JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC JOURNALS (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f352-ttc-journals/)
-   -   Coley TTC #1 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f352-ttc-journals/1583513-coley-ttc-1-a.html)

Coley June 2nd, 2009 09:35 AM

Coley TTC #1

Entry #1

My name is Nikki & my Honey Bunny is Dan. We'll have been together for 9 1/2 years at the end of this month. We have two furbabies:
Cinder & Little
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture003.jpghttp://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture021.jpg
We're going to be adding another furbaby on the 13th of this month. MIL found 6 kittens that had been abandoned and she has been bottle feeding them. They are now 6 weeks old and need homes, so we're going to take one. Little needs a friend because Cinder is 9 years old now and isn't really interested in letting the cat jump all over her anymore. LOL!

While we've only OFFICIALLY been TTC full on for 2 months now, we've been NTNP for the better part of 7 years. I thought it would've happened by now, but apparently that was not the plan. I've always taken the approach to life that everything happens for a reason, but I find it a fair bit harder to take that advice when it comes to this.

In January we moved into our new house. It's fantastic! I finally have my fireplace! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: That's something I've wanted for EVER! We have a yard, which has made ALL of us much happier. I can wake up in the morning and go plant flowers in my own yard now if I want! Cinder happily follows behind and then finds herself a nice patch of grass with a bit of shade and a bit of sun and just lounges. It's amazing how much of a difference a change of location can make.

I've even found that DH and I are closer, more intimate and more affectionate with each other. It seems that the stress we were both carrying has melted away. He is so excited for us to get pregnant. It's so strange... I always hoped that when we TTC that we would both be equally excited, that we would both want it just as much... and we do. I guess that lends further credence to my theory that everything happens when it's meant to.

Last Thursday was my very first ever + OPK. I had some health & weight issues last year that caused me to have annovulatory cycles and when I did ovulate, my LP was anywhere from 5 to 10 days. Not good. So you can imagine how happy I was to see those bright pink lines. It was like a bit more evidence that things were working "normally" now.

My happiness soon switched to being totally freaked out! Friday, low temp. Saturday, low temp. Sunday, low temp. Monday, low temp. All I could think was ***?!? I bought these things to make things simpler, now it seemed as if they had only given me one more thing to be confused about. As usual my JM ladies were right, and this morning I woke to a temp of 97.6, my highest this cycle.

So I've got my fingers, toes, eyes and anything else I can think of crossed that this month will be the month!

Skimboardin Mama June 2nd, 2009 10:52 AM

Re: Coley TTC #1

Hi Nikki! I'm glad you started a journal!!!

My DH and I just got our first house in March too. Before then we lived with my mom for about 2 years and it sucked because we didn't get much alone time. We are doing way better on our own and are much more happy and back to our old selves. I'm happy we have a fireplace too but I don't know how to work it.. Good thing it doesn't really get cold in CA. :lol:

Anwyay I'm glad you and DH are doing great and that your body is getting itself back in check!!! I love JM.. because if you have a question, someone has an answer!!!

Good luck to you and your little family on your TTC#1 journey!

Coley June 2nd, 2009 01:08 PM

Awww thanks Nancy!! You're my 1st journal response!! :cheer:

Luckily we were living on our own... but we were right smack in the middle of Philly which has too much traffic, too many people and too little space! Now we're in Delaware and we have soooo much more space. Cinder is happy she doesn't have to pee on concrete anymore, DH is happy that he has a lawn to mow & Little is happy that there are tons of birds and squirrels that come right up to the windows!

Where in CA are you guys? I lived in So. CA for 10 years and loved it!! I didn't want to come back to the east coast, but I was still a minor and didn't have much say in the situation. I had every intention of going back after I graduated... alas, life had other plans for me. But that's ok, because if I had gone back to CA, I never would've met DH.

You have a fireplace too! The house we lived in in CA had a fireplace. We did use it, but you're right... it doesn't really get so "cold" in CA that you'd need it. They do create wonderful ambiance!! I kept hoping we'd have some romantic fireside night and that's how we'd conceive. HA!

I love Christmas... it's, hands down, my favorite holiday of the year. But I haven't been excited about Christmas in years because we always lived somewhere really tiny so we didn't have the space to have our families over or anything, barely had room for a tree, etc... so when it started getting close to Christmas, I was getting really depressed.

This year, talk about a total 180!! I am tickled to death that the warm weather is here FINALLY! But, I am sooooo geeked for Christmas this year!!! I've already decided in my head where the tree is going to go and how I'm going to decorate the entire house!! We also get to host the annual Christmas Eve gift exchange with friends at our place this year!!

I'm telling you. The more I think about things, the more it seems to make sense that I didn't get pregnant back when I so wanted to because now everything seems to be lining up just right.

Skimboardin Mama June 2nd, 2009 01:28 PM

Yes I took your journal cherry hahaha

Things have fallen into place for you! you must be on :cloud9:
It's just amazing how things happen all at once, or in due time.... it makes you feel like the universe and God aren't forgetting the little people.

We live in San Bernardino, CA.... it's not the best place in the world but we're close to everyone/everything we love (except the beach!)

