JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC by IVF (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/)
-   -   Positive FET??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/2699855-positive-fet.html)

amberbanegas December 25th, 2013 03:11 AM

Positive FET???

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I have been wondering… My first IVF ended in a Chemical Pregnancy… So now we are on to FET. How many people have had a successful FET? Which attempt was it? My REs office said that it "always" works but didn't give me an actual %… or tell me after how many tries. Everywhere I read, the rates are lower then with a FRESH IVF

I do not know the grades of my frosties… I only know that we have 9 and they are 5 day blasts. (We froze them late October)

I am currently taking estrogen and folic acid.

Any insight would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

Katie L December 25th, 2013 08:48 PM

Re: Positive FET???

Hi Amber!
I am 10 weeks with my first FET. So they can work!

I have read that the statistics are better for FET because the stimming of a fresh cycle is harsh on the uterus and body. When I asked my embryologist she said the stats are better for FET as long as the quality of the embryos don't suffer from the freeze/thaw.

9 is a LOT of snowbabies!! Hopefully you have a couple with excellent quality and they can be transferred into a calm uterus during a low-key frozen cycle!

Good luck to you!

amberbanegas December 25th, 2013 11:31 PM

Kaite! WOW- That makes me feel so much better! I hate asking questions at my clinic because they are ALWAYS sooooo busy! I went to my scan this morning and they said everything looks good. I have to UP my dosage starting tomorrow.

I did look at the grade of my frozen babies… They said GRADE 3 is BEST… I had 4 of those. I have 3 frosties that are 2-3 and then 2 that are grade 2.
I see last time they transferred a 2 and a 3… I wonder why they didn't put 2 grade 3 blasts in!

I really hope that it will work!

Katie L December 27th, 2013 08:52 PM

How exciting! Sounds like the embryos are good quality which means good things!

I know the Drs and staff can seem busy but it is always worth your time and theirs to ask questions.

Fingers crossed for you and sending you tons of sticky dust!

amberbanegas December 28th, 2013 12:39 AM

I hope that you are right… It has been a waiting game… Seems like everything is going in slow motion! I do ask questions… I generally just do not get answers. LOL. But hey, they guy is supposed to be the best here so I deal with it!

KMH December 28th, 2013 06:03 AM

I would say FET definitely works ;) I had a singleton pregnancy with my fresh IVF cycle and then did an FET 18 months later. We transferred 2 5-day blasts (I didn't want to know the grade) and had twins.

I think you'll really love doing your FET. Your body isn't so hopped up on meds, the process is so much more relaxed, you don't have as many appointments, and the whole thing is just a breeze compared to the fresh cycle! Here's was my calendar for FET: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...-timeline.html

Good luck!

amberbanegas December 29th, 2013 03:09 AM

That is GREAT! I am going to count your days! It was only 20! I am WAY Over 20 days :( !
This is my schedule...
Nov 11- Started BCP (22 days)
Nov 30- Decapeptyl shot 3.75
Dec 22- Started taking Progyluton (Increasing dosage after every 5 days until 4 a day… They said I will continue until PG is confirmed)
Dec 31- Progyluton and suppositories
Jan 08- ET (We are transferring 2!)

I really hope it works. This time, I am not telling ANYONE in real life… I think that it is best! Maybe that is why I am always online here now:(

KMH December 29th, 2013 08:00 AM

I didn't include the 2 months prior to the FET that I was on BCP....once you get off the BCP things move pretty quickly. I'm cheering for you!

amberbanegas December 29th, 2013 08:08 AM

That is what I thought too… I really thought it would be in DECEMBER though. It is like I get QUIET moments when nothing is going on and that freaks me out. My period should be when the ET is though… That is what has me concerned. Will the estrogen and the suppositories keep my period from coming?
I would like the same results as you… TWINS! I know I just need not worry… But that is SO HARD to do!:o

KMH December 29th, 2013 08:12 AM

Yes, the estrogen and progesterone will make your lining nice and thick and ready for those babieS to snuggle in.

