JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   UK and Ireland Mummies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f148-uk-and-ireland-mummies/)
-   -   Birthdays and Christmas close by? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f148-uk-and-ireland-mummies/2604260-birthdays-and-christmas-close.html)

Fae*Aibell December 11th, 2012 02:58 AM

Birthdays and Christmas close by?

Anyone here have any birthdays close by Christmas?

If u do, do u make sure to celebrate them separately?

Or do u or the birthday person not mind having both combined?

PrincessLou79 December 11th, 2012 03:04 AM

Re: Birthdays and Christmas close by?

Yup, my birthday is on the 14th December. I much prefer to celebrate my birthday and Christmas separately. Although sometimes I get combined Christmas/birthday presents if there's something a little more expensive that I'd like. :)

Carwen*Angel December 11th, 2012 04:04 AM

Shaun's sister's is on 30th December, and my aunt's birthday is on 21st. They are celebrated separately. I know I wouldn't be impressed having a birthday so close to Christmas - it would just get forgotten in all the Christmas hubbub and there wouldn't be anything to look forward to the rest of the year either.

sarah* December 11th, 2012 05:29 AM

Nope x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

PrincessLou79 December 11th, 2012 06:36 AM

Quite often it's difficult to plan anything for my birthday with it being so close to Christmas. Getting a table booked to go out for a meal anywhere is almost impossible!

Fae*Aibell December 11th, 2012 01:15 PM

Amelia's birthday is on jan 4th and I make sure that she has a party that day and it's not Christmas themed. My birthday is jan 17th and growing up I would get a lot of combined pressies, these days I don't as we don't do adult Christmas presents in our immediate family as there are so many kids to buy for so the only Christmas pressie I get is from DH and he never combines them.

~~MaRiE~~ December 11th, 2012 02:02 PM

My cousins is on christmas day and when she was younger they used to celebrate it just after new year

RandomRobot December 12th, 2012 12:06 AM

we have alot of birthdays in november/ december, we always separate separatly, mines the 30th nov and I will quite often get combined presents

Jaidynsmum December 12th, 2012 03:23 AM

Mine is the 14th too :) The big 4-0 this year, but nothing spectacular is happening, can;t afford it, but I'm not big on parties (apart from kids ones) anyway so it doesn't bother me.
Elijah's birthday is the 2nd January & Rheiya's is the 25th January.
I don't mind mine being combined now, but I would have hated it as a kid and fortunately my parents never combined them. Christmas tree, decorations etc never went up until the 15th when I was at home, even now my brother has a fit if my parents put them up before then :lol:
I always make sure they are separate for the kids too, why should they have to have them combined when every other kid gets two special days a year? I've only ever did a combined present for them when they got their laptops, but even then I still had stuff for them on their birthdays anyway!