JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTCAL Weight-loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1678-ttcal-weight-loss/)
-   -   Work Out Check In Sept 5 to Sept 11 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1678-ttcal-weight-loss/2408212-work-out-check-sept-5-to-sept-11-a.html)

melissalaw September 5th, 2011 10:37 AM

Work Out Check In Sept 5 to Sept 11

Hey ladies, I'm sure that noone is really working out today as it is a holiday and time for rest.

Sarah sounds like you are having a blast at the fair. All the food sounds so yummy.

It is raining here today so we are just laying around the house doing nothing. We had some yummy egg sandwiches for breakfast.

Katie I hope your holiday has been wonderful.

I'm planning on getting up tomorrow morning and getting in a workout, hopefully.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day.

pepper73 September 5th, 2011 01:14 PM

Re: Work Out Check In Sept 5 to Sept 11

Definitely no workout for me. I have a bit of fried food coma! LOL! Oh well, it's a once a year thing so I had to splurge!

I hope you all are having a fabulous holiday too!! Melissa, your egg sandwiches sound amazing!

melissalaw September 6th, 2011 05:55 AM

Sarah I hope you recover from your fried food coma today..lol. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun at the fair.

I did manage to get up this morning and workout. I did 60 minutes of kick boxing and kettlebells. it was pretty fun. Breakfast was eggs of course. I'm still feeling pretty good. A bit of nausea but not too bad.

Sarah are you done with your clomid this cycle. How are you feeling?

Hope you guys have a wonderful Tuesday.

.:Shortcake:. September 6th, 2011 09:01 AM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor day! It rained so we mostly sat around the house. Went to my parents for a cookout (indoors ;) ) and other than that was pretty lazy.

Sarah how are you doing? How's the Clomid?

Melissa I'm glad your feeling well and you got a workout in today.

pepper73 September 6th, 2011 10:32 AM

Katie, I love lazy rainy days!! It's the best excuse for a good nap!!

Melissa, I'm glad you're feeling better. You are making me feel guilty because you have so much motivation for working out. I have had zero.

The fair was a lot of fun and I am glad I was able to take full advantage of the food selections. I haven't had motivation to work out at all. I went to work this morning and now I have some housework to do. I may take a nap in a little bit.

The Clomid treated me fairly well. On the morning after my last pill I woke up and my vision was really weird but it went away within a few minutes. I also only had a couple of days where I was moody. So, I'm happy with that. I am hoping that it helps me ovulate sooner and have been doing my OPK's since CD 10 just so I don't miss it. I HATE waiting to ovulate! It's so much worse than the 2ww! It would be so nice to be one of those women with perfect and predictable cycles!

Katie, how is work today? I am thinking of you and really hope you are able to find a job you absolutely love...and soon!

melissalaw September 6th, 2011 12:06 PM

Sarah so glad that the clomid was not too bad. I'm hoping that it helps you O sooner and gets your body on a normal schedule. I've been checking your chart. Hopefully you'll get your + OPK soon.

I have my days where I'm very motivated and then my days where I have no motivation. Right now my motivation comes from my nausea. If I work out my nausea will go away, the first few minutes are really hard but after that it's great. If I don't workout out my nausea stays along time. I am reading this new book called Super Fit Mama and she says the same thing that working out will help with the morning sickness. I just hope I can stick with it. And I so hope that sometime real soon both of you guys have morning sickness and I mean that in a positive way..lol.

Katie hope your day at work is going okay.

pepper73 September 6th, 2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalaw (Post 24778362)
Sarah so glad that the clomid was not too bad. I'm hoping that it helps you O sooner and gets your body on a normal schedule. I've been checking your chart. Hopefully you'll get your + OPK soon.

I have my days where I'm very motivated and then my days where I have no motivation. Right now my motivation comes from my nausea. If I work out my nausea will go away, the first few minutes are really hard but after that it's great. If I don't workout out my nausea stays along time. I am reading this new book called Super Fit Mama and she says the same thing that working out will help with the morning sickness. I just hope I can stick with it. And I so hope that sometime real soon both of you guys have morning sickness and I mean that in a positive way..lol.

Katie hope your day at work is going okay.

Melissa, I can't wait to have morning sickness!! I get so frustrated with my pregnant friends who are constantly complaining about it. They don't even get the hint when I tell them how much I would love to have it. Oh well. What can you do?

