JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   UK and Ireland Mummies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f148-uk-and-ireland-mummies/)
-   -   So Quiet. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f148-uk-and-ireland-mummies/2644933-so-quiet.html)

PrincessLou79 April 22nd, 2013 05:47 AM

So Quiet.

I can't believe the last post on this board was the 12th April! I guess everyone must be really busy right now. Perhaps we should all try to come up with some ideas as to how we can get this board moving again? It'd be a shame not to keep it going.

So what has everyone been up to lately?

becca4steven April 23rd, 2013 02:35 AM

Re: So Quiet.

I have been busy with bradley has he having lots of trouble with wind atm. Xx

PrincessLou79 April 23rd, 2013 06:51 AM

Have you tried Infacol or Gripe Water? Both of those are supposed to help with wind, although I don't personally know how effective they are as I've never used them before. Are you breastfeeding?

becca4steven April 23rd, 2013 07:48 AM

Thanks I have got some infacol as the midwife said to us. I am breastfeeding and I just cnt let him get workes up before feeda as it causes the wind xx

PrincessLou79 April 23rd, 2013 08:32 PM

Hopefully the Infacol will work to help with the wind. It can be really hard work dealing with a windy baby!

sarah* April 24th, 2013 11:43 AM

what did i do yesterday? hmm.... i cant remember that far back lol

PrincessLou79 April 24th, 2013 01:06 PM

LMAO Sarah! :lol:

Carwen*Angel April 27th, 2013 12:35 PM

Becca bear in mind my Daniel preferred Infacol but Michaela prefers gripe water. So if Infacol doesn't work try the alternatives!

Between a cold, jobhunting, clearing out, Michaela being a trouble at night, and planning for my angel workshop (those of you on FB will likely have seen about it) tomorrow night, this week has just run away with me.

I keep thinking "I must come over to UK mummies and check in" - I see most of you on FB but a few not.

I agree Lou, I wish I wasn't so stretched, I'm not sure I can even realistically keep all the boards I've got at the moment though. :( Really it needs at least one host who will post at least one question a day for everyone to respond to, because that keeps it moving. I will try when I can but as you can see I'm pretty snowed under atm. I haven't been on JM much at all this week.

PrincessLou79 April 29th, 2013 11:11 AM

:dothug: Sharron, sounds like you have been really busy lately. Unfortunately I think it's the same scenario for all of us at the moment. :(

becca4steven April 30th, 2013 12:19 PM

thanks I have got something called colief started it today n seem to of worked just a pain that I have to express before a feed but its worth it. I am now on my own after he is born so dunno how it will go bein on my own. xx

Carwen*Angel May 1st, 2013 12:34 PM

Pretty much all I've done this week is job hunt. :( Boring.

PrincessLou79 May 2nd, 2013 12:29 PM

Any success with the job hunt Sharron?

Carwen*Angel May 4th, 2013 05:12 AM

Too early for success yet Lou, none of the closing dates have passed. ;)

I've been doing the groundwork - updating my CV, looking for possible ones to apply for reading the school websites, ofsted reports and person specs, been on a couple of school visits, put a couple of applications in and have another one to write next week. That in itself is a feat as you have to write a detailed, tailored letter of application addressing all the points on the person spec.

Any good luck vibes my way would certainly be appreciated!

I've given myself the long weekend off then it'll be writing that application on Tuesday, looking for some more to apply to on Wednesday...and on it goes. ;)

PrincessLou79 May 4th, 2013 07:05 AM

Sounds like a long, complicated process! Wishing you all the very best of luck. :)