JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC JOURNALS (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f352-ttc-journals/)
-   -   Amy (Boolajoojoo) TTC#1 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f352-ttc-journals/2646505-amy-boolajoojoo-ttc-1-a.html)

Boolajoojoo April 27th, 2013 10:55 PM

Amy (Boolajoojoo) TTC#1

Howdy, I'm Amy. As of the day I am starting this journal DH and I have been TTC for... a while. I've lost track.... but I went off of BC in... 2010, and we started to get serious at some point last year. I just turned 31, DH and I have been married for... 8 years.

I've done 2 rounds of Clomid at this point (100mg each), and my OB/Gyn says if we don't get a BFP this cycle we are going to start looking into possible underlying fertility issues. I have been diagnosed via ultrasound as having a couple of cysts on my ovaries, but nothing that was too alarming. My biggest concern at this point is an apparent luteal phase defect, since I've been charting over the past few months and have been Oing kinda late not had a LP longer than 9 or 10 days, and always early spotting the week before AF.

I think I O'd today, hopefully temps over the next few days will confirm that I am in the 2 week wait..... every cycle as of late has been crushing, with BFN after BFN.... if we're going to get all medical up in here I am probably going to need a place to vent... yup.

So that's all for now, it's good to be here!

ImALittleTeaPot April 28th, 2013 05:59 AM

Re: Amy (Boolajoojoo) TTC#1

Amy, so glad you started a journal! It's a great place to record, track, and vent when needed! :)

I know I've read that people have been able to use supplements to lengthen their luteal phase. Have you looked into any of those? (sorry I don't have more specifics!)

KUP on how things are going -- we're here for you, lady! :) :hug:

Jen@FirsAve April 28th, 2013 12:51 PM

Hi Amy, welcome to the world of journalling. Its a great place to vent or just keep a record of things for posterity - esp if your starting down the MA route

Have you ever had a HSG? I found I had one blocked tube when I had mine so would really recommend it. Also, has DH done a SA?

Anyway, I look forward to following your journey!

SmilingSam April 28th, 2013 03:33 PM

Ah, I didn't know you and your husband had been trying for so long. Were you ovulating on Clomid? Do you have a guess at what's been keeping you all from getting pregnant?

Boolajoojoo April 28th, 2013 06:06 PM

@ Jeralynn, I am taking a B-vitamin supplement this time around, maybe that will do something, but I was concerned that it might have counter-active effects against the Clomid? I dunno, I have used progesterone cream in the past during the 2WW and it had zero effect on the length of my LP. I don't know what other options there are in that department besides a prescription for progesterone so hopefully the B-vitamins do something, I've been taking them for about a month now.

@Jen, I will be asking about an HSG and bloodwork to check hormone levels and such at my next appointment. We really have no idea what's going on.

DH was supposed to have an SA, but the office we were "referred to" wouldn't do it because we didn't have requisition paper work from a doctor. I was explicitly told that we would not need an official referral, and when we made the appointment they didn't tell us that on the phone either, they didn't say a darned thing until we showed up for the appointment when they refused to do it. So DH and I had a tandem melt-down over the whole thing and lost the motivation to get it done until recently.... to make a long story short, he has an appointment in a couple weeks for a regular physical and is going to get a real referral for the SA... but we'll be going somewhere else this time.

@Sam, I have been ovulating on Clomid, but I was Oing before Clomid, just on day 21ish, of a 28ish day cycle. Clomid apparently got me to O on day 18 and 20, but LP is still short. So the Clomid might not be necessary, except to get me to O sooner, but I imagine that would be an even higher dose. This month I had some serious mood swings, and I am going to blame that on the Clomid... because it so not like me... just white hot rage. I am normally pretty layed back. I think I want more information before another dose of the stuff. Maybe I won't need it?

Sam, I hope the Clomid works for you and no crazy side effects.

momology April 29th, 2013 06:57 AM

:welcome: to journaling!!!I look forward to following you on here :smile:

AshleyO April 30th, 2013 10:13 AM

Welcome to journaling! It is great to have a place to vent out to and record things. Good luck sweetie!

butterfly721 April 30th, 2013 10:32 AM

Welcome to journaling! I look forward to getting to know you better. :smile:

Nicholle ttc April 30th, 2013 06:55 PM

:welcome: to journalling! I too have a short LP. I've been taking close to 200mg of B6 with B complex vitamin for over a year. It has helped a bit, but for me personally, I think I have other fertility issues--possibly endo.

It sucks seeing BFN after BFN--that's why I don't test anymore. :lol:

Hopefully your ob/gyn will find out what's going on or refer to a RE which will likely help. I've been seeing a RE since October/November 2012. If you have any questions please feel free to ask or pm me.

GL and KUP! :dust:

Boolajoojoo April 30th, 2013 09:47 PM

Thanks Nicholle, I'm trying to catch up on everyone else's journals, yours is one of the next ones I am going to tackle, I know you have been through an arduous process, and I feel for you... at least I can "use" it as a guide, and get some hints as to what the next steps might be.

Endometriosis is one of the first things I am going to be asking about, because it's not unlikely, and my insurance will actually cover diagnosis and treatment of anything relating to pelvic health issues... but as soon as it's fertility related, not so much....

Hope you have answers soon with the endo, and some treatment options to go with that. I can't really think of anyone who deserves to have a baby more than you (and everyone else on this board, but you have been through the wringer and you especially deserve it).

Nicholle ttc May 1st, 2013 05:07 AM

Thanks Amy! :wub:

Boolajoojoo May 3rd, 2013 10:07 AM

Holy crap, my temp was way high this morning. I've never seen it that high, and I don't feel sick, I feel completely fine. Could just be a one time thing, but it is so hard to not get my hopes up that it might be going triphasic.... I guess we will see what it does over the weekend. Today is 6 DPO, but FF says 7.... going to try to wait 3 more days to test because that is when AF would normally be due...no other symptoms right now either... normally I am already spotting..... this is going to be one long weekend.....

momology May 3rd, 2013 11:38 AM

That is a high temp!! I cant wait to see what the ones through the weekend look like :smile:

Fx for you!!!! :dust:

Nicholle ttc May 3rd, 2013 11:45 AM

:ditto: to Elle! Have you been BDing recently, I hope so. I wouldn't be surprised if you ovulated later than you though. GL and KUP! :dust:

butterfly721 May 3rd, 2013 12:34 PM

My fingers are crossed for you, Amy!!! :heart:

ImALittleTeaPot May 4th, 2013 06:34 AM

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Boolajoojoo May 5th, 2013 05:44 PM

Thanks everyone for keeping your fingers crossed for me...my temps looks like they're tanking but it's weird, AF is due tomorrow or Tuesday and still no physical signs or symptoms, no spotting, no cramping, nothing. Maybe the B vitamins are working, if nothing else? Also, normally when AF comes, my temp jumps back up above the cover line a few times before they lever off for maybe a week and I don't know what that's all about. o.O Still going to test tomorrow. Not expecting much though.

butterfly721 May 5th, 2013 08:31 PM

Let us know the results of your test tomorrow!! :heart:

momology May 6th, 2013 07:19 AM

Any updates?? Did you test??

:dust:

Boolajoojoo May 6th, 2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momology (Post 27342391)
Any updates?? Did you test??

:dust:

Yeah... BFN.... but it's only 9 DPO, I only test this early because AF always comes so early, but still no signs of her so I guess there's still a chance? Maybe... I'm obsessive and will probably start testing every day til she comes... that's what ICs are for right?