JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC-OM Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/)
-   -   November Chitty Chat (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/2441589-november-chitty-chat.html)

MomtoKatieB November 1st, 2011 02:10 AM

November Chitty Chat

Happy First of November everyone! :smile:

Just_Marie November 1st, 2011 05:40 PM

Re: November Chitty Chat

I cannot believe its already Nov!
Totally TMI but Nov 1st last year was my lmp for my Joey:) What a wonderful surprise!

MomtoKatieB November 1st, 2011 08:08 PM

Not TMI, Marie, just another date to celebrate. Each of our LOs are blessings that should be celebrated on a daily basis.

Just_Marie November 2nd, 2011 05:27 PM

I remember circling the day on the calendar and sighing as if to say, what's the point? And then on Nov 27th I had to test before dh's Christmas party!!

MomtoKatieB November 2nd, 2011 05:45 PM

Had to share. I came in from work and this is what I found. Fortunately, I had my camera in my hand because I like 'surprise' pictures, although this time I think Mommy is the one who was surprised.

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...bf5d7e7b4c.jpg

BeckyM November 3rd, 2011 09:34 AM

:rofl: That is a great pic! I love the pics when they don't realize you're taking pics.

Hi everyone! :waves: I am finally over my cold and the ear infection that kept coming back, and other then being a total klutz walking out of daycare Tuesday and having a huge bruise & scrapes on my knee I am physically okay. Work is busy, but manageable so I hope to have more time to pop in this month.

Here's some updated pics of Mark with his latest fave toy. A friend gave us some trucks his son outgrew, and Mark would sleep with this if we let him. He's such a boy, and to me looks like a boy so why do I always get strangers asking me how old my "daughter" is?

http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...2955914e85.jpg

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...b50d44074d.jpg

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...9f87075ac1.jpg

Just_Marie November 3rd, 2011 10:38 AM

oh what gorgeous kids! I love pics in this thread!

Becky, he could be in blue from head to toe with no hair and "boy" written on a tshirt, and people who aren't paying attention will still think he's a girl--people forget to look and think before speaking sometimes;) So glad you're feeling better!

Oh Beth, a climber, look out!

we have a record, first Nov 3rd in 50years without snow yet!!

BeckyM November 4th, 2011 06:33 AM

Yay for no snow on Nov 3rd! We barely got missed by the early snowstorm Halloween weekend here. Other parts of Maryland got it, but we had rain. It surprised alot of people though and knocked out power and made alot of the northeast a mess. I was thankful to get rid of those 100 degree days, but I'm not ready for snow/ice yet. I know, I'm just too picky. ;)

Happy Friday ladies! :waves: Weekend plans?

Not much here, just getting MIL settled in more (she came back home from Greece last Friday evening), and we hope to finish organizing the garage. Also finalizing deck plans, and hope to be having a deck built soon too. :cheer: Can't wait!!! Waiting for HOA approval, and then the guy can start. I've built decks before, but this one we're having someone else do it. That 11 feet high up off the ground, we just don't want to tackle. :lol: Thanksgiving BIL & family are coming down, so we hope to have at least the garage done before then. The deck would be nice, but not likely. Maybe by Christmas.

Counting our Blessings November 4th, 2011 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone! Sorry I'm a bit late getting in here :smile:. Andy has been working around the clock working on the new house. He was laid off the week we closed, but we trust that the Lord will take care of things....and He did! Andy had almost 3 weeks off and went back to work today. It is amazing timing. He was able to gut almost everything that we needed to get out (all moldy and water damaged sheetrock, flooring, etc.). Now we are hoping to get started putting it back together. My dear FIL has done amazing things with the damaged kitchen cabinets, they look brand new! He's amazing. We were originally hoping to move in Thanksgiving but it looks like we have two more rooms in the basement to take out as a precaution, so we are now thinking January. Like everything else, we need to be flexable. We are thankful we don't have to leave this house yet, but are still praying or a buyer as we are not looking forward to having to heat two houses this winter :smile:. But we are going from 1300 sq ft to 3600 sq ft, I am beyond excited!

I had Henry in yesterday, he has grown so much!

My chunker at birth 9 lbs 14 oz and 19 1/2 inches
7 weeks later
13 lbs exactly and 23 inches!

Wowza! He is a growing boy, and for the amount he eats he should. He still eats every 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours.....he's wearing me out. But we are lovin up our littlest man. It's funny, our 2 1/2 year old boy is super tiny and only weighs 22 lbs, so he'll catch him in no time.

Wow, can I ramble! I loved the pics, can someone tell me in easy terms how to do that? I can upload to photobucket, but than can't get it to work. Tips?

Hope everyone is well!

Just_Marie November 5th, 2011 10:19 PM

I'd love to see pics of the new deck Becky!

Hi Mari! I copy the direct link in PB, then paste it into the insert image yellow square thingy in your reply-should work for you! I'd love to see new pics:)

Still no snow, yippee!

BeckyM November 7th, 2011 07:43 AM

Yay for still no snow, Marie!! :cheer:

Mari - good to "see" you sweetie!! I can't wait to see new pics of your newest little man. And hearing that you have a 2 1/2 year old tiny makes me feel better. I get comments constantly on Mark's size. He's barely 20 pounds now at 18 months. I'm glad the house is coming along, and yay for that much space!!! I hope you can get settled in there soon and the current house sells.

