JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC-OM Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/)
-   -   Weekly updates 01/10 to 01/16 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/1834498-weekly-updates-01-10-to-01-16-a.html)

mum74 January 12th, 2010 12:28 AM

Weekly updates 01/10 to 01/16

Becky must be busy so thought I'd start the weekly update post :).

Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

All going well with me. Getting a bit uncomfortable in the heat over here at the moment. It's really sapping my energy and slowing me down! Feeling baby kick heaps which I love. Seem to be going to the toilet a lot at the moment!!

Here's me at 24 weeks at Christmas time at the beach (the weather was beautiful and warm - we are wearing long-sleeved rashies as I'm the fair-skinned sun-conscious type!). I've been slack with taking photos so this is the only shot I've got.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...nahLenore4.jpg

Here's my almost 26 week pic taken at home this afternoon with the boys..
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...5dayssmall.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...days2Small.jpg

BeckyM January 12th, 2010 04:15 AM

Re: Weekly updates 01/10 to 01/16

Thanks Lenore for posting this week's update thread! I do appreciate it!!! and you look so adorable!!! and always love seeing bonus pics with your boys to. I'm the same way at the beach, covering up, or I go out in the evenings after 5/6ish. I hate sun burns, and I'm just as fair skinned as you look to be. :lol: I'll have DH take a new pic of me soon and I'll post one to. I can't believe we're so far along. Wow!!! Time is flying by.

Tonya - I just wanted to say that I'm so happy your amnio appt went well and hope you get those results soon. and big congrats on having a little girl. I'll wait until you get your 20 week confirmation and I'll update that on the EDD list.

AFM - work is busy busy busy, and I won't know for sure how many positions I'll be cutting until after Feb 2nd. For now, we're juggling all sorts of things trying to "free" up some vacancies to save as many jobs as we can. It's quite stressful, and simply heartbreaking to deal with. I'm taking it easy as much as I can, and little Mark is doing well. He's moving around a lot these days, just thumping along, which always makes me stop & smile. What a great stress reliever he is. :wub: :wub: As far as home, MIL is back, so we're also busy getting things done for and with her. She's also getting so excited about the baby, and it's going to be difficult to keep her from going overboard. :lol: DH has decided he wants to seriously look into weight loss, so we're heading to a weight watchers meeting this evening. Hopefully that program will work with him and he feels comfortable with it. Wish us luck with that!! With all this, I'm looking even more forward to getting away for a long weekend in February. I don't know if I'd mentioned it here or not, but we're heading down to Williamsburg again in Feb with some friends this time. It'll be quite chilly, but we know we'll have fun anyway. I'll just dress in more layers. It's Valentine's Day weekend and President's Day weekend to, so we have an extra day to the weekend and then we also are taking Friday off as well. I can't wait, and the relaxing & getting away will definitely be appreciated.

*Tonya* January 12th, 2010 05:27 AM

Lenore - the boys are so adorable!

Becky - I will be sure and update when I get confirmation on the sex of the baby. I can't imagine the stress you must be going through with your job. I am a worrier (not only for myself but for other people as well) and I do hope you somehow find a way to save as many jobs as you can. Oh and Weight Watchers does work if you stick with it. I have joined several times (see what I mean about sticking to it?) and I enjoyed attending the meetings and hearing everyone's stories. Good luck to him!

kimberley228 January 12th, 2010 05:40 AM

Lenore- You look great! I love the pics. I get easely burned in the sun too.

Becky- I'm sorry things are tough at work for you. I know what you mean by time flying by, it seams like yesterday you were announcing your BFP. WW is a great program. It's the one I used to loose weight. DH was doing it with me and loves it, he is even sticking to it while I'm PG. If there aren't any men in the meeting and he is uncomfortable, just talk tothe leaders and they should know what meetings there are more men attending. I plan on going back once the baby is here.

AFM- Not much new to report. I have my first u/s a week from today, and the time can't pass quickly enough. I want to see my bean!

CaseyM January 12th, 2010 09:06 AM

Hello everyone....Hope everyone is having a good week....

I'm doing a little better. My BP is lower so that's a good thing and the headaches are easing in intensity. But now we are dealing with the problems with my ankles swelling and the pain in my feet. And to make things worse, Matthew had his first round of shots yesterday and isn't doing too well with them. The poor baby....I do have some pics that we took on Sunday that I will try to post later today if I can get him comfortable enough to nap....

mum74 January 12th, 2010 01:18 PM

Casey, so glad the BP is lower. How much longer did they sign you off from work? Poor Matthew with his shots - hope he starts to feel better soon.

Kimberley, one week to go to your scan :cheer:! Hope you can keep busy so the days don't pass too slowly!!

Tonya you made me laugh with the 'I have joined several times' to Weight Watchers and the side note to sticking to it! You're right though as I guess pretty much all my friends who have used Weight Watchers join again and again :).

