JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Worried about health (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/145123-worried-about-health.html)

MirandasMommy February 2nd, 2006 03:22 PM

I'm sure it's too early to even be worrying about this, but I'm afraid of two things: that I'm going to miscarry and that my baby won't be healthy when he/she is born. I just wanted to know if these feelings I'm obsessing over are normal, or if I'm out of my friggin' mind!

happymommyof1 February 2nd, 2006 07:06 PM

oohh girl, these are completely normal feelings... and sad to say, they are with you from now until the day you die... i was always fretting over every slight thing, i read tons of stuff online... stuff that scared me, dont do this... it will drive you nuts, my son is now 14 months... i still worry each and everyday about him, i am always worried he isnt getting all of his nutritional needs in, i worry about his development, growth.. you name it, im worried about it,

dont worry about feeling this way sweetie, it just shows how much you truly love your child.

Wendie February 3rd, 2006 01:05 AM

I think that worrying about your child is a normal part of being a parent. I am 38 weeks pregnant with my little boy. Its been rocky but he is doing wonderfully. Still though, if he doesn't move around enough, I start to get worried. My husband has to reach over and start playing with my belly until we see him move. I am constantly worried that something will happen. I think its just normal. I am not sure how far along you are but I remember worrying alot in the beginning. When he/she gets bigger and you can feel him or her move inside your belly, it will be much more reassurring. At least it was for me.

nat81 February 3rd, 2006 08:00 AM

Those are very normal things to worry about! I remember being worried about my DD when I was pregnant because I didn't know I was and was taking medication for an infected cold. I had also gone to a theme park and went on roller coasters :o ! But she was fine... just take you pre natal vitamins and take it easy!(((HUGS)))

MirandasMommy February 3rd, 2006 10:36 AM

Yeah I think I'm about a month pregnant, and during that month was New Year's Eve, and several other drinking nights for me, so I'm just worried I poisoned the baby since I didn't know I was preggers. Plus I smoked a pack a day all during that time, up until the day I found out I was pregnant. It's probably just first time jitters though. Thanks for the support guys!!
Northcutt2Be

jennyn February 12th, 2006 10:44 AM

when i was pg with dd, i asked my great grandma when you stop worrying so obsessivly about your children and she said she'd let me know when she found out. she never did tell me and has since passed. i wonder if she has quit worrying yet?

Ella! February 12th, 2006 10:47 AM

You think we're bad about worrying, my DH is gonna drive me INSANE. Are you okay? Tired? You feel okay? Baby okay? Hungry? Thirsty? OMG lol I love him to death but I'ma go NUTS lol. Okay I feel better from venting.

pregnantandscared February 12th, 2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

You think we're bad about worrying, my DH is gonna drive me INSANE. Are you okay? Tired? You feel okay? Baby okay? Hungry? Thirsty? OMG lol I love him to death but I'ma go NUTS lol. Okay I feel better from venting.[/b]

hey at least you have a man to ask you those. i just wish that once someone would ask me something. the only time i get that is when i first come into work (and its more of how are you then how ya feeling) i have one friend that calls so often to ask how the baby is but we usually only talk for a few min. so like i said be thatnkful and give him lots of hugs and kisses.