JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTCAL Weight-loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1678-ttcal-weight-loss/)
-   -   Workout Check In Sept 26-Oct 2 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1678-ttcal-weight-loss/2420634-workout-check-sept-26-oct-2-a.html)

pepper73 September 26th, 2011 04:25 AM

Workout Check In Sept 26-Oct 2

YIKES!!! Is it really almost October???? Unbelievable!! Well, I figure October will be a great workout month. The weather will be cool enough that I can go for longer walks and not get overwhelmed with heat and of course fun things like pumpkin and apple picking and navigating the corn maze! I'm terrified of corn fields so I figure the added adrenaline with the corn maze will make me burn more fat. I am sure that is totally not even possible, but I can wish! :)

Katie, I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding! I'm sure you must be exhausted!! Your brother must appreciate how hard you worked and I'll bet the pictures are amazing! Did you leave your job yet?

Melissa, I'd say all day sickness is definitely a great sign! How many kids were at the church nursery? It must have been a riot! That, along with cleaning the house is definitely a good workout!!

I hope you ladies have a marvelous Monday! I am working at the law firm all day and then I'm going to my BF's daughter's track meet so it'll be a really busy day!

melissalaw September 26th, 2011 06:41 AM

Re: Workout Check In Sept 26-Oct 2

Sarah I can't believe it's almost October also. This year has just flown by. It's already time to start buying Christmas presents again. That's crazy. I love the fall. All the beautiful trees and the weather is so nice. Not too cold and not too hot.

I was sick again this morning so no workout for me. I'm planning on going home after work and doing about 30 minutes or so. I can usually get that in before it's time to make dinner so hopefully I'm not too tired.

We had about 7 kids in the nursery. It's me, DH and my grandmother that watch the kids. My grandmother just likes to be in there to hold the babies if we get any babies. We did have one baby so she had fun holding the baby the entire time. Dh and I played with the other kids. it is alot of fun but I'm glad we only have to do it once every 8 weeks.

Katie I hope you were able to get some good rest last night. I'm sure you needed it after all your hard work on your brother's wedding.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Monday.

pepper73 September 27th, 2011 05:20 AM

Melissa, your grandmother sounds so cute!! Have you told her about your pregnancy yet? She is going to be thrilled!!! Can you imagine how people manage when they have 7 or 8 kids themselves? Like Jon & Kate +8 and the Octomom. Although, I have no respect for those people because of other reasons, but I can imagine that the parenting must be exhausting.

Yesterday was crazy busy. Work and then my BF's daughter's cross country meet. There were tons of kids there! She did ok but has no idea what place she came in. Then we went out to eat and I tried fried olives (they were fabulous!) but then had a healthy steak dinner with steamed broccoli. No exercise yesterday though. I didn't have time. My best friend is trying to sucker me into trying the Body by Visalus thing. I think it's a total pyramid scheme and weight loss scam but I told her I'd buy the cheapest one month supply of their shakes just to support her. So, I'll try those shakes for a month and if I actually do lose weight, then maybe I'll buy more. Of course, if I get pregnant, I'll stop.

Melissa, did you get your workout in? Katie, how are you doing?

.:Shortcake:. September 27th, 2011 06:34 AM

Hey ladies! I can't believe that it's almost October!!! I have been doing really crappy with dieting/exercise. I have another doctors appointment Monday and I'm going to ask her about medication to help me lose weight.

Melissa I'm sorry the morning sickness is so bad! But glad baby seems to be thriving :)

Sarah how are you doing? I'm still at my same job :( But really can't complain because I need the money with the holidays coming.

melissalaw September 27th, 2011 08:24 AM

Sarah my grandmother is a mess. Yes we told her about the preg. My grandfather is an elder in the church so they have added us to the prayer list. We will take all the prayers we can get for our rainbow baby. And I don't know how parents do it with 7 or 8 kids. I can barely handle that many for a few hours can't imagine doing it every day. I've never heard of Body by Visulus but hopefully it works. i'm not sure about those shake plans. I always get hungry when I try to drink a shake for a meal and end up eating more.

No workout for me yesterday. I was just so tired. I sat down on the couch and couldn't get back up. Maybe this afternoon I'll have more motivation.

Katie glad your going to check with your doctor about weight loss medication. Hopefully she will have something for you to use that will help.

Hope you ladies have a great Tuesday.

pepper73 September 28th, 2011 05:05 AM

Melissa, I feel the same way about those shake plans. Plus, this stuff is $50 for a month's supply and they want you to do at least 3 months. I told my friend I'd only get one month's worth. There are other "plans" that cost even more. The $50 one is the cheapest. There's one that's $250 a month! I'm not going to get suckered in for more than $50. The only reason why I'm buying any at all is to help her out. Supposedly, these shakes are different than any other. I doubt it. I'm way too skeptical about this and I know that my friend is getting totally ripped off, but it's her decision.

