JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Twentysomething Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f86-twentysomething-mommies/)
-   -   Student Mommies? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f86-twentysomething-mommies/2565562-student-mommies.html)

LJD3Tdance August 24th, 2012 09:55 PM

Student Mommies?

Anybody gone back to school themselves recently?

Gaby&Emmy'sMama August 26th, 2012 03:40 PM

Re: Student Mommies?

I'm going to be next year.. I've decided I'm going to do a Bachelor of Communications, majoring in journalism studies, and minoring in expressive arts (which is essentially creative writing, poetry, script writing)..

krismk August 28th, 2012 08:17 AM

I finished my BA in communications about 3 years ago, but am now going back to get my certifications in Computer Networking. ....change of career much!!!!

LJD3Tdance September 4th, 2012 11:51 PM

I haven't gone back to school as a student, but school just restarted as a teacher for me.

Pageturner September 8th, 2012 07:41 AM

Yes i'm working on a BS in elementary education, which is my 2nd degree, and i've got about a year and a half left. I decided to take the semester off though since i'm having a baby soon!

megs120031 October 10th, 2012 10:05 PM

i have not yet but i plan on going back this spring semester :-) i want to get my RN i am super excited to go back

MrsLat October 14th, 2012 02:14 PM

I have been a student mommy through all my pregnancies. I am on the "ten year track", if you will lol. I am hoping to graduate this year though!

Gretch024 February 1st, 2013 02:59 PM

I'm a sonography student right now. I will graduate in July of '14! Its tough, but i decided to do it when my son was very young, before i had more kiddos.

Ember Rose February 13th, 2013 08:53 PM

I'm currently working on a BA in Special Education. I'm so tired though. Didn't plan this whole school and have a baby thing well lol.

KarenL February 14th, 2013 09:10 AM

Definitely, don't let motherhood stop you from perusing your dreams!

GabesMommy12 February 24th, 2013 08:13 AM

I am a first time mom to a 7 month old boy. I taught 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade for 4 years. I am taking this year off to get my masters and be with my little man. I am attempting to squeeze a 2 year program into 1 year since I can only afford to take 1 year off. I also want to make sure to get my masters finished this year so it will be one less thing to worry about when I go back to work next year. It is a LOT of work and sometimes it's so hard to get anything done with a 7 month old who wants my constant attention. I am a single mom, so little man and I have come up with some creative ways to make it work. :smile:

mommy2aidenjames March 7th, 2013 09:29 PM

This is my third semester into the social work program. I should graduate next year with my associates.

Trish0102 March 26th, 2013 07:58 AM

I am planning to go back next year. Hope everything will turn out as planned.

fmlbulridr018 June 6th, 2013 03:22 PM

I started a second degree last fall and don't plan on stopping. I will explain to my teachers my second semester that i may need a few days as i will be having my baby. but hopefully it all goes good. I probably will take only 12 credit hours tho my second semester (spring 2014)

GamerMom June 11th, 2013 05:24 PM

I'm hopefully going to get my Bachelor of Education in two years time. My pregnancy wasn't exactly planned but my SO and I decided that it was only going to be a small delay. I'm taking one year off since my due date is in mid-July and the doctors don't think I'll be ready to attend school again by September. Unfortunately my degree is only a September start so I have to wait until September 2014 to start school back up again.

For now, I'm seeing this as a mini vacation though I'm sure it'll be anything but relaxing with a baby around. :p

LJD3Tdance June 11th, 2013 06:00 PM

I am a teacher, by the time I graduated college I had 3 kids. When I started, I had 0. Lol.

AJMac September 6th, 2013 02:38 PM

I study psychology at University. I was on my first year when I'd just had my daughter, and then on third year as I had my son.