JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTCMA Heath & Fitness (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f782-ttcma-heath-and-fitness/)
-   -   What foods are you eating or avoiding? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f782-ttcma-heath-and-fitness/2643455-what-foods-you-eating-avoiding.html)

Lash April 15th, 2013 11:39 AM

What foods are you eating or avoiding?

I am currently thinking about trying the whole 30 For a month which is pretty much like Paleo. Mainly avoiding grains but definitely not low-carb because you can have your fill of fruits and vegetables. Also avoids almost all dairy

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

*Whiskey* April 15th, 2013 05:56 PM

Re: What foods are you eating or avoiding?

I love the Paleo in theory I just can't cut pasta. Even when I was heavy into CrossFit and doing Tough Mudder.. I needed the carbs. So I followed a "modified" Paleo lol.

I've cut down on soda, cut down to 1-2 cups of coffee a day. Trying to drink more water. Mostly I eat a lot of fresh vegetables and grill our meat. I don't eat anything fried, rarely eat desserts.

I dunno.. I guess I could try Paleo again.

Lash April 15th, 2013 07:47 PM

I'm finding it a bit easier since I"m trying it this time for fertility reasons and less for fitness. When I'm doing it for fitness, I seem to be really hardcore but then feel overwhelmed and burn out on it because I stress not cheating at all

*Whiskey* April 16th, 2013 05:30 AM

Ahhh yeah very good point!!

kayakr April 16th, 2013 06:38 AM

I did that diet as well when I was doing Cross fit. I could stick to the Cross fit but had a hard time sticking to that diet.

I will be trying again if I get a BFN here soon.

*JenJen* April 16th, 2013 09:11 AM

I'm doing a modified Paleo with limited amounts of dairy and grains.

*Whiskey* April 16th, 2013 06:35 PM

Ugh now I'm seriously considering starting it again lol especially since hubby is gone I'll be able to work harder on it.

Raunchero April 17th, 2013 04:25 PM

Do any of you have a good website for paleo diet to follow? All the ones I find blow

Lucy S. April 20th, 2013 12:17 AM

Being vegan I would die not eating legumes.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't.. esp lately :(

thinking of doing WW but I can't go back to actual meetings and the meetings keep me focused.
I dunno...

Frozenoj May 6th, 2013 02:25 AM

I've been trying to do a lower carb diet. I can't cut out the carbs entirely (or at least as much as I should having PCOS) but I'm doing the best I can. My current rule is meals should have at least as much protein as carbs, and no traditional desserts/candy. An equal amount of protein and carbs might not sound all that great to some of you, but it's better than eating meals composed almost entirely of carbs lol. Instead of dessert/candy if I want something sweet I'll eat fruit, Greek yogurt, or natural peanut butter with a small amount of no sugar added jam (at least a 3:1 ratio). I would kill for a star crunch right now.

*Leah* June 2nd, 2013 09:09 AM

I want to start this 30 day detox diet....it's pretty much 4 weeks of the same thing...but each week you drink a different tea.

It's no wheat, no sugar, no meat, no dairy...so pretty much no fun! (DH said that)....but you can have brown rice pasta...which I love anyhow...brown rice, quinoa, etc....and just lots of fruit in the morning and veggies, beans, etc....

The hardest part will be no dairy....I love me some cheese! But I just really feel like I need a jumpstart on a healthier diet and get out all the processed stuff out of my system.

It starts with a hot lemon water each morning, psyllium and apple pectin drink w/organic cranberry juice to clean you out and then just lots of fruit, salad, homemade vinegar & olive oil dressings etc...they say you can have meat once a week if you want. But I think I might add in beef and other organic meat, because I'm not sure I can just live on beans lol. I'm going to try to follow it ... but if I really just eat things that are more in their natural state, and ONE ingredient instead of all the preservatives and sugar (starbursts) etc....I have been eating...I think that will be good. I said goodby to my beloved diet cherry pepsi months ago...

Either way, I'll be eating healther than I have been and getting ready for my FET....

I'm going to research more on the paleo diet...I have a friend that just lost 40lbs after her daughter on it and she swears by it.

Anyways, thought I'd pop in here and chime in :)

PS if anyone wants the "30 day detox book" pm me...I got it free online as a pdf....

It also states to take this supplement "cellfood" - which I already take b/c my acupuncturist suggested it. I swear it's golden. My asthma is almost gone since i started taking it and it has so many other amazing properties as well....