My OPK's are getting darker so hopefully I'll get a positive tomorrow. Tomorrow is my birthday (38...makes me want to puke) so I'll definitely get some BD in and if I ovulate on Thursday, I'll be psyched. I was happy to see my CM change from creamy to watery. I am prepared to not have EWCM since I've heard Clomid can really "dry" things up down there. Luckily, I just got some Pre-Seed to help with that. Let's hope that does the trick!

I wonder if there's some correlation with endorphines from working out and staving off nausea. It would make sense.

I am making buttermilk chicken tonight for dinner! Yum!!

.:Shortcake:. September 7th, 2011 03:24 AM

Happy Birthday Sarah!! I'm glad the Clomid wasn't too bad for you and I hope you O today :)

Melissa that is awesome that it helps with your morning sickness. I'm with Sarah (the no motivation part :P )

Today it's still raining. Flooding everywhere and I still managed to pull my butt out of bed and come to work. Work sucks but got to keep pushing forward until I find something else.

melissalaw September 7th, 2011 05:33 AM

Happy Birthday Sarah!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. I hope you get a big O for your birthday. What a great birthday present that would be. We used preseed this last time and it worked for us so I hope it works for you.

No workout for me this morning. My morning sickness came on full force this morning so my motivation was gone. maybe I'll be up for a workout when I get home. I got some new workouts that I'm anxious to try so hopefuly that will give me some motivation.

The buttermilk chicken is so yummy. We had pork chops with country gravy for dinner last night which are my second favorite next to buttermilk chicken. Tonight we are having barbeque chicken.

Katie I'm so sorry that you do not enjoy your job. I've been praying that you find something new very soon that you love!!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day.

pepper73 September 7th, 2011 06:35 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies! I am totally depressed today, but I got a positive OPK so I am really happy about that. It gives me some hope!

Melissa, I'm sorry you got hit so hard with the morning sickness that you couldn't work out. Hopefully it will subside enough so you can work out and feel great later!

Katie, I'm thinking about you a lot too. I hope something turns up soon! Is there anything promising in the papers/online? The job market really sucks but there will be a gem waiting for you...I'm sure of it! I hope the flooding doesn't get too bad! Is your house safe?

I will not be working out today. There is no motivation at all! I think the most I might do is walk up the driveway to get the mail...but I also might be lazy and drive. The dogs would love the "trip"! LOL! I'm not sure yet what I'll eat, but we have tons of eggs in the fridge (they mysteriously appeared the other day...no idea where they came from!) so I'll probably have some of those for breakfast. Dinner may be leftover buttermilk chicken. It is SO good!

melissalaw September 7th, 2011 06:51 AM

Sarah I'm so sorry that birthdays are hard for you. I will be 38 in April so I can understand about getting older. it is a good thing you got a positive OPK on day 14, looks like the clomid is going to help you O sooner. Hopefully you and BF can get in alot of birthday BD!!! I so hope this is your month and you catch that eggie.

Don't get me wrong about the morning sickness. it is not fun but I actually welcome it. It's nice to feel all the symptons. Makes me think all is well. DH thinks I'm crazy for liking the morning sickness. But he just can't completely understand what I am feeling.

Wish there was something I could do to help cheer you up Sarah. I'll just be hoping that you get a special present in a few weeks.

Katie, DH found his new job online. have you looked online at all? I'll ask him for the website and I'll get it to you. Hopefully it can help you also.

pepper73 September 7th, 2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalaw (Post 24783956)
Sarah I'm so sorry that birthdays are hard for you. I will be 38 in April so I can understand about getting older. it is a good thing you got a positive OPK on day 14, looks like the clomid is going to help you O sooner. Hopefully you and BF can get in alot of birthday BD!!! I so hope this is your month and you catch that eggie.

Don't get me wrong about the morning sickness. it is not fun but I actually welcome it. It's nice to feel all the symptons. Makes me think all is well. DH thinks I'm crazy for liking the morning sickness. But he just can't completely understand what I am feeling.

Wish there was something I could do to help cheer you up Sarah. I'll just be hoping that you get a special present in a few weeks.

Katie, DH found his new job online. have you looked online at all? I'll ask him for the website and I'll get it to you. Hopefully it can help you also.

