JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC-OM Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/)
-   -   2013 OM Grads never ending thread! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1060-ttc-om-graduates/2611592-2013-om-grads-never-ending-thread.html)

Just_Marie January 4th, 2013 11:04 PM

2013 OM Grads never ending thread!

Since we're pretty sparse in here, can we do our updates in one continuous thread? It shouldn't be hard to keep up lol!

How is 2013 so far? What do you hope and wish for yourselves and your littles this year?

Just_Marie January 5th, 2013 11:01 AM

Re: 2013 OM Grads never ending thread!

I can start, but I might get lonely!

2013 has blown goats so fat, my bil was dx with throat cancer yesterday-he walked me down the aisle

MomtoKatieB January 5th, 2013 10:01 PM

2013 has not exactly been awesome so far. We are all jumping every time the phone rings. My aunt had a stroke a week ago on Friday and this past Friday, she was transferred to a Hospice House. The doctors stated she wouldn't last more than five days. When she passes, her granddaughter will call Dad. I was named for my Aunt Elizabeth so I have always felt a special bond with her.

Just_Marie January 7th, 2013 08:59 AM

Oh Beth, I am so sorry:( What a horrible way to start a New Year

MomtoKatieB January 7th, 2013 12:33 PM

Love the new siggy of the children. They are growing up so fast!

Just_Marie January 8th, 2013 08:06 PM

Thank you Beth-I know, in two years all four will be in big kid school! Its amazing how quickly the past 6 years have flown

BeckyM January 10th, 2013 06:08 PM

Hi ladies! I've been so neglectful lately of you ladies. :(

Beth, I'm so very sorry about your Aunt. :cry:

Marie, I'm sorry about your bil's dx. Is there anything new on this? treatment possiblities?

AFM, we've been a sickie household to end out 2012 and to start off this year. DH currently has pneumonia. He's managing pretty good, and thankfully not bedridden or high fevers. It's still exhausting managing with him being sick on top of everything else. Work is absolutely nuts for me to right now. On the good side, Mark is doing great. Talking up a storm, and is such a little guy now. Definitely no longer a baby. It's amazing to look at him and think back to over 3 years ago when we were struggling and going through so much just to get pg. A few months back, DH and I talked about trying a couple of cycles this summer. That's all we can afford to do, so maybe we'll be able to give Mark a sibling. If not, we tried. I'm starting back on my pre-natal vitamins now, and we will see the RE in a few months to start their process to. I don't know if they will need to repeat all the testing or not. DH's MFI is unfixable, so we know the route we'll do is the IUI with donor again. and beyond TTC, we're also thinking of moving. The schools aren't great where we live so we've decided to look elsewhere. The thought of moving is so exhausting, but I know it'll be worth it. So that's my story lately . . . alot of stuff going on.

Just_Marie January 10th, 2013 07:50 PM

Oh wow, Becky, so much going on! Get your sickies well, and yay for a few cycles this summer! You did iui right, how many cycles to get your bfp, I can't remember?

I've got a hoarse voice, but I think I'm on the mend now. Nobody else is sick so yay for that!

BeckyM January 11th, 2013 06:07 AM

Boo on having a hoarse voice. I hope you feel all better soon. We did 2 IUI cycles last time and got that beautiful BFP the 2nd cycle. Depending on how DH feels and also our realtor feels (who's also a friend & Mark's godfather), we may go look at some houses this weekend. Just to see what is out there in our price range. Realtor has been sick to, seems like the flu and everything else is getting really bad this season. :(

Just_Marie January 13th, 2013 05:18 PM

did you get to see houses? I love house hunting!

MomtoKatieB January 13th, 2013 06:25 PM

I was wondering about the house hunting as well. Good to see you back, Becky. Sorry Tony has been sick. :( Hope you get a BFP on your first cycle so Mark can have a sibling. Katie will be an only child which is just fine with us.
Are you feeling better, Marie? Did you have a course this weekend?
Short on hours at work but long on other stuff I am trying to get caught up on. Miss Independent starts preK this autumn (as soon as she turns 4). Of course, she has to learn to listen to directions (big challenge because the only voice she listens to anymore is her own. Three is so much more 'interesting' than two was.)
Anyhow, will try to keep up with you all better this month?
Have a great Monday!

Just_Marie January 13th, 2013 06:52 PM

Oh Beth, and four is even more exciting than three! Its all good lol!

I'm better, my voice is no longer hoarse but today I started with a hacking dry cough, I thought I was on the mend.

I went to see Les Miserables today, wow! Amazing!