Katie, let us know what your doctor says about the medication. I hope she can help you out.

Melissa, how's your energy level? I know what you mean about not being able to get off the couch. I ended up taking a little nap myself.

Have a wonderful Wednesday ladies!

melissalaw September 28th, 2011 06:16 AM

Sarah let me know how the shakes are. They do seem a bit expensive. $50 is not too bad but $250 is way out of my price league. When is your BF going to get his test done? Are you going to be doing any tests this cycle?

My energy level is zero..lol. All I can manage to do lately is get up and go to work and then come home, lay on the couch and then go to sleep. I should hopefully get some energy soon though. From what I read your hormones level out around week 10 or 11 so I should have more energy after that. I have my next dr. appt next Tuesday and I'm pretty nervous for that one. That is the appt last time that we found out about the mc. So I'll be praying for a nice healthy heartbeat. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Katie I hope you are doing well.

Last night we had a new shrimp fajita recipe that was awesome. It was pretty healthy also. I have to try to post it for you guys. I always love trying new recipes especially ones that taste good and are good for you.

.:Shortcake:. September 28th, 2011 07:07 AM

Hey ladies!

Sarah let me know how your shakes are! I'm not a shake person they all seem to taste chalky to me.

Melissa how are you feeling? Not too much longer and you will be out of the first trimester and hopefully then your energy levels come back :)

I'm really hoping the doctor can help me. Having PCOS and being insulin resistant sucks. No matter how much I work out or eat healthy I can't seem to drop weight.

pepper73 September 28th, 2011 03:14 PM

I agree about the shakes. They are fine if they're real milkshakes, but when they're diet "shakes" they do taste chalky and like they're full of too many chemicals or synthetic or something. I will do the $50 for the month and then stop. Apparently, they're full of vitamins and include extra vitamin supplements (or something like that) but I feel like I'm already pumping my body full of vitamins...I really don't need to load up on more.

Katie, does the PCOS make you insulin resistant? Out of curiosity, what do diabetics do in that situation? It sounds really scary to me. I'm sure your doctor will help come up with a game plan for you! What do you have going on in terms of TTC?

Melissa, I'm sure your energy will come back soon. In the meantime, don't feel guilty for relaxing. You deserve it and your body is already doing so much to help grow that baby of yours! Those shrimp fajitas sound AMAZING!!!!!

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the SA done. Since my BF is a lobsterman, he's gone from about 4-5am until 4-5pm. When we get the "sample", we have to take it directly to the doctor's office between 9am-2pm. So, I really have to just watch the weather reports and try to plan for a day when the weather is bad and he won't go on the boat. Just my luck, the next bad day will either be a weekend or right around my O time. If it's around O time, I won't get a sample. I don't want to waste it if that makes sense.

My stint at the law firm is done this week so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with my workouts next week. I'll also have time to look into getting financial aid for that MT course so I can enroll in that and get on my way toward a good work at home job. I would really like that for when I have my baby. I would really like to be able to be at home not only so I don't miss things, but also because day care is so freaking expensive!

As for my diet, this morning I was bad and skipped breakfast and for lunch I had a chicken sandwich at Burger King (another good thing about not working at the law firm is I wont' live on fast food anymore). For dinner we'll be having broiled steak and steamed broccoli. I know steak isn't the most lean, but it's great protein and iron. I'm craving red meat, so I know my body needs some iron. Hmmm...maybe I'll steam some spinach instead to give me an extra boost.

.:Shortcake:. September 28th, 2011 03:28 PM

The PCOS makes me insulin-resistant. The doctor has me on Metformin for it but that hasn't helped with the weight-loss. Diabetic people have a real hard time losing weight due to it. DH knows how much it bothers me as I used to be this tiny little thing and now I hate my body.

melissalaw September 28th, 2011 06:37 PM

Katie I'm sorry about the insulin resistance. My mother has diabetes so I know how hard it is for her to deal with it and she cannot lose weight. Hopefully your doctor can help you and you can feel good about your body. I've seen your pictures on facebook and you are beautiful both on the outside and inside.

Sarah your dinner sounds awesome. A big ole steak sounds great. We had buttermilk and some creamed spinach. Not as healthy as your spinach but it was awesome.

I have been trying to eat really healthy since I am having such a hard time working out right now. Hopefully soon I will have the energy to do it.

Sarah I hope that the next time it rains is a week day so BF can get his sample checked out. And I don't blame you for not doing it around O time. You need all those little swimmers you can get.