amberbanegas December 29th, 2013 08:18 AM

That is great! I was just thinking that they would do the ET after my natural ovulation. I will ask them how thick it is at my next appt. I didn't ask last time. I know I will be in the hospital 3 days after the ET because my doctor says so… And my DH said we have to do everything just as we are told (Though I feel like it is OVER KILL) You got your BFP quickly! That would help my 2WW right along!

april18 December 30th, 2013 12:06 PM

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I think it will definitely take!!! my clinic has such a high success rate with FET. you'll be preggers soooo soon. i'm super excited for you <3

amberbanegas December 30th, 2013 08:56 PM

Thanks April! Happy New Year! How are you feeling?

april18 January 2nd, 2014 01:35 PM

hi Amber :)

feeling good & remembering how blessed I am. thank you so much for asking :D. i know your transfer is on the 8th! i'll be thinking of you. we also go in on the 8th to figure out what the next step is. i'll be saying a prayer for you & hoping your transfer goes perfectly :D. i am hoping the dr will say we can start with the next AF. i'm nervous but trying to stay positive.

how are you feeling ?

sending positive vibes your way :D

amberbanegas January 3rd, 2014 03:37 AM

April- I am feeling anxious! I am ready to get it over with! I am already writing down movies to watch during my 2WW! My doctor will require I stay in the hospital 3 days and then 2 weeks of bed rest! When I was in America I bought PG tests. They were only 88 cents! Who can beat that! I think that I have 6 ready and waiting for me! I will try not to test until the 5DPT.
I will be checking in on you too! I hope that you will be able to start right away. I know I hate waiting…

april18 January 6th, 2014 01:50 PM

hi Amber!!! you've been on my mind :D I hope tomorrows check up brings nothing but great news. I hope wed your transfer goes smoothly & the 2ww goes by quickly!!! I know its so hard not to think about anything else, but i'm glad you're planning ahead with the movies. that's really smart!
I also love that you have your pg tests all ready. hubby wouldn't let me have any in the house. he knows I have no self control lol.

hubby and I are going to do another round. we will decide on your transfer day which clinic we will go with :). the new doc (dr sher) sooo many pros!!! he's sooo kind, very knowledgeable, I could go on & on about him. his only con, they are sooooo much more expensive! our 2nd option is dr severino. he is at the same clinic as our 1st round. we requested him, but he didn't want to take us on mid cycle. he is also very very kind! I met with him today & he said he was sorry for not being able to be our dr & offered us free freezing if we got extra embryos & an FET!!! i'm soooo torn. hubby does not want to use the clinic we did our 1st round with, but financially it makes more sense.

sorry I rambled. you will be in my prayers! I'm excited to hear how everything is shaping up for you!

<3

amberbanegas January 6th, 2014 11:24 PM

April- I am going to tell you what I think… Though you didn't ask for my opinion…
Go with the same clinic. It is cheaper and you get FREE Freezing and FET! I say HECK YEAH! My doctor doesn't really ever answer my questions… And I ask a lot… But he is the BEST! Everyone recommends him. If you have plenty of money to spare, then go for the more expensive. Just remember that you need a PLAN B just in case it doesn't work this time. Also- Since not all of the embies made it to 5 day last time, maybe they should freeze them at Day 3… (They can do that, right?) I mean at least you will have some JIC you need them! I wish I could send you some of mine as I hate to think that they are going to be destroyed! I pray I will not have to use all of them!
Let me know who you choose! Good Luck!

AFM- I am nervous. I will start packing my over night bag soon. My DH will also stay in the hospital with me which is great! Though he does have to work. I will just have everything there for him. It is SOOOO boring in the hospital! I will let you know what they say… I hope that I have some left JIC!

amberbanegas January 7th, 2014 10:10 AM

***UPDATE***
After waiting to see my doctor for HOURS… He told me that they thawed 5 blasts and that 3 made it… In the morning they will pick the best two, do assisted hatching and then transfer them. I have to be there at 9 AM. I am wondering WHY they thawed so many at once. That leaves me with 4 frosties! That means if it doesn't work this time… I have one more shot! (Since they de-thaw so many!)

KMH January 7th, 2014 10:38 AM

So excited for you, Amber! Hope the transfer goes well and that those little babies STICK!!

flhopeful January 7th, 2014 11:07 AM

Good luck with your transfer! So exciting!!!