BeckyM January 14th, 2013 08:25 AM

House hunting was fun on Saturday! We didn't see anything we all fell totally in love with though. Still fun. We're debating between looking at existing houses, or working with a new development and building a new one. They're about the same price wise. Schools & general neighborhood are most important to me & I love the size of our current kitchen/family room - they are cozy but large enough so we're not too crowded, so I would like those 2 rooms to be about the same size - well the kitchen could have more cabinet/storage space but I think that is everyone's dream. DH says he would like more land, but I remind him that he hates yard work. MIL sometimes says she doesn't care, other times she really wants a decent size formal living room/dining room. Mark just loves to run through empty houses and exploring.

Marie, I'm glad your voice is coming back. Boo on the dry cough. :( I've been dealing with that for weeks now, so exhausting.

Beth - PreK???? Wow, it doesn't seem possible. I'm amazed at how much fun Mark is at 2 1/2, and I look forward to the next years too.

Just_Marie January 15th, 2013 09:06 PM

Busy day ladies, be good!

MomtoKatieB January 16th, 2013 08:31 PM

Had day off work so Katie and I did the whole Mommy and Me thing. We played, fingerpainted and just had a wonderful time together. My aunt is still hanging on. Of course, Hospice only pays for five days at the Hospice House, so now they are telling her granddaughter that she will need to take responsibility for the costs since it has been almost 2 weeks since Aunt Lib was placed there. :mad: :brickwall:

Becky~ Going to live vicariously through you as you house hunt. We are pretty much where we are going to stay.

Marie~ Congrats on the anniversary of E coming home.

Hope you both have a great Thursday.

Just_Marie January 19th, 2013 04:27 PM

Hi ladies. Beth, I can't imagine how much it would cost to have hospice provided in home, prayers.

I'm an exercise machine! I"ve logged six hours of intentional exercise this week between weights, cardio and yoga! I cannot believe how much yoga's already increased my flexibility in just four days! And its a great mental time out for me, one whole hour to focus on nothing but breathing, its great

MomtoKatieB January 20th, 2013 06:59 AM

Marie~ Awesome for the intentional exercise. I need to get started on an exercise routine, but I think I will wait until I am healed up a bit.

We had a little bit of snow on Thursday night and ice underneath the snow, so when I was going to work on Friday, I slipped and fell down the steps. I have a swollen wrist, a sprained ankle, some bruises and scrapes and I ache from head to toe.
I suppose I will be wearing black most of the week. The common law widow of a maternal uncle passed away on Friday evening. He died of malnutrition and dehydration in Jan 2000. She took him out of the veteran's hospital for Christmas then didn't give him food or drink for seven days. It was too late to save him by the time he was taken back to the hospital so I am not mourning her. I am sad for my cousins (her children with my uncle) though because while she was a lousy mother, she was all the mother they had. She will be buried on Tuesday and the visitation for family and friends will be tomorrow night.
On another death related note, my darling aunt, Elizabeth, passed away at 9 am this morning. I am mourning the loss for us, but rejoicing that her suffering is over. I am worried about her family and how they will cope, but that is another post for another time.

Just_Marie January 20th, 2013 08:04 PM

Oh Beth, so much going on for you again. I'm not sure if anything hurts as much as falling on steps-take good care! And I am so sorry for your losses-that aunt sounds brutal, how horrible for her family. I'm not sure there's much worse than starving to death with possible pain depending on what he died of.

Praying for a peaceful week of healing.

Just_Marie January 22nd, 2013 07:08 PM

Hey ladies. Hope all is well and tomorrow the week is half done!

MomtoKatieB January 24th, 2013 04:40 PM

Hi ladies! Made it through the first half of the week. Healing well. DH says my bruise still looks like I had a bear smack me in the *****.
Monday night at funeral home: Deceased was wearing sweatshirt with muddy footprint on it.
Tuesday afternoon: While minister speaking about what a wonderful woman the world had lost (wonder who he was talking about, certainly not the deceased) the arrangement of flowers on the casket fell off. Think it might have been a message to the minister that lying at a funeral is still lying and that is a no-no.
Tuesday evening: At Aunt Lib's viewingl, her three youngest sons showed up drunk, carrying drinks (not Pepsi) with them and mussed her hair, with the youngest (age 50) commenting that Aunt Lib's hand was cold. . . um. . . yeah.
Wednesday morning: While at Aunt Lib's funeral, assaulted with smells of unwashed body and stale booze from three of her sons. They really, really smelled nasty. Their hair was unwashed, their clothing was dirty and it was nauseating.
Wednesday afternoon: After having a cousin from FL arrive late at the funeral which meant we were running behind schedule, my father's remaining sibling fell down the church steps. She missed a step. Did not find out she had fallen until we got to the cemetery around 2:45p and everyone was asking everyone else if they had heard anything.
Wednesday evening: Got word that my Aunt Gusty (dad's only remaining sibling), has a broken shoulder (will have to wear a sling for 3 months. . . probably since she is 82 and diabetic which makes trying to set the bone a less than brilliant idea) and a cut over her eye which has been glued closed.
So, how has everyone else been? Hope you all have had quiet, happy times this week.