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful evening.

.:Shortcake:. September 28th, 2011 06:58 PM

Melissa thank you so much! :) I'm hoping me and the doctor can get a game plan.

I think your doing great as far as working out and eating well. With being sick your doing great! :)

Sarah hows your evening going?

I'm watching X-Factor with DH and it's raining again lol.

pepper73 September 29th, 2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalaw (Post 24924993)
Hopefully your doctor can help you and you can feel good about your body. I've seen your pictures on facebook and you are beautiful both on the outside and inside.

:ditto: I was thinking the same thing! And you know that your DH doesn't care about that anyway. He loves you no matter what! I think his big thing is he just wants you to be happy. Body image is such a tough thing to deal with, especially for girls and women. It is one of my biggest fears if I have a daughter. How do you keep their self esteem up high when there is so much exposure to the media and the ridiculous ideals they set? There's so much pressure on girls to live up to that certain image and it's scary. I've been there myself. I hated my breasts...like seriously hated myself because of them. My ex-husband wanted me to be happy so he bought me implants. It was a great thing and I'm so happy with them now, but it makes me so sad that I felt so horrible because I didn't look the way society thought I should, that I resorted to surgery. The weight issue is such a nasty thing too. It really is hard for women to lose weight, and then when you have a condition like PCOS that makes it even harder, the self esteem can plummet. My ex-stepsister almost died because of anorexia and it seems that girls are dieting younger and younger. It really upsets me. Sorry for my rant. I just want you to be happy with yourself and know that you are beautiful!

Melissa, I agree with Katie. You have done an amazing job working out so far. I would not have been that motivated. Listen to your body. If it's tired, let yourself rest. Plus, you are eating really well. I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday! I'm sure you must have a lot of anxiety about it, but I think it'll go great. Your baby definitely seems to be telling you he/she is here to stay! Will your DH be able to go with you again?

Well, my vegetable did not work out the way I wanted. I discovered that I didn't have enough fresh spinach to cook so I decided to go back to my original plan and have steamed broccoli. BUT, when I started cutting it up, I noticed most of it had gone bad on the inside. I had just bought it yesterday! Yuck!! So, I ended up with frozen peas. Oh well. The steak was amazing and I wolfed it down so I definitely was in need of iron.

So, I am a little frustrated today. This morning, my BF woke up and listened to the marine forecast. The winds are going to be too high today and tomorrow for him to go out on the boat. It would be a perfect opportunity for him to get a sample down to the doctor. The problem is, I have to work at the law firm both days and I'll be gone from 7:30-4:30. I am going to try to convince him to get his own sample and drive it down to the lab, but I know he won't. I will try the guilt trip route. I think that's my best bet. I'm going to say "I was hoping that you might make some effort in all of this, but I can see that it is all on my shoulders" or something like that. He does his part in terms of DTD, but that's it. When I talked to him about doing the SA, he agreed to it but said I had to help get the sample and I had to drive it to the lab. Grrrrr! I'll let you all know if he bucks up.

Katie, I want to watch X-Factor! I had it set to record last week, but then we switched satellite companies so I didn't get to watch it and forgot to set it on the new DVR! I also know that I won't be able to watch the results because of too many DVR conflicts. Is it good? I would love to watch Simon again! Is it better than Idol?

.:Shortcake:. September 29th, 2011 05:18 AM

Sarah I hope he does the SA on his own. I had to "help" DH and then take his because he was too embarrassed but hey I figure we put our bodies through enough if they want this as much as we do they need to give a little too. ;) I know what you mean about body issues. I just want to feel healthy again.

Melissa how are you feeling today? Did you get a workout in?

I will be getting groceries after work, then watching my nephews soccer game, then going home to get things ready to go hunting on Saturday. Hope you ladies have a great day!

pepper73 September 29th, 2011 06:57 AM

Katie, I was supposed to "help" & deliver too but today I saw an opportunity & decided to take it. I actually managed to convince him to do it without using a guilt trip so I'm happy. Hopefully he'll follow through. I also put a call in to my doc to see about scheduling my HSG. I totally agree with you about how we go through a ton I'd stuff to get this so there's no reason why they can't do this one little thing that they do all the time anyway. I understand it's embarrassing but I think being spread eagle in stirrups is even worse.

Have a great time at the soccer game! We're going to another of my BF's daughter's cross country meets.

Melissa, how are you feeling?

I really wish it wasn't such a pain to post on JM on my phone. It could really help my day go by faster! LOL!

melissalaw September 29th, 2011 08:49 AM

Sarah I hope that your BF does take his sample to the lab. I know it will be nice for you to know how his swimmers are doing. I'm glad that you are going ahead and getting your tests done. Hopefully all this will result in your rainbow baby. i so want that for both you and Katie and all the ladies on TTCAL.

