JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC JOURNALS (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f352-ttc-journals/)
-   -   Jens TTC #1 Journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f352-ttc-journals/2472264-jens-ttc-1-journal.html)

Jen@FirsAve January 7th, 2012 03:45 PM

Jens TTC #1 Journal

Hi

Just to introduce myself, i'm Jen (25) and my SO is Rob (25) and we offically started TTC in July after we bought our first house! I've been stalking the boards here for a couple of months and finally got up the courage to start my own journal. Me and Rob have been together for 6 years, we met at University and have pretty much been living together ever since. We'v been talking about starting a family for about 2 years but we wanted to be settled in our our house before starting properly so my BCP went into the bin when I was unpacking after the big move :smile:!

I'm now on cycle # 5 and so far no sign of a BFP. Last cycle I got a BBT and some OPK's which I've been trying to use to help my head around things. I'm hoping that it wont be too long until i'm moving to the grads board but in the meantime i'm hoping you guys will help me keep sane lol! This board seems to have a really close knit group of ladies who support eachother and im hoping to do the same.

I do have a chart on fertility friend but not sure how to post a link??:confused: but ill try and figure it out!

Anywho thanks for listening (reading?!)

Jen

HopeTea January 7th, 2012 04:29 PM

Re: Jens TTC #1 Journal

Hi, Jen! I'm Jack (27), and DH is Hiro (36). Looking forward to reading your journal, but hoping you'll get your BFP soon! ;)

I can help you get a link for your chart. Just go to the FF site and click on "sharing" at the top in purple, and select "graphical tickers". Then you can set up your ticker however you like. After that, just put the code into your JM profile. Hope that works!

Best of luck to you! :)

Belita January 7th, 2012 07:18 PM

I bet that the charting and OPKs will be very helpful in getting your :bfp:. I'm Robyn. I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Jen@FirsAve January 8th, 2012 07:44 AM

Hi Both, lovely to hear from you, sending positive thoughts your way

Thanks for the advice re the ff chart Jack, I think i've managed to figure it out lol!

x

dansyl January 8th, 2012 01:43 PM

:welcome: I'm Kara (26) and DW Is Terra, (38) we are trying to conceive using donor sperm. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Jen@FirsAve January 9th, 2012 10:53 AM

Hi Kara, lovely to hear from you! I hope you get your BFP soon!

One of the things id like to do to increase my chances of getting a BFP is to increase the EWCM! i get hardly any / if any at all, i've read that drinking grapefruit juice helps but i wondered if anyone else had any tips??

Belita January 9th, 2012 03:00 PM

I've heard that taking Evening Primrose Oil between your AF and your ovulation can help with CM. You just don't want to take it after you O because it can have negative effects if you're pregnant. I've just started taking it myself.

dansyl January 9th, 2012 06:53 PM

I don't have a lot of EWCM and when I got my :bfp: I used preseed. Love, love, love that stuff!!!

Jen@FirsAve January 12th, 2012 02:30 PM

Thanks, I think ill try the EPO next cycle if I don't hav any joy this month. I did look at preseed a couple of months ago but my SO was erm..less than keen lol so I think ill have to do without that for a while longer!

Now, I know I'm new to this charting and OPK malarky but I just got wot I think is a positive OPK, I don't remember getting one as dark as this last month. :mad: frustratingly I can't get the photo to copy and paste into this post!! Any suggestions as I wonder definately like a second opinion? Xx

Belita January 12th, 2012 02:35 PM

You have to post the photo to a photosharing site like Photobucket and then get the link and use that to post it.

HopeTea January 12th, 2012 04:20 PM

I was worried about lack of EWCM myself (I get it in some cycles, but not all), but I guess it's possible to conceive even with little to none, so I'm not as worried now. I've heard many good things about Preseed. If I could get it here, I probably would've tried it. Good luck!

