JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC by IVF (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/)
-   -   IVF Virgin (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f562-ttc-ivf/2705996-ivf-virgin.html)

MissB_62 January 30th, 2014 07:43 PM

IVF Virgin

Hello Ladies!

I'm about to start my first round of IVF next week. I'm excited, anxious, nervous and scared! I guess all those emotions are to be expected. I'm so afraid I'm going to do something wrong. Any tips or advice you can share. Thank you in advance

dlammers January 31st, 2014 09:24 AM

Re: IVF Virgin

Hey! I don't have any tips or advice for you as I am taking bcp for my first IVF. I just wanted to say good luck!

flhopeful January 31st, 2014 09:33 AM

Don't worry about doing anything wrong. I figure that if I could do it, anyone could do it. I was so nervous about the doses and getting everything just right too. Just make sure you take good notes if they walk you through the steps, they should give you reference materials as well and call the on-call staff if you have any questions. You are paying them enough to be on-calll 24-7!

Good luck to you and keep us posted :smile:

april18 January 31st, 2014 11:17 AM

Missb62! I will be cycling with you :D I start my shots on 2/7. this is such a great site to get support that is much needed during this process. i'm so excited to get started! :)

amberbanegas January 31st, 2014 11:53 AM

YAY! I am glad there is another woman starting! Things have been kinda slow lately! My only advise… Warm feet! Keep your feet warm after your egg transfer! As for everything else, once you start, time flies! TRUST ME! You will get used to all the waiting! Good Luck!

MissB_62 February 1st, 2014 06:09 AM

Thanks Ladies! I couldn't take BCP so finally started my cycle and ready to get this party started! Boards like this help so much. Good point April18, we are paying them enough that I should utilize the on call if needed. My fertility clinic just sends you paperwork on everything and kind of expects you to know what you are doing. Good luck and keep me posted

Liyana February 1st, 2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissB_62 (Post 27935809)
Thanks Ladies! I couldn't take BCP so finally started my cycle and ready to get this party started! Boards like this help so much. Good point April18, we are paying them enough that I should utilize the on call if needed. My fertility clinic just sends you paperwork on everything and kind of expects you to know what you are doing. Good luck and keep me posted

Hi MissB_62!
Dont be scared darling!
Believe me my shots scared me aswell - but finally I realized that I do everything to make this cycle work! Your baby is worth every penny! :)
So you took BCP or not, I could understand? sry
I wish you a good luck and ofcourse take an good care of your self! Do you have already your IVF calender`?

MissB_62 February 3rd, 2014 08:05 PM

i did not take bcp. I have factor V and can't take birth control. First shot done and it wasn't so bad

Lisa_U February 7th, 2014 07:39 PM

Hi MissB

This is my first IVF cycle too! And I started my injections on yesterday (2/6) so we should be pretty close in our cycle. Best of Luck to you. Keep me posted on how things are going for you and I will do the same :)

MissB_62 February 8th, 2014 03:12 PM

Oh Lisa_U we are very close in our schedule. How are you feeling? I had bad headaches the first few days of injections

Lisa_U February 8th, 2014 06:46 PM

I had a little tiny headache the first night after the injection, but other than that nothing. Didn't get a headache last night and hoping for the same again today :)

Lisa_U February 9th, 2014 07:09 PM

MissB
How are you feeling? I am already feeling some bloating (hoping that just means that my follies are growing, and there are lots of them)!

April,
I just noticed that you are on the same cycle as me too! YAY! How are things going for you so far?

MissB_62 February 9th, 2014 08:59 PM

overall feeling good! a little sick of needles between the shots, blood work and accupunture. I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully will see how the follicals are doing. I'm pretty sure starting the antagonist tomorrow. And yes feeling the bloat!

april18 February 9th, 2014 11:27 PM

hi MissB_62 :) i'll probably be 2 weeks behind you. I started my Lupron & go in for our 1st US on 2/18. I feel like the days are going by soooo slow. I am also taking a steroid dexamethasone. it gives me the jitters & I've been having trouble sleeping. I hope I don't turn into a monster "b".

this is our 2nd round. I hope to get preg with twins & have some frosties too! we didn't get any last time.

Lisa_U February 10th, 2014 04:14 PM

Miss B
I am getting tired of getting stuck too, but hey it's all going to be worth it in the end! That's what I keep telling myself anyway. How did your tests go today?

April
I wanted twins too, but my husband does not, we will see what the RE suggests but if we have a chance of only implanting 1 thats what we are going to do and then hoping for some frosties to implant about 2 years later. Good Luck and hope you Get LOTS and LOTS of embryos.

MissB_62 February 10th, 2014 05:15 PM

Things went well today. Sometimes I wish the doctor spent more time explaining things. These Fertility clinics just crank patients in and out. Right now I only have 5-6 follicals. Way more on the right ovary then the left. Shooting for retrival Friday or Saturday. I'm a little nervous we won't have that many eggs. I started the antagonist today and ouch that one hurt.

April, did you not have any embryos your first time? Are you ladies doing accupunture as well?

Lisa_U February 10th, 2014 06:01 PM

I am not going to an acupuncturist. And Im sorry I don't know what antagonist is. Is that the medication that they use to keep you from Ovulating on your own? Oh I wish my Retrival was on Friday or Saturday...I am hoping to trigger one of those days, but we will see had to up the dosage on one of my meds after today.

MissB_62 February 10th, 2014 07:23 PM

Yes Lisa, I'm taking Ganirelix. I'm still getting use to all the medication names. It seems to roll off everyones tongue like nothing.

Lisa_U February 10th, 2014 07:29 PM

I can remember the names of the ones I have to take but if you had told me you started your Ganirelix, I wouldn't have know what your where talking about .... I am taking Menopur and Bravelle as stims, then I will take Cetrotide and finally trigger with Ovidrelle. And I am NOT looking forward to the last two since they are refrigerated and that just means they are going to burn!! I may consider icing for those. Do you ice before your injections?

MissB_62 February 10th, 2014 07:42 PM

so I'm on a completely different plan. Taking gonal f for stims, ganirelix so i dont ovulate and novarel to trigger. and I haven't iced yet. the needle is pretty long to use to trigger. a little nervous... gulp