JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC by IVF (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/)
-   -   Urgent HPT Question! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/2647619-urgent-hpt-question.html)

MacLyn May 2nd, 2013 06:57 AM

Urgent HPT Question!

I know introductions are probably in order since I haven't been on the boards in about a year, but I am freaking out about my HPT result and my clinic's response.

My day 2 FET transfer was on 18/04 and bloodtest was negative on 30/04 and I stopped my estrogen & progesterone. Today I got a faint line on my HPT! The clinic said that there are many things that can influence the HPT and that my progesterone is still very high.

I've never heard of estrogen or progesterone affecting an HPT and since it was an FET, I didn't have an HCG trigger shot. Googled it too.

I took a 2nd HPT (different brand) and it was negative. What should I do? I'm worried that if I am pregnant my period will start because I stopped with the progesterone injections.

*JenJen* May 2nd, 2013 07:27 AM

Re: Urgent HPT Question!

I'd be calling your clinic ASAP and asking for a repeat beta. my fingers are crossed for you today. Hopefully a day or so won't make enough of adifference to your progesterone.

MacLyn May 2nd, 2013 08:29 AM

I went to my regular doctor and got a beta done. Now I wait. Luckily I still have some ampules of progesterone left over and will do an injection, just in case.

*JenJen* May 2nd, 2013 08:32 AM

good luck, keep us posted! I hope you stick around the board either way!

smsturner May 2nd, 2013 08:35 AM

Oh wow, that's something. I'm glad you went to do the beta.

Good luck!

MacLyn May 2nd, 2013 08:43 AM

Thanks, will post as soon as I know. She said she would phone me if she got the results tonight. Almost 6pm though, may have to wait until the morning.

*Leah* May 2nd, 2013 10:35 AM

I think your beta was very early .... glad you got retested. Did you take another hpt? Did the clinic call? .....oh and welcome back!

Lucy S. May 3rd, 2013 08:48 PM

I hope it is a BFP for you!!

Just wanted to add that progesterone (granted for IUIs not IVF) delays AF for me. It take 4 days for me to start each time I have used progesterone 200mg vaginally.

MacLyn May 4th, 2013 12:37 AM

The beta came back negative and so did the 3 HPTs I did this morning.

So it seems like I'm just the unluckiest person on the planet when it comes to grabbing an HPT from the shelf. This is the 3rd time this has happened, not counting the time I got a positive qualitative & negative beta on the same day.

I have done some research and found that some people will see the heartbeat on the ultrasound and still have a negative beta, so I just don't know....