JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC by IVF (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/)
-   -   How do you endure the 2WW (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/2689346-how-do-you-endure-2ww.html)

amberbanegas October 31st, 2013 01:31 AM

How do you endure the 2WW

I am officially going CRAZY! :rofl::breakdance: It has been three days since my egg transfer... (We transferred 2) And I have Googled how to make a time machine... So I can fast forward these 2 weeks! I am scheduled to go to the doctor on Veteran's Day! Nov 11th can not come fast enough. The doctor gave me 2 weeks off of work, but I am seriously thinking about sneaking back! I do not think my DH will allow it though!

Does anyone have any tips?
What did you do to make the two weeks fly?

I feel bad when I sneeze or go to the bathroom! I wonder... "Are they still in there? Did they fall out? Are they sticking yet?" I walk lightly...

amberbanegas November 1st, 2013 01:12 AM

Re: How do you endure the 2WW

So I Googled it...
We are not supposed to think about it too much (FAILED)
We are not supposed to look up information (FAILED)
Keep your mind busy...
- Blog
- Crochet
- Read
- Watch some movies
- Clean (I actually enjoy cleaning and organizing)
- Crossword puzzles, puzzles, word search
- Online forums:)
- YouTube... Funny videos!
Geez... What else! Cook
I made cupcakes for Halloween....
Spend QT with the kids...
Now, What to do TOMORROW! LOL

*Leah* November 1st, 2013 05:17 AM

:( I'ts so hard. I test everyday hahaaa... makes me feel like I"m doing something :)

I crochet too - I just got two orders this am :)

It's so hard to stay busy. ((HUGS)) ...I'll be joining you soon!

amberbanegas November 1st, 2013 08:26 AM

Yea Leah! I am excited to have someone go crazy with me! are you doing a 3 or 5 dt?
My husband has bought me some. I think that I will take one every morning and leave it in the bathroom so he can see the results... (Sweet right?) With a 5dt... People say day 5 is as early as possible to get a BFP. So I am wondering Do I count the day of transfer? (I say YES!)

*Melissa* November 1st, 2013 09:10 AM

Lol, I have failed at all, and I am only 1 day post transfer hahaha

I am just trying to think positive.... It also helps me to think of what I will do in the worst case scenario.

amberbanegas November 1st, 2013 09:23 AM

O Melissa! That is what I tried too... But my sweet DH will have no part in that! I am so worried though! I do not want to fail him. And I had dreams last night that I got up and took a PG test... like three times... I woke up thinking I really did! And they were all positive! My period is due tomorrow... I shouldn't get it though... I am glad that you are here!!! And soon Leah too!

amberbanegas November 2nd, 2013 09:00 AM

Great news! I found a website to watch TV and movies! JACKPOT! I was about to break down and BUY Netflicks!
I was in the hospital with another American and today she sent me a message. As we were talking, she shared the websites with me! To help my craziness! She is so CALM!
So I have been watching TrueBlood... Wondering how much longer I should wait before I pee on a stick! I did previously and got a NEGATIVE... Which is great because at least I know that if I get a positive, it will be real!
Here are the links!
TUBE+ Watch full length TV Shows and Movies online for free
zmovie - Watch Movies online for free on zmovie.tv
How many days did you all wait to test? I wish I would have ordered those cheap tests in the BULK... But I didn't think far enough ahead!
Have a great weekend!

amberbanegas November 11th, 2013 01:42 AM

I never got a BFP on a HPT... And I only knew I was pregnant for 2 days... Sad that today I found out that the baby/babies are gone... The on-call doctor didn't give me the warm and fuzzy or any kind of support... I held up fine until her and the other 4 people left the room. Just last night me and my Hubz were talking about going home outfits... And I called to tell my Mother... For some reason I felt guilty for not telling her! I let her know I was in the hospital and all.

kayakr November 11th, 2013 08:18 AM

I am sorry sweetie :(

I was blessed with our one and only IVF cycle working. I am sooo sorry yours didn't. I don't know why it works for some right away and others it doesn't. I wish I could help you in some way. You've got to take some time and then refocus. None of the ladies on TTCMA have their babies because they gave up. You have to not give up either and keep fighting for the family that you know is yours.

If it wasn't meant to be, I believe the desire for babies would be gone from your heart. If the desire stays - you must continue to fight. You will get your success story too.... we just don't know when. Big FAT HUGE HUGS TO YOU!

Peach2013 November 13th, 2013 01:27 PM

Hello everyone...my first I.v.f was unsuccessful :( I got my embryo transfer done again on November 11th....I hear you all.....this wait is killing me....my new past time is to watch reruns of Project Runway on my IPad :) .....I felt some cramping this morning....very anxious and scared this time...not as confident as I was last time....is it normal to feel cramping...also, my mom wants me to lie down as much as I can....does bed rest help?

I am so sorry amberbangas...I feel your pain as I had the same thing happen to me,,,,hang in there and be strong...don't give up...

amberbanegas November 15th, 2013 09:45 AM

Peach-
I stayed in bed:) And I did get pregnant! (I just lost the pregnancy) I kept myself busy with watching a lot of TV too! (ONLINE) Keep yourself occupied! I wish you the best of luck! Keep me posted

amberbanegas December 19th, 2013 06:51 AM

Any news Peach???

april18 December 19th, 2013 02:59 PM

oh Amber,

I didn't see this until just now. I am so sorry for your loss. I see that you have a FET scheduled! that's amazing that you have frosties!!! we didn't get any. I'll be saying a prayer for you & your growing family

amberbanegas December 19th, 2013 07:48 PM

Thank you so much April! I truly appreciate it! I am hopeful that this time… I will stay PG! I will not MOVE much ! :) I am NOT looking forward to the 2WW though! I am making a list of things to do and watch ALREADY!

april18 December 20th, 2013 12:00 PM

Amber you will stay PG! I am so excited for you :D

my clinic has higher success rates with frosties.

baby dust & sticky vibes!!!

amberbanegas December 20th, 2013 06:15 PM

Thank You April! I have to stay hopeful! Or else… I would be INSANE! :)

amberbanegas January 11th, 2014 12:01 PM

My second 2WW,… I am actually calmer this time I think. Maybe it is because I am doing more this time to stay busy!
I took a list of the best movies from 2013 and wrote down the ones I want to see… And TV shows too. I completely avoided watching them until my 2WW started. I downloaded TONS of pregnancy and baby apps… I will decide on the one I like best and then keep that one! (Details to follow… I am such a nerd!)
Crochet
Read
Call friends… This time… We didn't tell anyone. It makes it easier not to talk about it!
Buy stocks
Make dinner menus for the week
Fun Fun Fun… (NOT!)