Good luck to your dh with WW Becky. And sorry about your stressful time at work - hopefully not too many people have to be laid off. Great that you're feeling Mark move heaps at least though to keep you smiling!! And a little holiday planned to look forward to :).

CaseyM January 12th, 2010 04:56 PM

Lenore - I have to go back this coming Monday...I'm not looking forward to it...I've gotten pretty used to being home all day with Matt....but I can't afford to be out any longer. The doc would probably have let me stay out a little longer, but with the new boss at work, I don't want too many things to change before I get back...So I'm going to spend the last few days just cuddling with Matt and printing out lots and lots of pics to put up at my desk!!!

Just_Marie January 12th, 2010 05:52 PM

This thread gets hard to follow, I read everyone's replies, but its so hard to cover all of them, and I hate missing anyone.

AFM, we bought a new acreage and take possession on Feb 28th! Now we need this house to sell by then...

CaseyM January 12th, 2010 06:24 PM

So I totally forgot to update you on Matt....He now weighs 9lbs 10oz and it 22in long....So glad that he is gaining weight...over a pound since his 1 month appt.....And he is starting to sleep longer at night...

Just_Marie January 12th, 2010 06:53 PM

Good growing Matt! My guys used to gained one pound every 10 days, they are now 33 weeks and 24lbs, lol! Nobody starves in our house!

mum74 January 13th, 2010 01:46 AM

Don't worry marie - the thread does go fast and we still want to hear updates even if you just have time to read and update on yourself! I know sometimes I read and then think I just don't have time to comment so then I don't post at all but I think we should all just not worry, and know that we're all busy and that no one will be offended when someone doesn't comment. :)

BeckyM January 13th, 2010 03:48 AM

Tonya - I too had to chuckle over the many times joining weight watchers. That sounds so much like me. We ended up having to work very late last night so didn't get home until after 7, so we're going to go to next week's meeting. We were simply too tired (mentally & physically) to attend last night. I'll keep you all posted on that.

Kimberley - I think it's wonderful your DH did WW with you and that he's continued on his own. I will probably start after little Mark gets here, as I do need to knock off some of this "fluff" I've been carrying. And now the docs know about the PCOS and insulin resistance problem hopefully I can actually lose weight. Good luck at your u/s next week!! Seeing our LOs on that screen is so amazing, and don't be surprised if you tear up. I did.

Casey - I'm so happy your BP is lower. That is a great thing!! I hope the swelling and pain eases soon for you to. Give Matt some huggies from us & I hope he feels better soon to. and yay for his weight gain!!!

Lenore - feeling Mark move is the greatest feeling. :wub: :wub: It can get uncomfortable at times, and I know that's just going to get worse, but it's still an amazing feeling. This morning it felt like he was stretching his arms out as I could feel them on both sides of my tummy. So cute.

Marie - don't feel bad if you can't respond to each person. I sometimes have time to do that, other times I just post an update. We all know how busy we all get & can understand that we don't all have time to post back to everyone. I love reading everyone's updates and just getting caught up. and Congrats on buying the new acerage!! :excited: :excited: I'll keep my crossables crossed that your current house sells quickly. I can't wait to see pics of your new acerage!!

AFM - nothing new to add today. I just love popping on and seeing all the new posts in this weekly thread. Work is busy as I've indicated, and DH is also starting up his job search again. He's not happy where he's at, it's a much longer drive for him, so we're back to active job searching again. Hopefully he'll find something better soon. Other then where I currently work, places seem to be hiring back workers again. And I've got to speak with my boss soon to start arranging some days off to start looking into day care for little Mark. I'll be taking off some time after he gets here, but will have to arrange day care after that. And many places have waiting lists, so it's best to look early. Wish me luck on that. MIL is willing to go with me as I think it's good to have another set of opinions on something this important.

With Jess - she's obviously busy, but enjoying her little princess. She tried to post the birth story the other night, but it didn't come thru. She hopes to have some time tonight to get back on JM.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

Just_Marie January 13th, 2010 11:54 AM

Okay then:) I always read the updates every week, just felt bad as above, so sometimes I didn't post-I'll be on here all the time now, lo!

I have pics on PB of the new house, but I don't know how to show you an entire album, I could just upload a few pics here tonight:)

Have a wonderful day!

mum74 January 13th, 2010 01:41 PM

We'd love to see pics of the house Marie!

Good luck on looking at daycare Becky. We have been really happy with ours. I have to admit I rode someone else's coat tails on finding it because she did an awful lot of research just before I started looking into it, and then I just checked out her top pick and really liked it!

It's not a franchise and the owner is the director so you really get the feeling she cares about the kids and obviously what happens at the centre because she has a vested interest in it.