I'm ok...no need to be concerned. It just hits hard sometimes. It's the same as when AF shows every month. It's just another reminder that I'm failing at something. I am definitely ecstatic that I got my + OPK and also EWCM! I am sooooo happy that I will be Oing sooner! At least, I'd better O! Wouldn't that tick me off! I'm really not worried about that though. In all the times I've charted, I've never had an annovulatory cycle and since I've had the Clomid, I'm sure it'll be a good one. Clomid is definitely more effective than soy!

I've been passing my time this last 1/2 hour watching videos of Miska the talking Husky on YouTube. I saw her on the news last night and she is too cute! Here's a sample: Mishka the Talking Husky I can't get enough of her!

Katie, what about applying to be a photographer for the local paper or even a crime scene photographer or something like that? Even if places aren't advertising, it's worth submitting your resume...plus, you've got a great portfolio to show them.

Melissa, I definitely didn't take your comments on morning sickness as a complaint. It is so clear that you are welcoming it. It's amazing how a loss will change perspective on things like that. I am also hoping to have morning sickness. It would make me feel more like everything's ok, which is probably how you're feeling. Your poor DH! LOL! Men will NEVER get it! It's ok though...it's one of those things that makes women special. I feel very lucky to be a woman in that regard. It just goes to show how strong we are!

.:Shortcake:. September 8th, 2011 03:52 AM

Melissa I am happy your morning sickness came on :) I know that sounds bad but it must be very reassuring for you! Don't feel bad about not working out while sick. You have plenty of time!

Sarah I'm so glad you got a positive OPK! Your not far behind me :) I hope we both get our BFP's this cycle! I tried preseed this month too.

Thanks for thinking of me ladies. The flooding isn't too bad here but about an hour from here it's really bad. DH's parents & relatives are in that area and the poor animals at Zoo America had to be moved and 2 bison died :(

As far as the job goes there aren't very many jobs here right now. I've been watching the papers and online. I would love to do photography for crimes scenes but around here that is about impossible. I'll keep pushing forward and keep looking. :)

melissalaw September 8th, 2011 05:47 AM

Sarah I love Mishka the talking dog. We saw her on the news the other night also. She is too funny!! Did you get in some birthday BD? Hopefully your temp will start to increase today!!!

I did manage to get up this morning and workout. I did one of my new DVD's. It was a kettlebell circuit video. It was alot of fun. I did have to stop half way thru the video and get sick..lol.

Tonight we are having buttermilk chicken!! I can't wait. It's my favorite. I think DH is going to cook dinner also, so that will be very nice. DH has today and tomorrow off and then he starts his new job on Monday. He is so excited and I'm glad he will have a job that he doesn't dread going to.

Katie glad you guys didn't get flooded. I think it has finally stopped raining here. Our office used to flood all the time, then the city did some work to the creek near our office so it doesn't flood anymore. So glad for that. It would just flood the basement and their is nothing in the basement so it wasn't too bad.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!!!

pepper73 September 9th, 2011 02:38 AM

Hi ladies! I've been super busy so I haven't had a chance to really sit down and chat. Yesterday I went out with my best friend and we got mani/pedis and went out to lunch. It was so much fun! I love girl time! My birthday really sucked. Not only was I totally depressed anyway, but a good friend had her baby and that cut pretty deep. I am really happy for her but...well, you understand. Then I got a nasty passive aggressive email from my evil stepmonster and that never makes me happy. To top it all off, my BF ditched me for a few hours to "help" a friend and have some beers. I had a total meltdown when he got back and he did a TON of backpedaling and butt kissing. I was able to get my pre-O BD in though so in the end it worked out. My brother (he's actually my best friend's BIL & my ex-BF's brother, but we're so close we call each other brother & sister) came over for a while during the time that my BF was MIA and he got me laughing too so it wasn't all bad. He's such a sweet kid and very loyal to me and my best friend. The three of us are pretty much inseparable.

Katie, I totally hope we get our BFP's this cycle!!! If so, I'm going to write a thank you letter to the people who make Pre-seed! LOL!! When are you going to test? My doc and FF want me to test on CD 30 (the 23rd) but that will be the day after AF is due and I know myself better than to wait that long. I did get my temp jump this morning as expected so I am totally psyched!! I love the first week of the 2ww. To me, it is the most relaxing time of my cycle.

Melissa, I admire your motivation. I feel so lazy lately. It cracks me up too that whenever you mention the kettlebell, I automatically think you've written kettle corn and I can't figure out what that has to do with working out! LOL! Good luck to your DH on Monday!!

