JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ... We waited for you and here you are (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2016-twinkle-twinkle-little-star-we-waited-for-you-and-here-you/)
-   -   Christian Alexander - My natural childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2016-twinkle-twinkle-little-star-we-waited-for-you-and-here-you/2712168-christian-alexander-my-natural-childbirth.html)

melissalaw March 12th, 2014 11:57 AM

Christian Alexander - My natural childbirth

I originally had an appointment with my high risk dr on Thursday Feb 13 but we were expecting a snow storm on that day and since I had been worried about Christian not growing, I called and changed the appointment to Feb. 11. When I got to the dr's office they took my blood pressure and it was very high. Higher than it had been so the dr had some PreE blood work done and when the results came back, he came back into the room and asked me if I was ready to have a baby. Of course I was terrified because my blood pressure was so high. I had never developed PreE with any of my other pregnancies. So my high risk dr calls my regular OB who agrees that I should be induced immediately. And of course I was alone at the high risk dr's office. My high risk dr told me that he believed somebody was watching over me because if I hadn't rescheduled my appointment with him it would have been cancelled because of the snow storm and things could have turned out really bad. So thankful that I hate driving in the snow and I changed my appointment.

I called my husband and I was so hysterical that I couldn't even explain what was going on. I finally managed to calm down with the help of my high risk dr and told my husband that he needed to go home get our bags and meet me at the hospital. And of course I hadn't even packed my bags yet..lol. So I left the high risk dr and drove to Labor and Deliver at the other hospital where my regular OB was. And when I got to L & D I was so happy to see my OB waiting for me. He helped calm me down and when they took my blood pressure again it was lower. I got admitted and my dr checked me and I was 3 cm dilated. So he just wanted the nurses to monitor me over night and he planned on inducing the next day.

My blood pressure continued to remain lower overnight which I was so thankful for. The morning of Feb 12 my dr came into my room at 8:35 and broke my water. He started me on a low dose of pitocin. My contractions started but were never that bad which I was thankful for because I was determined not to have an epidural since with my last delivery I developed a spinal headache from the darn thing. Around 9:45 my nurse came back in and checked me and to my surprise I was completely dilated and at that point I started feeling a strong urge to push. Well my darn dr never imagined that I would dilate that quickly so he was in surgery.

At this point a ton of nurses came into my room and got everything set up for Christian's delivery and they were still trying to get my dr in the room. They were actually telling me not to push which if you've ever had a natural childbirth you know is absolutely impossible. The nurses kept asking my husband if he was ok and at one point I screamed at them that they needed to stop worrying about him and help me..lol. I continued to scream at the nurses and I heard one of them say is there another dr anywhere that can come so that gave me great confidence..lol. I started pushing because I had no other choice I couldn't not push. My husband said that he could see Christian's hair and right at the moment my dr walked into the room I pushed one more time and out came my sweet baby boy. It was amazing to feel my entire labor and I'm so thankful that my last one was a natural labor. It was the easiest recovery I have had from my deliveries. Christian was born at 10:19 am which was less than 2 hours after my dr broke my water. he weight 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long.

He completes our family and we are so happy that he's here and healthy.

These were taken the day after he was born.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87af93d9.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5572261c.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2d2a3933.jpg

Ame C March 12th, 2014 12:14 PM

Re: Christian Alexander - My natural childbirth

He's amazing Melissa, absolutely perfect!
Oh yes, I know that uncontrollable urge to push. I had it during my natural birth with Clyde. There is no way to stop your body from pushing. It just happens. I'm so so so glad you got your natural birth and it went so well! You're a lucky momma! I don't want to think about what could have happened if you had kept your original schedule. Scary stuff!

:grats:

AnnaBonana March 12th, 2014 05:44 PM

Beautiful story! Thanks so much for sharing -- I love birth stories! And he's so cute. I can't believe one day I'll have a baby to squish too!

MrsHopeful March 12th, 2014 05:51 PM

So glad everything worked out so well for you!! He is so adorable! I can only hope my labor goes half as well, lol!

EverydayJoy March 12th, 2014 07:56 PM

Amazing! So happy that your beautiful boy made it safely into the world! I love, love the pic of you holding him. It's so precious. One thing that irks me...are nurses not allowed to catch babies, or what??? LOL seems like they always panic and say, "Don't push, wait for the doctor"! I'd be like, hey DH, get over here, cause if someone doesn't catch this baby he is going to fall on the floor! :P

cortln March 13th, 2014 05:59 AM

Love this story :) thank you for sharing. He is beautiful!!! :)

momology March 13th, 2014 07:37 AM

Oh sweet boy :heart: he is so perfect!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. You really are an inspiration to me :D

melissalaw March 13th, 2014 10:45 AM

LOL Joy. that is so true. My husband said that Christian was coming and my dr just so happened to walk in right before he came out. I was screaming at the nurses and all they kept doing is trying to get me to breathe and not push. I was like yea right, that's not happening. I'm not sure why they can't catch the baby because that is all that my dr did.

EverydayJoy March 13th, 2014 04:53 PM

That is so dumb. Maybe they need a baby-catching bucket for the inexperienced, lol!