JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC-OM Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/)
-   -   December Chitty Chat Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/2456784-december-chitty-chat-thread.html)

BeckyM December 2nd, 2011 07:56 AM

December Chitty Chat Thread

Hi ladies!!! :waves: only a day late starting this, but can you believe it's December already???? This year has absolutely flown by, and these next few weeks look like they'll be just as busy. I know I haven't been as active as I used to be, and do hope to be more consistently on our great board here. I'm sure new hosts will be chosen soon too, but in the meantime I was thinking that we could all pull together and help post new topics to keep the board moving.

Here are the holiday pics we had made of Mark - you'll recognize them from my new siggy but I still wanted to share the whole pics. We wanted to get family ones again, but couldn't coordinate this year. :( Maybe in the next few weeks, we'll get around to it.

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...b1c0a11233.jpg

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...81bb97ffc6.jpg

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...a06fa7e06a.jpg

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...a8fa02e3be.jpg

MomtoKatieB December 2nd, 2011 03:28 PM

Re: December Chitty Chat Thread

First off, great pics Becky! Thank you so much for sharing.
Things have been pretty crazy in my world and it just doesn't seem much like Christmas. I know I am going to have to pull things together for Katie because it is important that I try to make this as normal a Christmas as possible, no matter what is going on in the family.
I thought about not sharing this because I don't want to be the person who posts depressing stuff, but it is what is going on with me and it might explain if I seem to appear and then disappear. First off, my relationship with DH is great. Katie is wonderful and my mom seems to be doing pretty good right now. The ones with the health issues are my uncle (maternal grandfather of my goddaughters) and the paternal grandmother of my goddaughters. We have this whole big extended family thing here so our lives are pretty intertwined.
Anyhow, Harold (my uncle) is in Winston Salem in ICU (unexplained bleeding in his brain) and this afternoon they were putting in a drain and on Monday, the doctors are removing a small piece of his brain tissue for biopsy. We are pretty much on death watch because the other hospitals he has been at during the past three weeks have said there is nothing else they can do for him. Winston (aka Wake Forest Baptist Hospital) is pretty much the last option other than either Duke or Chapel Hill (which would be a six hour drive whereas Winston is only about a three hour drive). He was bad enough that they could not airlift him.
Ms. Beulah had a couple of heart attacks this week and had a heart catherization today. She should be out of the hospital early next week and her prognosis is good.
Anyhow, thanks for listening.

Just_Marie December 2nd, 2011 06:14 PM

FOA, Becky-what a handsome little man! He's is just the sweetest thing! I'm in love!

Oh Beth, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. What terrible things to have to carry around with you, we're here to dump on, what else are friends good for? Praying for good things for you:)

We put the Christmas tree and decs up today!! The kids are thrilled! They're running around singing jingle bells wearing Santa hants, I so love this!

BeckyM December 3rd, 2011 07:18 PM

Huge gigantic hugs, Beth!! I have been thinking of you alot lately and wondering how you were doing. Please dump on us as much as you need. As Marie says, that's what good friends are for. I also will keep all of you in my T&Ps. ((((hugs))))

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I'm very pleased with how they came out.

Just_Marie December 4th, 2011 11:35 AM

good morning ladies!
Joseph is 19 weeks old today, wow!

BeckyM December 4th, 2011 07:20 PM

19 weeks already??? so hard to believe. Mark hit his 19 months on Friday, also very hard to believe.

Happy Sunday ladies! :waves: Had a very enjoyable weekend with lots of family time for a change. We still have stuff that needs to be done, but decided we all needed to relax for a change. Poor little man is suffering with his teeth again, those bottom canines this time. I hope they pop soon for him. Poor little man. I'm off work tomorrow, but got tons of errands to run so probably won't have a chance to jump online. So I'll be back to see what's going on Tuesday. I hope you all had a great weekend.

