it hurts to touch it too much because it feels like someones been scratching on it for awhile.

I really hope this is pregnancy, and if not, I hope this soft skin sticks around anyways! lol.

ADD: Oh and Kenny Chesney was in my dream last night!! lol. I don't even really like Kenny Chesney but he just happened to show up in my dream.....we had this weird thing....it was like a slide but it was made out of a mattress and springs....Kenny Chesney came down it and messed it all up and knocked over a garbage can. So I ended up picking up the garbage while he got the mattress back in place....what the heck was that about??? A mattress slide!?!

katinagj February 28th, 2009 01:31 PM

pregnancy estimator was at 38 pts yesterday...after entereing my info today it's gone up to 56pts! :excited:

let's hope it's right

ms.crystal February 28th, 2009 05:01 PM

good luck! Baby dust your way!

katinagj March 1st, 2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

good luck! Baby dust your way![/b]

Thanks! :waves:

I decided I think I'm gonna post my symptoms. Because I wrote them all down this week. We will see if they lead to a BFP!

1-2 DPO ~ light cramps, sensitive nipples, headache, can't sleep (probably just post ovulation stuff)
3 DPO ~ night sweats, headache, light cramping, taking naps during day, can't sleep at night, lots of burping/gas
4 DPO ~ cramps(worse today), dizzy spells, very light nausea/caused by the burping), LOTS of burping, Lots of lotion like CM, exhausted during day(sleeping really good at night, SEVERE gas pains
5 DPO ~ heavy aching breast(on and off), light headache, Sticky CM, frequent bathroom trips(thought I was gonna start my period early or something), increased appetitie, thirsty
6 DPO ~ very light cramping, headache, frequent urination, heartburn, increased appetite, Lots of lotion like CM( I had to wear a panty liner!!!), VIVID dream, I remember the whole thing. I also remember my dog getting attacked and injured)
7 DPO ~ light cramping...feeling once again like I'm about to start my period, sensitive nipples, breast feel fuller...but not sure if it's just in my head...but hubby does agree. Very itchy all over stomach and sides. Stomach feels raw like it's been stratched to raw skin....if that makes sense?? Maybe just stretched?...not sure how to explain it, it's just painful even to touch it, I think I'm going to go out and buy some good lotion today..Once again LOTS of lotion like CM. Another very vivid dream. I talked to a little girl(who I believed to be my friends 4 month old Natalie...she was walking and talking. My dog was getting in fights with other dogs.
My dog seems a lot more attached to me than usual today.....but that might just be coincidence....
-I wasn't exhausted for the first time since Wednesday...didn't have near as many things going on today, but my breasts are fuller...may be TMI but DH said he could barely even grab them! lol(I have very small bbs)!! The left one felt like it was growing today...like how they felt when I was younger, I think the left was catching up with the right which was feeling the same way on Thursday. Anyways....I'll be back to post my symptoms tomorrow!...

katinagj March 2nd, 2009 07:46 AM

8 DPO ~ heavy feeling and cramping breast(on and off), constipation(ugh), headache(off and on)

I had a temp spike this morning so I'm very hopeful, I think my charts going to be triphasic!! I hope so! I need this pregnancy! Especially considering now my OTHER sister-in-law is planning on getting pregnant soon. I'd like to be the first since I'm the first to try.....But I won't mind her being pregnant with me...she is really nice and doesn't make everything into a competition like my other sister-in-law. heh. And we get along really well so it might be fun! ^_^

katinagj March 2nd, 2009 08:54 PM

suddenly don't like the smell or taste of coffee today. I am a coffee addict! And the smell of it just...ugh...it didn't really make me sick...it just didn't smell right!! Or taste right! Now THAT is weird.

ANd OMG do brownies sound good right now!!!! I'm at my parents house and my mom is making some and they smell SOOOOOOO GOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!

katinagj March 3rd, 2009 02:45 PM

Okay, talk about mood swings! And by the way , I HATE driving! I swear no one in this state knows how to drive!! I get nearly hit almost every day. I'm glad I pay attention because I've been pulled in front of so many times I can't even count them anymore!!...anyways...

Done venting!

If I get one more high temp my chart will be considered triphasic!! I'm so excited!! And I'm pretty sure that I'm pregnant. As long as everythings not in my head...which I don't see how it could be considering I'll be in the middle of something and won't even be thinking about the TWW and suddenly my boobs will get a really sharp horrible pain and then I remember, lol. I'm so dieing to test now that my temps went up. I took a OPK the other day and got a very faint line, then the next day it was just barely darker and then todays was the same as yesterdays. I think if my last OPK tomorrow morning is as dark or darker than the ones before I will probably take a test. Actually...I will probably take a test regardless as long as there is some sort of line on the OPK, lol. Because well, theres not much point in taking an HPT if nothing shows up on the OPK...plus OPK's are cheaper...so sort of like my test run to make sure it's worth possibly wasting an HPT. I'm just using equate ones...hopefully they work. I did get a dud once before. But they are only $9 for 3 compared to the $20 you pay for two FRER's. So I figure if I end up using all the equates before FF's suggested testing day, I'll live with forking out the $9 for 3 more. Anyways...I'm getting very impatient. I think as it's my first cycle TTC I deserve and early testing! If I'm not prego I will wait for AF next month instead of wasting money, lol.

