JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   So I tested .... now I'm feeling conflicted (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/139107-so-i-tested-now-i-m-feeling-conflicted.html)

Scared January 24th, 2006 05:54 AM

Hi ladies -

Well, since posting last week, I've come to the conclusion that if I'm pregnant that I'm actually very excited about it! My exctiement about the possibility now overshadows my fear of DH leaving - because I know that I can do it with him or without him. I'd certainly do everything feasbile to make it work ... but I know that I can do it on my own if I have to. Thanks for your support and help on bringing me to that conclusion!

The symptoms have lessened but some persist. I haven't had headaches for a few days and I'm a little less moody .. but the nauseua after I eat and heartburn persist. My lower back is starting to bug me off and on and I'm still as bloated as hell. I'm still getting the little twinges in my lower abdomen - not full on cramps, just a strange sensation - and I'm still EXHAUSTED. I actually went to bed at 8:30 last night! Yet I'm sitting here at work and could fall asleep at my desk if I let myself!

Here's why I'm CONFLICTED. I tested this morning and it was negative. I'm so upset. I KNOW that I tested WAY too early though. My period should be here on the 29th or 30th - so I'm about 5-6 days before my period. The test I bought was suppossed to test 4 days before my period. I know that it's early but I just felt like I should have gotten a faint line or something if I am pregant.

My gut feeling is still SO strong that I am. I"m just feeling really upset ... maybe I should have waited. I just don't know if I should just give up the hope that I'm pregnant. (I realize how drastically different this post sounds!!!! I guess it takes something like this to show you what you really want!)

What do you guys think? IS there any chance that I might still be pregnant and got a false negative because I tested too early?

TIA

nat81 January 24th, 2006 07:39 AM

The only way to know for sure is to wait until AF is late and test again. I'm glad you came to the conlcusion that you came to and if it doesn't happen this time around, then it wasn't meant to be... then maybe you need to talk to DH and let him know what just happened and that you want to have a baby and hope that he can change his mind.

Good luck hun and keep us posted... some people on JM just read post and don't reply... while those who reply aren't always around, we're still here for ya!

pcgirl January 24th, 2006 07:47 AM

With my first daughter, I went to a local clinic and got a blood serum test done that came back negative. I argued with them because I KNEW I was pregnant. I went back later (2 weeks, I think, I can't quite remember because that was 18 yrs ago) and it came back positive...which told me what I knew all along.

Be patient...the truth will come out eventually. I know it's killing you to know for sure...it did me all those years ago and every time I have gotten pregnant. I agree with nat81.....wait until your AF is late (as hard as that may seem :smile: ) and test again.

Good luck to you...I'll be looking for you post on whether your pregnant or not. :smile:

3Xblessed January 24th, 2006 11:07 AM

Just wanted to let you know that with my unplanned little bean (seen below) I tested negative 5 times - 1 time before AF was due (like you) and the rest every couple of days while waiting. Finally the morning of the twins birthday (I knew I was gonna be drinking a beer w/friends) I tested agian and poof....it was a faint positive. I just knew something was up. Oh and I never got that beer.....

jade_jade January 24th, 2006 12:32 PM

I knew I was pregnant before my period was late, I tried testing 5 days early, and it came out negative...I tested again the very next day and it was POSITIVE!! so if you can, wait a few days and test again...I know its easier said than done...good luck!

Jade

brigitte January 24th, 2006 12:33 PM

Hey,
Well, sounds like its still too early to test. I'd wait until you're actually late for your period. If it's still negative after a week of no AF, then pop in to see your doc to test there and to discuss what the possibilities are that would cause you to have those symptoms.

Well, after reading your post, I'm praying for you that you are. It'll be so nice to have this happen to someone who so deserves it! Sounds like you'd be a great mom! Single or not!
If after all of this and you're still not pregnant, as I've said before, you should still sit and have a BIG talk with your hubby. It sounds like you really want to have this happen someday. Maybe if he knew how strongly you felt about it, he will at least be open to the idea. And if he still won't budge, you should maybe see about taking some time apart (at least to think things through and see if he's really someone you're willing to make such a big sacrafice for) or go for counselling.

I hope all works out in your favor!!! Take care sweetie! and Good luck!!! Keep us posted!!

zoey January 24th, 2006 12:34 PM

Good luck to you! :cheer:

Mommy2Ethan January 24th, 2006 02:50 PM

i would wait a little and then test..good luck! :cheer:

Scared January 26th, 2006 05:39 AM

Thanks ladies. I"ll hold off a few more days .... my AF is due this weekend - I'm thinking that I may just wait until Monday - that's my birthday (maybe that will give me more luck?) Hey, a girl can hope, right? :P

ASoldiersLuckyCharm January 26th, 2006 07:40 PM

I know that feeling because I was there. I took a test before I was late and it said Not Pregnant, but then 5 days laster came up Pregnant instantly. I was worried about what I was going to do. My bf at the time in the Army about to go to Iraq for a year. I had no clue. Part of me was excited about possible being pregnant and the other part of me was kind of sad that there was a chances I wasn't. Once I found out I was it was very scary to me. I had to tell my bf about it and we had only been togther about 9-10 months. Loved him to death but I didn't know what he would say or do. Everything worked out in the end. :-) Now I'm married and hoping my hubby will get sent home for baby's birth. God knows what he is doing he doesn't give anyone too much that they can't handel. So maybe this will work out better than you think.

*~Kellie~* January 27th, 2006 03:56 AM

I agree! Defintly wait till your period is late to test, you'll get an acurate answer then.

Good luck.