Counting our Blessings December 5th, 2011 08:51 AM

Beth, lots of hugs coming your way.
Marie, Iknow Henry is growing so fast, I'm sure Joey is too!
Becky, enjoy your day off!

AFM, last night we hadto take Nathan to the ER at 10:30. I went into his room to check on them and sometime while they were playing before bed, he hit his head on the heat register :(. There was blood everywhere, on the wall, his pillow was soaked and it had dried all over his face and head and he smeared it all over the wall. It looked like a horror scene. We were told heads bleed a lot. He ended up with 4 stitches and got a hug teddy bear from the nurse :smile:. He was up twice during the night because it hurt and than I'd rock him to sleep and than Henry was up. So they have one tired Mama today. Tonight we have 4 dentist appointments and tomorrow wehave the other 4 dentist appointments. The youngest 3 don't go yet, or we'd have 3 nights in a row. In a few yyears we will though.

DH is off work again today and probably tomorrow, so that makes a week off without pay :( With the two houses, that sure stinks. Not sure how we are going to pay for them both, but trust God will provide us a way :smile:, he always does. DH is their working at the new place today. I cant' wait so share some pictures when it's done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

MomtoKatieB December 5th, 2011 04:30 PM

Our LOs are growing up so fast!

Mari~ Sorry that Nathan got hurt. Sounds like you are a busy mommy. Hope you all don't go without a paycheck after this. You are correct that God will provide though.

AFM~ First the good: I had someone think I graduated high school with their 20 year old daughter over the weekend. That made me feel awesome!
Now for the bad: The biopsy results are in for my uncle and he has advanced brain cancer that came from a skin cancer (the cells show they came from a melanoma but the doctors can't find the spot where the melanoma was). The doctors give him maybe two weeks. He will be returning to the local hospital on Thursday since nothing further can be done for him. My aunt wanted him to be brought home but the deacon from the church who was with them said "No" because at home he would not be able to eat or drink (he is getting IVs and has a feeding tube in the hospital) and none of us want him to die at home of dehydration.

Just_Marie December 5th, 2011 10:06 PM

Mari-poor Nathan! Yes, heads do like to bleed alot, poor guy!

Oh Beth, how awful for him. Your family are in my prayers

*SamF* December 6th, 2011 07:19 AM

Beth- T&P's for you and your family!!

OK Ladies, I'm going to try to be better about posting in here! I've lurked but not posted a lot- time being the biggest issue, but since I'm not hosting anywhere now it's better.
AFM, all is good. CJ will be 2 next month! Can't believe it! And baby girl is doing good, I'm beginning to feel her a little more each day.

BeckyM December 6th, 2011 08:01 AM

Mari - poor Nathan & poor Mama. I hope you're getting some rest today.

Beth - my T&Ps remain with all of you. ((((hugs))))

Sam - good to see you sweetie! Hard to believe CJ is turning 2 already. Seems like just yesterday we were all having our little ones. Also glad baby girl is doing good. I loved feeling those moves & kicks with Mark. :wub: :wub:

AFM - it's a rainy & drizzling day, and these kind of days make me so sleepy. :lol: I got alot done yesterday, and we thankfully seem to have found a tenant for the condo too. I'm waiting for employment reference to come back, but everything else (credit, criminal report, eviction/rental report) came back fine. Yay!! That makes us feel so much better. We would absolutely love to sell it, but with economy & real estate market plunging, we simply don't have the money to make up the difference between what we owe on the mortgage and what it would sell for right now. :( Maybe in a year or so. In the meantime, having it rented is a huge help. They move in on the 16th of this month, and there's only a few little things left to do there, touch up painting mainly & cleaning carpets. We can easily get that done soon and then can relax & enjoy the holiday season. Mark is so cute with decorations, we haven't decorated the house yet but everywhere else that has them he goes Oooooh & Ahhhhhh, and says pretty. It's so cute to watch. We will pull out our things this week and have tree up this coming weekend. Will also try to get a pic of him with Santa soon too. Last year he was a little peanut, and didn't cry but didn't smile either.