katinagj March 6th, 2009 05:49 PM

Re: Katina's Journal

I've been having boob cramps, dizzy spells, and headaches all day(and right now I'm about ready to take a nap. The first dizzy spell of the day I almost had to run to the bathroom because it made me nauseous. I had a sudden urge to drink orange juice and I don't really like orange juice..but it tasted soooo goooood. My right boob is bigger than my left. I noticed and DH also noticed without me saying anything about it. I figure this could just be the fact that I stopped taking BCP a month ago, but it could also be because I am prego. Hopefully we will see on Sunday or Monday...still haven't decided for sure if I'm going to test on Sunday or just wait until Monday. I will probably wait till monday though since that is when AF is due. I will only take a test sunday if my chart is still completely triphasic. It went down yesterday(but I had gotten up to pee an hour before and didnt fall back asleep until 30 minutes before taking the test so I don;t think it was quite accurate. Today was back up to 98.2 So I'm still hopeful. And I'm crossing my fingers that those temps stay up!

I figure I will be completely disappointed if I don't get a BFP this cycle but if I don't I know there's some reason God's got for me not getting pregnant. Maybe the timing would have been bad, who knows. I ust know that I will get pregnant when God wants me to get pregnant. So I'm confident in saying I don't mind if I don't get pregnant this cycle. It's not very common for women to get pregnant their first cycle TTC so I won't be that surprised. But I'm still hopeful! I prayed about getting pregnant while lieing in bed for 2 hours, the night before my husband woke up and told me to stop taking birth control pills. If that's not a sign that God wants me to have a baby I don't know what is!!

OH and just to add, my prego points on FF are up to 89 pts...hope they are right!

katinagj March 9th, 2009 09:34 AM

started my period yesterday. Cramps suck but it's okay. I'm pretty ready to just get this cycle going. We are ordering preseed. We've talked about getting stuff before and never did, so this is our chance to try something different. I'm just glad that it comes with 5 free pregnancy tests, lol. Then DH won't be mad at me for POAS!! We are also going to BD everyday this time. We tried to last time, but my grandpa had just died....and it was just too stressful. Maybe that's why I didn't end up prego. Though I really thought that my grandpa had asked God to send me an angel. But maybe this month. I'm surprisingly not toooo disappointed about not being prego...I'm actually sort of happy now because I can drink some mikes hard for the last time before I get prego hping that I do this cycle.

katinagj March 19th, 2009 09:15 AM

Well I havent been on here for awhile because after last cycle I was a little depressed for a few days. And then after that I realised that there was something wrong with me. I mean Ive known for a long time that there is something wrong. Ive been losing weight since around December-January. I lost the largest amount of weight in January. It started with a battle with nausea for a week or two. After that I thought I was prego. So I stopped taking the pill. And now for two weeks I am having more and more symptoms from something that just isnt right. Ive been having muscles spasms, twitches, and cramps. My bones ache, and I feel exhausted all the time. But at night I still seem to sometimes have a hard time sleeping. Ive got many other things going on as well.

I went to the doctors on Monday she had them take blood and scheduled me to get an ultrasound on my thyroid. I got an ultrasound on Tuesday morning. They called me yesterday to confirm that I have multiple cysts on my thyroid and they want me to come in again in 6 months to check on them. I am still waiting for the results of the blood test. Hopefully it will give me some answers and hopefully the doctor calls me soon becuase some of the symptoms are getting worse and its getting difficult for me to do a lot of things. A lot of everyday things. Its interrupting my life.

And so actually TRYING to concieve is being put off probably for a month, hopnig that these tests tell me SOMETHING. I mean....we just got our preseed....and we decided we'd go ahead and use it becuase I am dry down there. But Im not doing OPK's or anything else to figure out ovulation I am just temping....so I wont know I opvulated till after. But like I said we arent really trying. I figure if I do get prego, its not going to be a big deal because I'm pretty positive that this is hyperthyroidism and that is completely treatable and wont affect a pregnancy. Burt considering the problem that it can prevent you from getting pregnant, I probably wont be getting a Christmas baby. But a new year baby would be fine with me!

EstrellaTTC March 19th, 2009 11:16 AM

Aww I hope you figure out what's going on with your body..at least if you know what's wrong, you can take care of it and focus on ttc again.

katinagj March 20th, 2009 08:58 AM

Turns out it wasnt hyperthyroidism. Well that was sort of my easy way out. Now I dont know what is wrong with me. Of course they still dont have the results to the diabetes test and one other one which I think was just a regular blood panel. Though I wouldnt expect the diabetes to take longer than the thyroid considering you can check for diabetes in your own home... so thats got me a little worried as to why the doctor is taking so long to call me. They took the blood on Monday. I was hoping I wouldnt have to wait this long to find out if they can find anything. I dont really know what Im going to do if they dont....I posted about my symptoms on another forum and someone mentioned fibromyalgia...but I dunno. My friend says she got diagnosed with it a bunch of times and its just a cover up when doctors cant figure out whats wrong with you. But all I know is this morning my whole body aches. Mostly in my arms. The pain in my arms woke me up...Im not sure what to do about it. Ibprofen isnt working and I dont have anything else..ugh...LIFE! lol...oh well!