I feel like I've been so disconnected from JM lately. And the next 2 or 3 weeks, I'm filling in for the receptionist at a law firm so I'm not going to be able to be on as much. I'm going to go through major withdrawal! I also won't be able to do much, if any, working out...unless I go walking during my lunch break. I will also be in a town with fast food restaurants nearby. That is a lot of bad temptation! The town I live in doesn't have any fast food (except Subway and I'm boycotting them because they gave Michael Vick a sportsman of the year award) so I don't have that temptation at all. I will try to be good.

.:Shortcake:. September 9th, 2011 03:47 AM

Sarah I'm sorry your birthday didn't go the best. :( But yay for a pre-O BD session! WHEN we both get our BFP's this cycle I'm going to write to preseed too ;)

Melissa how are you feeling today?

No exercising for me today. My stomach is a mess (probably the stress). I plan on testing Monday (if I hold out that long :P)

pepper73 September 9th, 2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. (Post 24798538)
Sarah I'm sorry your birthday didn't go the best. :( But yay for a pre-O BD session! WHEN we both get our BFP's this cycle I'm going to write to preseed too ;)

Melissa how are you feeling today?

No exercising for me today. My stomach is a mess (probably the stress). I plan on testing Monday (if I hold out that long :P)

I love how you said "When"!! :)

I hope you feel better! Are you sick or is it because of your endo?

Melissa, what's on the menu today?

melissalaw September 9th, 2011 05:53 AM

Hey ladies. No workout for me this morning. I was firmly planted over the toilet for awhile this morning. I think I may have to try to move my workouts to the evening, not sure how much longer I can do them in the morning.

Sarah you crack me up and I love Kettle Corn. So yummy. I'm so sorry that your birthday wasn't the best but I am so glad you got in some Pre O BD. I so hope this is your month. The first week of the 2WW is always my favorite time of the month also. Before O I'm stressed trying to figure out when I O and then the second week of the 2WW I'm trying to figure out when to test. I can't wait though until it's time for you to test.

Katie so sorry your not feeling good. Could it possibly be the beginning's of morning sickness? Does your endo make you sick to your stomach? I don't know much about it. I'll be looking for your update after you test.

If all of us get our BFP's on pre-seed we are going to have to make sure that all the ladies on TTCAL use some.

Not sure what's on my menut today. I had an english muffin for breakfast. DH wants pizza tonight so we might just be bad and have some yummy pizza.

Have you guys got any big plans for the weekend?

pepper73 September 9th, 2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalaw (Post 24798920)
Hey ladies. No workout for me this morning. I was firmly planted over the toilet for awhile this morning. I think I may have to try to move my workouts to the evening, not sure how much longer I can do them in the morning.

Sarah you crack me up and I love Kettle Corn. So yummy. I'm so sorry that your birthday wasn't the best but I am so glad you got in some Pre O BD. I so hope this is your month. The first week of the 2WW is always my favorite time of the month also. Before O I'm stressed trying to figure out when I O and then the second week of the 2WW I'm trying to figure out when to test. I can't wait though until it's time for you to test.

Katie so sorry your not feeling good. Could it possibly be the beginning's of morning sickness? Does your endo make you sick to your stomach? I don't know much about it. I'll be looking for your update after you test.

If all of us get our BFP's on pre-seed we are going to have to make sure that all the ladies on TTCAL use some.

Not sure what's on my menut today. I had an english muffin for breakfast. DH wants pizza tonight so we might just be bad and have some yummy pizza.

Have you guys got any big plans for the weekend?

Melissa, I say go for it and indulge in some delicious pizza!! You're so good about eating well and working out. You can definitely have some pizza without guilt.

If Katie & I also get BFP's after using Pre-seed, then yes...I will definitely make a case on TTCAL and encourage everyone to try it!

Katie, that would be awesome if it's morning sickness!! I really hope that's it!!

melissalaw September 10th, 2011 05:32 PM

We didn't end up having pizza last night. I wanted a BLT so DH made some. They were awesome.

No workout today. I did clean the house for about 3 hours though. I was a cleaning maniac. So glad it's done though.

Sarah your chart is looking good. Looks like you O'd on Thursday. Hopefully the clomid will be the solution for you. I so hope so.

I hope you ladies are having a wonderful relaxing weekend.