AFM - weekend was good, too short as always. Even with the extra hour from daylight savings time ending. ;) Mark took a good tumble on Saturday, bump on the forehead & pavement rash on his cheek down to his lip. :rolleyes: Was trying to run from slide & swing area to other side with more slides, it's slightly down hill, but he typically manages it fine. This time though, he decides to stop in mid run & pick up a leaf. Silly boy went head over heels and landed with a boom. Whimpered a little, but after a short cuddle wanted to run off again. He got quite mad with me cause I scooped him back in the stroller to take him home instead. I iced the bump, cleaned the scrapes and cuddled watching Finding Nemo together for a few minutes. He looked very impressive for church yesterday morning. ;) We went back to the tot lot yesterday after church, and he tried to do the exact same thing. DH scooped him up this time and redirected him back to the slide & swings. Silly silly boy. Garage is coming along nicely. We put a fresh coat of paint up (well DH did that), and got some new shelves put together. So now we start organizing. DH is still looking for a workbench thingy & we'll put a pegboard over it for the tools. He wants a metal frame, with a wood top but doesn't like the ones pre-made at Lowe's/Home Depot and also they are super expensive there. I'm sure he'll find something soon.

Counting our Blessings November 7th, 2011 04:14 PM

Thanks Marie, I'll give it a try! I'm off to do dinner around here, so I'll try later. Andy is busy working at the new house. It's been a tough couple of weeks doing it by myself around here day and night. Wow, I'm tired! I know he is as well, but he's coming home tonight before I'm in sleeping for a little "cuddle time". I'm ready, hehe!

Good evening to everyone!

BeckyM November 7th, 2011 06:36 PM

Enjoy your "cuddle time". ;)

Just_Marie November 7th, 2011 10:31 PM

You go Mari!

Hey Becky, dh found a metal one with cork top at Costco online a few years ago--it was on our Cdn site, but something similar might be available to you. It has a whole cabinet system

BeckyM November 8th, 2011 06:21 AM

We love Costco. They have a workbench in the store, but it's about 8 feet wide. We don't need one that big. I'll check out the online store. Thanks!!

Just_Marie November 8th, 2011 10:49 AM

oh yes, ours is at least 8' wide, hope you find something!

BeckyM November 8th, 2011 01:10 PM

We were hoping for a 4-5 ft range, maybe up to 6. Garage isn't that large, and where we have space for it isn't that big either. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

So how's everyone doing? I'm off work tomorrow but will be busy taking MIL to doc appointments. If we have time & Mark cooperates, we may actually take him in to a salon for a hair cut. I've been trimming his hair at home, but it's getting harder & harder. Any tips for me?

Just_Marie November 9th, 2011 10:57 AM

Nolan was always terrible for getting his hair cut, and the other three have always been really great about it. We literally had to restrain Nolan for his hair to be cut until he turned four. It was craziness.

MomtoKatieB November 9th, 2011 11:12 AM

Hi Ladies!
Mari~ Love cuddle time too.
Marie~ Love the siggy.
Becky~ Good luck on the haircut. Katie does not have enough to do anything with yet. It will come in eventually and I can have girly hairbows and stuff in it.
Sorry I have been lurking the past week or so, but things have been pretty hectic here. Katie is cutting her second molars so she is feeling icky (in fact we had to use the vaporizer on Saturday night). DH is still going through physcial therapy twice a week for his back. Mom is still going through cancer treatments (one every three weeks) and has her mammogram next week so I am all stressed about the three of them. Then, this morning my cousin (mother of my goddaughters) took her father to the ER thinking he had a stroke. He is the one who is raising the great nephew that no one else wanted and had a mass taken off his colon earlier this year. Anyhow, it wasn't a stroke. He has brain tumors on both sides of his brain. He goes in for an MRI tomorrow morning (first actual treatment he had had. . . stupid doctors at the Winston Salem hospital didn't do anything but take out the mass) at the local cancer center so we will know more then. I am fighting sinus issues and have been all queasy but that could be as much from the stress as the sinus stuff.
Love you all.

Counting our Blessings November 9th, 2011 01:53 PM

Ah, Beth, sending you tons of prayers and a big hug. Wow, that is a lot to deal with. Let us know what we can do for you, we may be a small group of gals, but we can sure pray for you.

Becky, our Mark, who is 4 is finally now able to sit in a chair without being restrained, but he cries through it still. I hope it goes well.

Marie, I thought our boy was the only one who hated it that much. Glad to hear Nolan is getting better with it, I hope the same for our Mark.

And yes, we did enjoy our "cuddle time" hehe. I feel like I only see him for those times at night and than he's gone again. But, it's all good. He's working full time again and working on our new place, such a blessing.

I am hoping to start working on our Christmas letter this week.......if only there were 30 hours in a day. But, God says we only need 24, so I better find the time! We are having really mild weather, today the high is 40, so for us, that's great! The kids are heading outside now to run off some energy. I wish they could give some to me.

Hope everyone is well! :smile: