JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   What was your first clue... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/140051-what-your-first-clue.html)

nat81 January 25th, 2006 10:42 AM

I was about 3 days late and on the pill... I knew then something was wrong!

HardWorkinMomma January 25th, 2006 10:52 AM

I didn't think I would get pregnant - I was on the shot, and I was with the same person I had been with (previously) for 9 months and we didn't get pregnant then.. so when we got together and had sex for a week and a half I *definitely* didn't think I was. BUT .. when I woke up and drank his orange juice.. I KNEW I was .. because I *hate* orange juice unless I'm preggers.

pcgirl January 25th, 2006 11:38 AM

I was constantly sleepy and was always exhausted. I also started to gain weight and couldn't fit into my normal pants comfortably. My periods were always irregular so I didn't think about it the first month I missed....2nd time I missed I took a pregnancy test to "jump start" my period. Dr told me I wouldn't be able to get pregnant any more because of the Ovarians disease (PCOS).....I sure was surprised when my test came out pos.

Ella! January 25th, 2006 12:32 PM

I was sick... other than that I had no idea. I went to the dr for throwing up thinking it was the flu... instead found out that I was 3 months pregnant.

SadieCass January 25th, 2006 02:00 PM

Hehe...when I felt the baby kicking...*giggle*

ksk January 25th, 2006 02:42 PM

About a week before AF was due my nipples became extremely sensitive. My boobs are always sore before AF but my nipples only get hyper-sensitive when I'm pg.

Mom2DyJessAva January 25th, 2006 02:49 PM

i was clueless! hehe..i just thought i missed a month and id get it the next month..so in the middle of the month my breast started to hurt and my boyfriend told me to take a test and i kept saying i wasnt..even after the positive but thats how i first found out..if it wasnt for my boyfriend id still make up something to why its late :)

Mommy2Ethan January 25th, 2006 03:29 PM

i just had a weird uneasy feeling

Wisey January 25th, 2006 04:53 PM

When I had a stomach flu for a week that wouldn't go away! Also my boobs got stretch marks on them.

Telucero January 25th, 2006 08:05 PM

Three things: 1) I threw up, I NEVER throw up - seriously, it's been almost four years since I had thrown up. :confused: 2) I was going to bed as early as 7 and sleeping past 8am. :sleepy: 3) I had a glass of wine and got really sick to my stomach IMMEDIATELY! All things were definitely out of the norm for me, there was only one answer!

ashlynsmom January 26th, 2006 07:38 AM

I was on the pill so my period was like CLOCKWORK! It was about time to start and I was getting PMS BAD!!! I thought, 'Here it comes.' But it didn't. I tested the DAY BEFORE my period was due and it was +.

brigitte January 26th, 2006 11:12 AM

I was on the pill, never missed a day! But I felt this "pulling" twinge in my tummy, and I kept telling my mom and b/f I had an alien in there that was playing tricks on me! Honestly, I thought cancer was a bigger probability than pregnancy, so when I was four days late (AF was like clockwork), I thought, hmmmm...just to be on the safe side, I'll test. But I for sure thought it would be negative!
Let's just say I was right about the "alien"!!!!

irishxrose January 26th, 2006 11:17 AM

My fiance told me I was three weeks late, and then when I started to get sick when I smoked, we went and got me two pregnancy tests. And well we all know how that turned out....

ASoldiersLuckyCharm January 26th, 2006 07:30 PM

Well I knew my bf had "cum" in me a few times and I was like omg I bet I'm pregnant. Well one day I was sick to my stomach when we went to eat a Mc D . I was really hungry at the time and ordered a HUGE burger which really isn't something I do. Well I eat half of it and started to get sick.The that night his best friend was cooking dinner and I couldn't eat it without getting sick. I bought the Clear blue easy took it the next day which was a Mon. It said neagtive but I hadn't miss my period yet. I waited till that Friday when I was a day late. That test poped up faster than all get out saying Pregnant. Thats when I knew.

rachel_claire January 27th, 2006 10:08 AM

well, the whole late period thing is a big hint...but for like a week, I ate...a lot.

Cin1294 February 1st, 2006 11:54 AM

I was getting sick every morning and the smell of my perfume made me throw up so I bought a test and well we know the rest.

MirandasMommy February 1st, 2006 12:20 PM

Well, my periods have been off since November b/c I had switched from shots (where I had no period) to pills. I bled two different times in November, and in December I had a full 4 days. Well when I didn't start my period this month I didn't think anything of it, until I started having really strange cramps, my boobs were sore, and I just had a funny feeling that I was. So I took the PT and it was positive!!
Northcutt2Be

rhill4455 February 1st, 2006 02:02 PM

I am just popping in....Thought I would share with you with my last pregnancy what my first clue was. I didn't think I was pregnant. Had no signs what so ever. I have never been one to keep track of my period. My oldest daughter was about 18 months and was sitting on my lap, put her hands on my tummy and said baby! Instantly I was caught off gard by that and gently put my daughter on the floor. A bit freaked out I decided I would go test just to be sure. Sure enough the BFP showed up in the blink of an eye.

venessa04 February 1st, 2006 02:56 PM

i just had the feeling plus my boobs were really sore and they never got sore with AF

Brittany_Daile February 4th, 2006 03:40 PM

I found out because I thought I was having a heart attack!! I know it sounds weird, but I've always been really overweight, and there are a lot of heart problems in my family...one night my left arm went all numb and painful-tingly. I freaked out and went to the ER. They wanted to do an X-ray, but did a pregnancy test first to make sure it was safe. As soon as the doctor came in the room I knew what he was gonna say (Turns out I was four weeks at the time). I started crying right then, and didn't stop for three hours!!!

Had it not been for needing the X-ray, I prolly wouldn't have figured it out for months. I've never had a period without being on the pill, and I would have passed the morning sickness off as the flu. I'm sooo glad I found out when I did, though, so that I could stop drinking right away.