JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Preg with period while on pill? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/131930-preg-period-while-pill.html)

heidi82 January 11th, 2006 10:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been on ortho-cyclen for 5 years and never had any problems. My period has always been regular as clockwork, I would take the last pill Saturday night and get my period Wednesday morning. It would be two days heavy and three days light. Last cycle my period was half a day late and only about 2/3 as heavy as usual. Also the first day was light, followed by two heavier days, then two more light days. I'd taken all my pills correctly and only had sex during the third week of the active pills (when I should be most protected - right?). Could I have gotten pregnant somehow? My breasts were very sore for a few days before my period, but that has since gone away. My lower right abdomen hurts but it might just be a pulled muscle. I'm now a couple days into my next set of active pills and today I felt slightly queasy most of the day, like I was a little seasick. This has never happened before. I was salivating more than usual and had a stale taste in my mouth. Does any of this sound like pregnancy? I would only be two weeks preg or less right now. Am I worrying too much over nothing? Please help me! Thanks in advance.

HotMama84 January 11th, 2006 10:41 PM

The way your period was might have been caused by stress. Sometimes stress messes with mine. And since you even had a period, I dont really think you are pregnant, but anything is possible. I guess the only thing you can really do is test to get your answer. Good luck!!

nat81 January 12th, 2006 06:14 AM

I would say it's not likely...but you could always test just to be sure. Good luck!

heidi82 January 12th, 2006 07:11 AM

Hi again, and thank you HotMama84 and nat81 for your answers. I probably am just stressing over nothing. I'm scared to death of a pregnancy right now b/c i'm getting married in 7 months, so this would be a terrible time to be preg. Last month I was also traveling and had a cold and a sinus infection (tho I did NOT take antibiotics, just advil, which is no prob right?). Could that sort of thing mess up a period? I think I will wait a few more days and then test, to make sure I get the right answer. And if the test comes back neg and I get my period this month that means I'm ok for sure, right? Thanks again!

P.S. Hot Mama and nat81, your children are ADORABLE!! :D

HotMama84 January 12th, 2006 11:38 AM

I had a really bad cold and ear infection that I just got over and it did mess with my AF only I got her a day early, so yes it is possible that that could mess with AF. I would test just to be safe, though. If you are not 100% satisfied with the result, I would go to your doctor and get a blood test. Good luck!!

And thank you for the compliment!:smile:

HardWorkinMomma January 12th, 2006 11:43 AM

Don't want to freak you out but I got pregnant on the pill twice, and my mom got pregnant with me and my brother on the pill. So you're never 100% safe. Stress definitely could have been the cause of the lighter period, in my opinion. If you take a home pregnancy test to ease your mind that would be more fun than going to the doctor! lol

1shortmomma January 12th, 2006 04:10 PM

The stress as well as being sick could cause your period to do strange things. I would say it is not likely that you are pregnant. However there is always a possibility. I wouldn't worry about it though. Wait until next month and see how your period is.

heidi82 January 12th, 2006 09:14 PM

Thanks again so much for your replies. This board is awesome!

HardWorkinMomma, when you were pregnant on the pill, did you get your period? If so, for how long and how did you figure out you were preg?

The only thing worrying me right now is that I've felt very mildly queasy for the last couple days, since starting the new pack of pills, and that has never happened before. It hasn't been enough to mess with my appetite though, and I haven't thrown up or had any weird cravings. Since I could've conceived as late as Jan 1, I'm going to wait another week or so to test, if I can build up the courage to do it. Wish me luck!

Mommy2Ethan January 13th, 2006 03:45 PM

i also got pregnant from ortho tri cyclin lo....i would just test if you think you are. good luck!

bcmomma January 13th, 2006 04:20 PM

I was on Yasmin

Don't fear taking the pregnancy test, I guess we're all different, but personally, I need to KNOW these things, and NOW, lol! Good luck sweetheart!

heidi82 January 13th, 2006 09:34 PM

19yroldnewmommie and bcmomma, did you continue to get your period after you got pregnant? i'm afraid to take a test, i don't know if i could even look at it after taking it. but i guess it's better to test now than wait another 3 weeks for my next period...

heidi82 January 15th, 2006 11:25 AM

Soooo... I took a pg test first thing this morning. It was the kind where there's one line to indicate the test worked, then a plus sign if you're preg and a minus if you're not. On mine the minus sign came out really strong, and I didn't see a plus sign at all, but the test line was really faint, so I'm wondering if I messed something up. It definitely did not look like a positive, but I'm wondering if the test was invalid b/c of the faint test line. Anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Mommy2Ethan January 20th, 2006 03:12 PM

i would wait a week then try again if you are unsure

* also no, i did not have my period, it completely stopeed after becoming pregnant. i didnt even have implantation bleeding

heidi82 January 24th, 2006 04:16 PM

thanks, 19yroldnewmommie. this is just a quick update. i haven't tested again but i think i'm probably not pregnant right now. i'd be 3-4 weeks along by now, and i don't have sore boobs or nausea or fatigue, which seem to be the most common three symptoms. unless the bcps are masking the preg symptoms? well anyway next week is placebo pill week so if i get my period then i know i'm ok. and if not... yikes!

*Cassie* January 25th, 2006 05:54 AM

*popping in from september ddc*

I would definately test again to make sure. I didn't get a period, but I was also on the pill and yet here I am. So it is possible...

heidi82 January 26th, 2006 07:02 PM

Thanks ecstaticmommy, but at this point I'm just going to wait for my period rather than spend money on another test. I only have a couple more days of active pills and then my period should come during the fourth day of the placebo pills. I figure there's no way I could be preg and get my period TWICE, right? Especially while taking bcps? But anyway I'll let you all know what happens... Take care and thanks so much everyone for your input.