I don't think DH will be able to make it to the dr. appt with me next Tuesday. We actually talked about your idea of me having him on speaker phone during the visit. i really won't need him except for the heartbeat check. I do believe that this one is here to stay. It just feels so different than last time and I have been really sick. I have to have a papsmear next Tuesday so i'm sure DH is happy not to be there for that..lol.

No workout for me yesterday or this morning. I have been really sick in the mornings and it takes everything I have just to shower and get to work. maybe this afternoon.

Sarah sorry about your vegetables, but your steak sounds awesome. We are having chicken fajitas tonight. I've been wanting alot of mexican lately and I'm trying to make it as healthy as possible.

Katie enjoy the soccer game and Sarah have fun at the track meet.

pepper73 September 29th, 2011 04:54 PM

He did it!! He actually did it!! I am SO proud of him!!!! We should get the results tomorrow sometime. I'm also going to be getting my HSG sometime next week. The doctor wants to do it now while I'm not on Clomid and of course, before I ovulate. By next week sometime, I should have some very concrete answers.

Melissa, it sounds like you've got yourself a little Mexican jumping bean in there! I think Mexican food can be very healthy! You can get really healthy tortillas and as long as you're careful about the condiments, it can be an awesome meal. My downfall, unfortunately, is always the cheese, guacamole, and sour cream! Speaking of which....Katie, have you gone to Taco Bell yet???? Melissa, I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy, but happy at the same time.

Katie, how are you doing? Did you have fun at the soccer game? It was raining during the track meet today, and I had to walk around the field in my heels, but it was fun.

.:Shortcake:. September 30th, 2011 06:20 AM

Melissa I know the morning sickness eases your mind but I hope that it fades away soon so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. ;)

Sarah that stinks that it rained last night. It didn't rain here. We had a good time at the soccer game. 5-6 year olds are hilarious to watch. :) That is great that DH did his deed and I hope you get good results from that and the HSG.

Tomorrow is the first day of hunting season so I will be hiking through the woods and hoping I get a deer :) I will not be around tomorrow at all unless I get service with my phone. I had a bowl of cheerios with bananas and strawberries this morning so I did good ;)

melissalaw September 30th, 2011 06:45 AM

Yea!! Sarah I'm so glad that BF did his job!!! And glad your getting the results back so quickly. Atleast that will give you an idea of what's going on. And glad your going ahead and getting your HSG done. Hopefully after these tests, the doctor can find the solution and you will get your BFP very soon.

Sarah I'm laughing at the thought of you in high heels walking in the rain..lol.

Yes DH jokes and says that we must be having a mexican baby. I too am bad about the condiments. I did buy low fat sour cream, lowfat chees and i just put plain avocado's on them instead of guacamole (although I do love guacamole, I can just eat it plan on chips, so good!!)

I am thankful for all the nausea but I am hoping that it does ease up soon. I think with DS it lasted until after the beginning of the second trimester so I should just have a few more weeks.

Katie your breakfast sounds really good. I may have to get me some cherrios with bananas and strawberries. Sounds so yummy. I hope you have a wonderful time time hunting tomorrow. Do you guys clean your deers yourself or do you take them somewhere? Venison is so good for you and such a lean meat.

No workout for me today. I'm hoping by next week I'll feel up to working out and can get back on track a little bit.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Friday. yea I'm so happy it's the weekend. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.

pepper73 September 30th, 2011 03:05 PM

Katie, your breakfast sounds AWESOME!!!! I rarely eat cereal, but that sounds so good! I hope you have a great time hunting tomorrow. Do you usually get enough venison to last you all year? I know a lot of people around here who have it in their freezers for a long time, and also have so much they give it away to their friends.

Melissa, I can't wait to see what the second trimester has in store for you! Hopefully you'll have tons of energy and won't be sick anymore....but in a good way, if that makes sense.

The nurse called me today about the HSG and said she didn't realize that it had to be done between CD 5 & CD 9. I was like "I'm CD 10 on Monday, is that close enough?" and she put me on hold, then came back & asked if I could go in today. She said she just had to check and make sure radiology could get the equipment from the OR. I made arrangements at work to shuffle around my lunch and once all that was said and done, the nurse called back and said they couldn't do it today, but that CD10 was close enough so I can get my HSG on Monday. Phew!! I am glad I don't have to wait a month. I picked up some antibiotics to take before and after the procedure and I'm all set for Monday! I still don't have my BF's results yet though. Hopefully the doctor can give them to me when I see her.