By the way you've just made me soooooooo excited for Christmas! I have not even thought of that! awwwww I want to cry!!!!!! I can't even imagine how special it will be to take a picture by our first tree!!!! Well maybe this will be your last Christmas alone forever because hopefully you're going to have baby "Nikanny"(celeb baby name?) to share it with next year! (think +ive!) hopefully we'll get a :bfp: this year so this will be our last x-mas alone too!

pmwjones June 2nd, 2009 01:46 PM

I am happy that things are falling into place for you Nikki!! And if you just got your 1st +OPK...I hope you catch that eggie!!!! GL!!
Christmas!! ahhh Only the BEST holiday of the year!!! This year was DH and I's first Christmas together in our home with our 1st Christmas tree. It was awesome!! I really hope next year I will be PG and then from there on out we have have our kiddos and us!! I just love Christmas too.
Well, get to BDing and lots of luck!

chrissy323 June 2nd, 2009 02:46 PM

Congrats on the new house and on your body cooperating!!! I hope you catch that eggie and get your BFP:)

Coley June 2nd, 2009 03:02 PM

And I would so totally be fine with being pregnant at Christmas!! Hopefully the baby fat would help to keep me warm!! HA! I FREEZE in the winter, but I love my snow! That was the main thing about the east coast I missed when I lived in CA (We lived in Pasadena, South Pasadena & the San Fernando Valley). We did drive up into the mountains a few times and saw snow... but it's not quite the same as seeing it from your window while you're still in your jammies!! LOL!!

I was pissed at the OPKs for a while there because I was totally expecting that my temp should've risen straight away, but it wasn't until today that I got my shift. Now last month, right after my shift it dropped and then started climbing back up again. I wonder if it will do that again this time.

Only tomorrow will tell...

Skimboardin Mama June 2nd, 2009 03:20 PM

do you know how to link your ff counter??

log in to ff and then click "home page setup" above your chart/calendar.. the link is there!

Coley June 3rd, 2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *nan* (Post 16061245)
do you know how to link your ff counter??

log in to ff and then click "home page setup" above your chart/calendar.. the link is there!

See... I thought it was right. I see the little ticker picture, it reflects the right cycle info, but it's not "clickable".

I went to the home page setup just like you said and copied the link, but somethin' ain't right. WTH!!

~*Jackie*~ June 3rd, 2009 12:12 PM

Hey girlie! Go back through as if you are "creating" your ticker again- the stuff you have will still be saved, so keep clicking next til you get to the end. Then copy and paste the BBCode code that shows at the end. That should include a clickable ticker. :D

By the way, I'm also in PA, but on the complete other side of the state! :p

Coley June 3rd, 2009 01:00 PM

Woo Hoo!! :party:

See.. that's why I love it here!!

~*Jackie*~ June 3rd, 2009 01:06 PM

YAY!!

Well, like I said in the forum, I so think you really O'd on CD 16. I can bet, if you get a higher temp tomorrow, *and* you take out that OPK, it would change your CH's... Hmmm- are you for sure that it was a very positive OPK? Gosh I hate reading those things!

Coley June 3rd, 2009 02:06 PM

Entry #3

One of my favorite things in the whole world is happening right now... a summer Thunderstorm!! Cinder is hating it right now because she always wants to be in her yard now that she has one, plus she's afraid of the thunder.

So, of course I'm still thinking and thinking about this whole O day thing. FF had always said that it anticipated O on CD 16, which would be the same day as last month. Made sense. So when I got my +OPK on CD 12 it was clearly earlier than I had expected. But then again, I thought I've only got one decent chart on FF (all the others were from when I was really sick and they show it!) so maybe it doesn't have enough info to really be able to anticipate what my body is going to do.

*Sigh* Ok... I got pregnant back when I was 18. Suffice to say, it didn't work out, but I still have memories of how I felt back then to kinda compare things to now. So with that being said, last month we were so sure that we had gotten pregnant. There were things happening that I couldn't explain away.

For example, I'm a total puker. What I mean when I say that is that I have no aversion to vomiting, I don't get off on it or anything. LOL! Whenever I feel nauseous and I vomit, I instantly feel better, so it's a good thing in my mind. DH on the other hand would rather be kicked in the ding ding than puke, I don't get that. But I digress...

So, I O on CD 16 of last month. BDing was timed pretty well.

By 6 DPO in addition to my normal sore bbs I was really gassy and constipated.

By 8 DPO, that evening I had cramps that made me feel sure AF was coming along with some pain on my left hand side, in addition to the gas, sore bbs and constipation. Plus, FF was calling for AF to be due the following day.

The next morning, 9 DPO, I still had some residual cramping that quickly went away. By that evening I was once again gassy, constipated and now I had nausea. Still no AF.

The nausea got so bad I literally flew from the sofa to the bathroom so fast DH shouted after me "You okay?" LOL! I hung my head in the bowl, drooled for a while and then puked fully expecting to feel relief. No such luck. I still felt just as green around the gills as I had before.

The next day was pretty much the same as the day before. Really gassy, constipated, nauseous, along with being sore, it now seemed my bbs felt heavier. I had to drive to the train station to pick up DH and when he got off the train he found me with my head hanging out the passenger side window... drooling. Still no AF.

By 11 DPO I was an emotional basket case. I found myself weeping about characters in movies that I hadn't even watched. I turned on the tv and there were maybe 20 mins left in a movie and I started bawling because the lady was dying. I was so overly emotional.

Every month I take my dad for his eye injections (he has macular degeneration and can't drive anymore) and do some errands for him. As I was standing in the bank waiting for the teller to cash a check, I came over so nauseous I had to lean my head on the counter. The teller started to apologize for taking a while and I explained it had nothing to do with her, that I just wasn't feeling well. I literally felt so weak in the legs, like I was going to collapse. The last time I felt like that was when I was 18 years old.

I continued to have some mood swings the rest of that night and into the next morning. That morning, I noticed a twinge of pink in my CM. I didn't think too much of it because while a touch lower than the day before, that morning my temp was still fairly high.

As the day progressed I began to have some cramping and the pink CM gave way to spotting, which by the next morning bounced between spotty and very light, but my temp was still the same as the day before, so I was totally confused. By Monday my temp was 97.3 and I had a normal flow for one day.

Now, what exactly all of that was... I guess I'll never really know. Deep down, I think I experienced a very early m/c. DH doesn't like it when I say that... but I tried to explain that even though it's sad, if that's what it was, then it's also the closest we've ever gotten, and that's something.

So... I took that long journey to come full circle back to my current cycle. So, FF was saying it anticipated O on CD 16, just like last month, yeah? Well, now FF is saying it thinks I O'd on CD 12. I was talking to DH on the phone telling him all about it and he said "Well, if people are saying that a high temp in the next day or so might make it move to CD 16, can't you just fudge some fake temps and see what it does?" I tried that and it won't move. FF really seems to like CD 12!

Now I'm wondering if O'ing earlier in my cycle would be a good thing, since I've had really short LP's in the past. I'm totally not stressing about it, because I really believe we BD'd enough for either O day this cycle.

I just have a very analytical mind and when faced with a mystery... I can't help myself. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ (Post 16075585)
YAY!!

Well, like I said in the forum, I so think you really O'd on CD 16. I can bet, if you get a higher temp tomorrow, *and* you take out that OPK, it would change your CH's... Hmmm- are you for sure that it was a very positive OPK? Gosh I hate reading those things!

It was clear as day to me when I first looked at it, then I questioned myself so I took a pic and posted it. It was unanimous... everyone said it was positive.

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...tatHome018.jpg

Coley June 3rd, 2009 02:16 PM

I hear ya Jackie... temp wise CD 16 does look better.

You want another monkey wrench?? Last cycle a couple days after O I had a fallback from 97.7 to 97.3. Now this cycle, if CD 12 was O day, then again... a couple days after O day I had a fallback. HA!!

Chew on that!!

chrissy323 June 3rd, 2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ (Post 16074719)
Hey girlie! Go back through as if you are "creating" your ticker again- the stuff you have will still be saved, so keep clicking next til you get to the end. Then copy and paste the BBCode code that shows at the end. That should include a clickable ticker. :D

By the way, I'm also in PA, but on the complete other side of the state! :p

Hey girls! I'm a PA girl too! I'm in Philadelphia pretty far away, but still PA:)

Coley June 3rd, 2009 08:14 PM

You kidding Chrissy?!? You're like 15-20 mins from me... I'm only in Wilmington!

pmwjones June 3rd, 2009 11:16 PM

I am sorry you are stressing about your O time. But I have read in FF that it suggests you not fudge with it and put stuff in just to make it the way you "think" it should be. If you look at my chart...after I Oed, my temp went down and back up a few times. I don't think it is wrong for your temp to go down a little after Oing. It seems to me you probably did O around the time you got the +OPK. Take this all with a grain of salt. Merely JMO. I just hope you can get some answers soon. I know about stressing over these dang charts...it SUX! I look at mine a million times a day and it does no good. LOL
GL!!

hearts.0nfire June 3rd, 2009 11:24 PM

I think I hate charting for that reason. I hope you get your bfp real soon! :)

~*Jackie*~ June 4th, 2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coley (Post 16076542)
I hear ya Jackie... temp wise CD 16 does look better.

You want another monkey wrench?? Last cycle a couple days after O I had a fallback from 97.7 to 97.3. Now this cycle, if CD 12 was O day, then again... a couple days after O day I had a fallback. HA!!

Chew on that!!

Yes, that OPK was positive! No denying that- now I think I remember your post.. oops! ;)

So I guess we'll see what happens, it could be right then! I just hope your temps just climb and climb and it ends in a BFP, then there's no questioning this cycle! :lol:

Skimboardin Mama June 4th, 2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ (Post 16084179)
Yes, that OPK was positive!
So I guess we'll see what happens, it could be right then! I just hope your temps just climb and climb and it ends in a BFP, then there's no questioning this cycle! :lol:

:ditto:

Nikki I really hope this is your cycle!