Jen@FirsAve January 15th, 2012 01:02 PM

So I'm sorry if this is a little off topic ladies but I just needed to get sumthin off my chest..since we moved into our lovely house in July wev done a lot of redecorating but we haven't touched the bedroom at the front of the house, at the moment our house rabbit (peter) lives in there but today my SO asked about whether we should redecorate in their too, Iv kinda had my heart on it being a babys room but hadn't mentioned this to him and wen I tried to explain it made me so sad thinkin that we may not be able to have that or as soon as we expected anyway..I feel so bad for not being able to give my SO what we both want and althougg its early days I am worried that it just might not happen for us. Bit of a crappy teary sad emotional day today where I'm finding it hard to stay positive. So glad I found this place as its helpful to vent as we haven't really told anyone we're TTC and I'm the sort of person who likes to talk things out so this is a very gud next best!

On the TTC front I think I O'd thursday, or at least I got a very positive OPK on thursday and wateryCM, the confusing thing is no temp spike!!? Cud I have o'd without a temp spike? Any advice wud b appreciated x

Jen@FirsAve January 16th, 2012 09:25 AM

:confused:So....massive temp spike today..does that mean I didn't O last week and the OPK was wrong or is it just a random temp. Unfortunately I didn't temp this weekend as I nEeded a lie in grrrrr!!

Belita January 16th, 2012 09:32 AM

It could mean a few things. It's hard to tell without being able to see your chart. :( The OPKs just predict ovulation could happen. The only way to confirm O is to see a temp spike.

HopeTea January 17th, 2012 01:47 AM

:ditto:

Jen@FirsAve January 17th, 2012 10:43 AM

here's a link to my ff chart www. fertilityfriend. com/ home/3924d9

Im still not sure about why i cant get it to attach to my profile but guna have another try tonight. randomly I can now see everyone's siggie's! they're beautiful! might need to get one myself

so cycle-wise this month I have two thoughts - one is more positive and it goes somethign like this, OPk was right and I o'd around friday and wouldve got a temp spike saturday confirming O had i bothered to temp - which means we timed BD ok and might have a shot this month. other thought is more negative and it is that OPk threw me off and temp spike yesterday shows I o'd monday in which case BD timing sucked and im probably out this month. hmmm... not sure which to believe at this moment. eitherway this is stressing me out! i started temping etc so i could feel like i was 'doing' something to help TTC as i was freaking out not doing anything as i like to be in control and leaving it just to chance each month was driving me mad. doesnt feel like its working this month :mad:

Jen@FirsAve January 17th, 2012 01:32 PM

so i think i figured out the ff chart ticker...let me know if it works please!

Belita January 17th, 2012 01:52 PM

Your siggie isn't working, but I was able to copy and paste the web address from your previous post. I think you look like you have a very good chance this cycle! Your temp yesterday is much higher than any other temp, so it looks like a post-O temp to me. I don't see one for today, yet, though. I converted to farenheit to make sense to me and that's almost a full degree higher than your pre-O temps! Your BD timing also looks good! :smile: Your husband's swimmers can survive for up to 5 days, so you're not out at all this cycle! I hope you get your link fixed because I think you may have a chart worth stalking! ;) Please don't give up on the charting until you've given it a couple of cycles. It really tells you so much important information.

While logged into the Fertility Friend website, you should see a link in the top purple area that says "sharing." Click on that and you'll see a dropdown menu. Click on "Graphical Tickers." Follow all the steps and at the end you'll see a bunch of links. Grab the link for the BB code and copy and paste it into your signature. That's how I got mine in and linked to my chart.

Jen@FirsAve January 18th, 2012 10:41 AM

Thanks for that, definately perks my hopes up a bit. I do think that yesterdays temp mite b artifically high as I didn't sleep too well buit todays is still high and ff gave me crosshairs so fingers crossed!
I thought I'd sorted the ticker as the picture came up under my post but I guess not :( ill have another try soon!
Hope youv all had a good day, my day at work has been manic again at usual but its already halfway to the weekend yey! X

Jen@FirsAve January 20th, 2012 09:40 AM

Yey its friday! The weekend is here :smile:
So I had really uncomfortable af-like cramping yesterday and weednesday but none today?? Also I had a temp dip this morning, still not as low as before O but still not as high as before..could it be an implantation dip or is it too early? Other than that I guess I might be done for this month....

Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend? X