I can't find the pic by itself, but here's the scrap page I made with it.
http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...aae9bf7b0e.jpg

Counting our Blessings December 6th, 2011 06:51 PM

So cute Becky!

Beth, your family is in t &p's. I'm so sorry.

Sam- A Girl?! Wow, congrats! Does she have a name yet?

Marie- How did the trip go? Did you and hubby have a blast?!

Thanks for all the concerns for Nathan....he's back up running around today and enjoying his $500 stuffed teddy bear he got from the ER doctor. We'll the bear isn't $500, but our copay for the ER will probably be :smile:. Still trucking along on the house...so excited to get in, and so nervous to have two mortagages and houses to heat this winter. After we are out, we will really drop the price and pray that it sells. Okay, we'll pray hard ;)

Have a good night everyone!

Just_Marie December 6th, 2011 10:38 PM

Hi Ladies!

Sam-I didn't know you are having a girl, yay!!!

Becky-we're also stuck with a house that won't sell so we've been renting instead, the market is so cold here right now. Three years ago vacancy rate was 1% and you could sell any house within ten hours, now the vac rate is 7% and things are very slow to sell. Lots of people willing to rent for big money but can't buy. Its tough.

We had a great trip! Lots of sun, solid-sleep nights, amazing meals out where we could linger and actually have a conversation, it was heavenly! Great resort, amazing food, amazing service! MIL did awesome with the five kids! JoJo was mad at me and wouldn't make eye contact for 12 hrs, poor little toot! But I was too afraid he'd get sick down there, and I think it would really throw the other kids off if we took him. They all did great here, but I missed him sooooo much!

BeckyM December 7th, 2011 06:21 AM

Mari - glad little Nathan is feeling much better & running all over the place again. I also hope you're more rested now too. I pray your house sells quickly for you.

Marie - sounds like a great vacay!! and I'm glad MIL did so well with the kids. I hope you have time to post some pics for us too.

For me today, nothing much to report. It's a rainy soggy day. MIL is making cookies today, so the house will smell very yummy when we get home.

*SamF* December 7th, 2011 07:46 AM

Mari- Hope your house sells quickly!!! DH and I keep talking about moving, but it is on hold till the market gets better.
and baby girl is Elizabeth Louise after 2 of her great grandmothers.
Marie- sounds heavenly!! I can't wait till I can leave the kids with my parents to get even a long weekend!
AFM- nothing much here, it's COLD, but I hardly get to see the sun once I'm at work anyway.

L-SBB December 7th, 2011 01:56 PM

Becky - those pictures turned out AWESOME, Mark is such a cutie too so the photographer had a great subject to work with ;)

Beth - i'm so very sorry...lots of T&Ps for you and your family.

Marie - i can't believe Joseph is already 19 weeks old (!) where does the time go so quickly??

Mari - that's SO scary, glad Nathan is ok...heads do bleed a lot a Dr told me that once b/c i guess there's so many blood vessels so close with just bone & skin...

Sam - congrats again sweetie, you'll have so much fun with a daughter too! is CJ excited to be a big brother???

AFM...sorry i haven't been around. Savannah's birthday went great but was crazy since it was on Thanksgiving and we hosted family. Then the day after everyone left our hot water heater blew and flooded 5 rooms in the house...so i've been dealing with all the joys of plumbers, county inspectors & water damage restoration team so was completely MIA on here. Things are better, although i now need to repaint Savannah's room since the nursery took the brunt of the flood (of course...how unlucky is that?).

Otherwise everything is going fine, work is craziest for me at year end and this year is no exception. On happy/exciting news, Savannah's preschool decided and approached us this morning about moving her ahead into the transitional preschool class (from the Older Toddler class she's in) because she's far ahead developmentally from the others in her class so this move is more than 8 months ahead of their planned schedule. I'm excited b/c moving her up will now include a daily Spanish class and a daily computer lab class in addition to the daily music class she currently gets. Even though i'd like to think it's all based on her capabilities, they made me laugh by telling us they also though she'd be more comfortable in the bigger chairs in the next class up :p She's bigger than most of their 3 year olds (36 1/4", 35lbs at her 2 year appt) so I think they kind of think of her as older than she is sometimes just b/c she's so big.

