JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Twentysomething Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f86-twentysomething-mommies/)
-   -   Are you ever lonely being a mommy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f86-twentysomething-mommies/2637525-you-ever-lonely-being-mommy.html)

amcashes March 24th, 2013 10:05 PM

Are you ever lonely being a mommy?

I am turning 26 this year and I have 4 kids and I am a stay at home mom. I am lonely and I live in a city where there is no one that I really know. So all I do is spend time with my kids and clean that kind of thing. Since I moved away from my family (I moved 1.5 hours away) even they do not want to talk to me. What can I do to fix this? I do not have the money to go join groups.

Trish0102 March 26th, 2013 07:53 AM

Re: Are you ever lonely being a mommy?

That is a normal feeling especially when you are away with your family. Instead of getting lonely, why not bond with your kids when your husband is away. You could have some activities with your kids that all of you could enjoy.

Social Halfwit March 26th, 2013 08:45 AM

I am in the same position! I have two young kids and no vehicle, so we spend a lot of time at home. Plus I have a bad social phobia.

I've found that you can meet a lot of people at the park on a decent day, especially in the late morning, when mom's with small kids are there before having to pick up older kids from school. I always see lots of moms there during nice weather.

Social Halfwit March 26th, 2013 08:46 AM

I am in the same position! I have two young kids and no vehicle, so we spend a lot of time at home. Plus I have a bad social phobia.

I've found that you can meet a lot of people at the park on a decent day, especially in the late morning, when mom's with small kids are there before having to pick up older kids from school. I always see lots of moms there during nice weather.

amcashes March 26th, 2013 11:33 AM

My town is very small and you almost never have anyone at the parks here. I was a single mom for a long time before I met my husband so we are bonded.

LJD3Tdance March 28th, 2013 11:13 AM

I know what you mean. I have worried that were I ever to be able to be a SAHM I might have this issue. I don't make friends easily. That isn't to say in a group I don't make friends, but I have a hard time finding opportunities to make friends. I don't know that I have any advice other than, one way I have made friends is through my church, do you have anything like that?

amcashes March 28th, 2013 07:24 PM

Nope

LJD3Tdance April 7th, 2013 10:47 PM

Well, is there anything you can get involved in?

XxAkikazexX April 16th, 2013 06:58 AM

I feel the same way. I live in a big city that I moved to without knowing anyone down here. I have a little one, and couldn't really connect with anyone at school. Now I work from home so I feel more trapped in my home. My kidlet is outgoing and lovely, but I am the shy one.

amcashes April 24th, 2013 07:17 PM

I am the same way.

~~MaRiE~~ April 25th, 2013 02:02 PM

Have you searched for facebook groups for mommies in you area ?