JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   UK and Ireland Mummies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f148-uk-and-ireland-mummies/)
-   -   School-age mamas: are your kids doing anything special for end of term? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f148-uk-and-ireland-mummies/2544614-school-age-mamas-your-kids-doing-anything-special-for-end-term.html)

Carwen*Angel June 30th, 2012 06:31 AM

School-age mamas: are your kids doing anything special for end of term?

Sports Days, parties, days out or the like? Are your kids looking forward to it?

Fae*Aibell June 30th, 2012 02:29 PM

Re: School-age mamas: are your kids doing anything special for end of term?

Well our end of term was the 22nd June, they were allowed a treat in school and to wear their own clothes. Then i suppose the biggest thing was they then changed schools. We didn't tell them till the 25th so they wouldn't have dealt with the whole 'last day in this school' thing, and Jedward was on the 24th so we didn't want it to spoil that either. They spent 2 and a half hours in their new school on wednesday to get a preview of whats to come, it was that schools last day and they had lots of fun and games. They enjoyed it and Reese spoke to his teacher directly (hasn't spoken to a teacher directly since he started school and nursery which is 3 yrs ago) so that was HUGE for him. Jake was a bit hesitant about it but he liked his day, made a new friend and told us when he came out that he thought he was going to be happy there, which was so nice to hear. So a very eventful end of term, but im happy the whole transition is over and we can look forward to the summer now.

Carwen*Angel July 1st, 2012 08:51 AM

Sounds good! Wow you finish a whole month earlier than we do. Daniel's last day is 19th July.

He has Sports Day coming up this week. Haven't heard anything about something going on in the last week of term but I imagine there will be something. At my school, there's a Y6 production, leaver's assembly, church service, staff lunch, AND Sports Day over the last 2 weeks. Not so sure I will still be there for them all though. And if I am, I'm not going to be able to go to the out of school things I don't think based on my current energy levels.

Fae*Aibell July 1st, 2012 09:39 AM

I think our school hols are way too long, 9 weeks in total. Luckily for us Jake goes to college for two weeks of that and because of the autism the government grants us 40 hrs per child of home tuition in the holidays aswell so that will fill another bit of the summer for us and they really love the teacher that comes to do it.

When does Daniel go back to school then, is it later into september or the start the same as ours?

Carwen*Angel July 1st, 2012 10:24 AM

First week of Sept. He gets 6-7 weeks off.

Fae*Aibell July 1st, 2012 01:44 PM

Same as ours so, your hols are way more realistic, and are falling perfectly for your new little one to arrive while Daniel is on his holidays. He will have so much news to tell when he goes back.

Carwen*Angel July 2nd, 2012 12:08 PM

He will - I'm glad it falls so he'll get a bit of bonding time with his brother or sister before he has to go back to school.