Just_Marie December 7th, 2011 09:49 PM

Yay big girl Savannah!

BeckyM December 9th, 2011 07:20 AM

Sam - I love that name. :wub: :wub:

Lara - so nice to "see" you sweetie!! And yay for Savannah being such a big girl, other then the flood, I'm glad things have gone well lately. I do have to chuckle with her stats though, I was 35 inches at age 5 1/2 when I started kindergarten. :lol: A shortie back then, and still a shortie today.

Happy Friday ladies! :waves: Clumsy me decided to miss the last step leaving our condo last night, so I'm not moving too quickly today. :( Thankfully the swelling was down (after icing it for several hours) so I did make it into work today and I'm propping it up. I hope to make it all day here, and then head home. Weekend looks pretty busy, finish condo stuff, have dinner plans with friends tomorrow, Sun church, and in between it's errands, grocery shopping, laundry, try to get Mark in to see Santa and I've yet to really begin the gift shopping. I have a couple of gifts, but not even 1/2 of the list. I need to find more hours in the day . . .

Counting our Blessings December 9th, 2011 09:26 AM

Lara, good to see you!
Marie, glad you had a great time!
Sam, our 2nd daughter's middle name is Elizabeth, love it!
Becky, hope you feel better!

AFM, We are painting this weekend! I' m so excited! We picked up 24 gallons last night....that's a lot of paint. DH asks me what he gets for painting all that ;). DH has been laid off for almost 2 weeks now,and we are not sure about next week. THat sinks with one house, but with two, it really stinks. But, we'll make it through. The kids and I wrote lettersto Santa this morning, so fun!

Becky, our Sally is 5 1/2 and I just measured her nd she's 33 inches....she's a huge shortie! And she weighs only 33 lbs a well. She is finally moving into 4T. She's my munckin!

Have a great weekend Everyone!

L-SBB December 9th, 2011 09:56 AM

Becky - i am so sorry about your ankle! the worst part about doing that is good luck staying off your feet like you should when you have a toddler to chase...i hope it feels better soon!

Mari - i hope your DH is able to find work soon...i hate how the bad economy is making it so difficult for hard working people to even find work :(

You both made me laugh with those stats...Savannah is admittedly HUGE ;) she towers over even the boys in her class. At least on my side of family, we shoot up rapidly but then stop growing early too. My mom tells me when i was small the Dr projected me to be between 5'7" - 5'11" (5'9" being most likely) and i'm barely 5'8". I'm hoping Savannah squeeks in under 6'0" for the silliest of reasons - it's hard to find clothes if you're 6'0'+ :p

And an update on me...i went in for recurrent pregnancy loss testing right after Thanksgiving and all but 1 of the tests is back in. My OB honestly didn't think they'd find anything with these tests b/c I successfully carried Savannah but offered to run them anyway mostly b/c i'm 39 and not getting any younger. So imagine my (and her) surprise when they found 2 different problems in my test result...basically i'm positive for a Prothrombin 20210 Mutation (Factor II, hetero) and mildly abnormal result for Anticardiolipin Antibodies. Both of these increase risk of blood clots, miscarriage & stillbirth.

So now I'm going to an RE for consult to review the results and develop a treatment plan for next pregnancy...will likely be either baby asprin or daily Lovenox injections but I'll know more after that appt (on 12/19). I'll update you with what I find out.

The results really have shaken me...Savannah starts to seem like a miracle baby truly, and while I always assumed my losses were unavoidable (and it's possible they were and not related to having a clotting disorder) it makes me really sad to think that maybe something as simple as taking 1 stupid baby aspirin a day might have saved them both :(