JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Ultrasound!!! Guess the sex!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/145592-ultrasound-guess-sex.html)

brigitte February 3rd, 2006 11:54 AM

Well as most of you know, I'm DYING to find out the sex of the baby...But we've sort of hit a brick wall for now, so in the meantime my geeky b/f has updated our ultrasound website to allow people to guess the sex! So if you're interested, please go to http://www.devosys.com/kirady/baby/index.aspx and put in your vote!!!

Thanks! Isn't my guy soooo sweet!!?? :P

proudmom3 February 3rd, 2006 12:05 PM

maybe a girl, from sono pic #11 you cant see anything between the legs...but i will keep looking...i am a mini-expert LOL

happymommyof1 February 3rd, 2006 04:32 PM

ITA about pic 11, thats what mine looked like.. but there was a big penis in betweeen the legs! yours doesnt have a penis there...

as long as we are looking at the butt and legs...

Cin1294 February 3rd, 2006 04:54 PM

Good Lord Girl. They gave you alot of pics.

I would have to say from picture #11 that it looks like a girl to me.

Just curious why won't they tell you the sex?

Mom2DyJessAva February 3rd, 2006 05:32 PM

hope you find out soon on the sex of your baby! when you no for sure...let us all no :smile:

brigitte February 4th, 2006 09:49 AM

Hey Cynthia,
They won't tell me because apparently it's their policy. Some people were having abortions because they didn't like the sex of the baby. Way to go morons! Ruin it for the rest of us! Well, the place I went is a french/catholic hospital, that's why they were so adament about not telling, but I've been fighting to get a second u/s at the other hospital where they do tell the sex. So far no luck, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies all!!! The more people we see vote on that website the more excited we get!!!

sweet.hun February 4th, 2006 02:15 PM

That's such a stupid reason for not letting you guys know the sex of the baby! Ugggh, I hate people sometimes. But, by pic 11...it looks like a girl. But let me ask you something, what is your intuition telling you? Mine is telling me that mine is a girl, but I've got a bit longer to go.

You could always try to go to a hospital to just say that your having some contractions...maybe they could give you an US then?

Tanya G February 4th, 2006 08:04 PM

hi there, are you in quebec? you mentioned a french catholic hospital so i was just wondering. I am in Sherbrooke PQ and they told me no problem at my hospital. I had a boy and it was VERY clear by the ultrasound, I'm thinking you are having a boy by picture 12 but i cant really tell if i am seeing anything right. it looks like you have alittle thumb sucker how cute!! my little boy is only 4 months old and he just started sucking his thumb recently, i think its actually pretty rare in utero, i think thats adorable.

and I cant believe ppl were having abortions based on the sex of the baby! these things are never 100% they could have aborted what they actually wanted in the end. geez sounds just as bad as throwing little girls in the ditches in china(and im not even anti-abortion!)

brigitte February 5th, 2006 01:17 PM

Hi Tanya,
No, not in quebec, I'm in Winnipeg. Our St-Boniface Hospital is in the french area of the city and is very very catholic. In fact, one of the OBGYN who works out of that hospital wouldn't take one of my friends as a patient because she had had an abortion when she was 14 because she raped. Can you believe that??!!!

Well whatever, I'm still determined to find out the sex!! My intuition has been telling me a girl since the very first day I found out I was pregnant. 95% of the clothes that was given to us from others who have had kids are girl clothes...And I always have dreams that it's a girl. So who knows! We'll just have to see if the medical people in Winnipeg can pull through for me and get me in for another u/s!!!

So living in Quebec, are you French? My b/f is from Montreal (born and rasied) and we're both french. And congrats on your boy!!! I know what you mean my pic 12 too...I can't seem to figure out what that is exactly! If I could only figure out the angle of the baby in that picture I'd maybe be able to figure it out, but it's so abstract, that I can't tell the baby's elbow from its butt in this one!!

Take care! And thanks for the reply!

Tanya G February 5th, 2006 04:44 PM

hi. even though i am born and raised in Quebec, I am actually first language English. I can speak french, but really I am not very good and have a pretty noticeable accent and my vocab is way off. I try though. Obviously it is essential to speak it when you live here, but unfortunately I grew up in an english town so I didnt really learn french till about 6 years ago.
I guess there arent any catholic hospitals around here because they idea of a doctor not taking a patient for any moral reasons like that is rather inheard of to me.
are you hoping for a girl? I didnt have any intuition with my son, but i kept accidentally calling "It" him, so maybe deep down I did and just didnt realise hehe. by the way your preggo belly is very cute:) I miss being preggo.

momie2006 February 5th, 2006 05:20 PM

Hi, I'm from New Orleans in Louisiana. My best friend is an ultrasound tech and she scanned me and told me at 15 weeks that I was having a girl and she was right. They say if the genitals look like 3 lines on top of wach other or a "hamburger' then it's a girl...if it looks like a turtle or you see something in between the legs then it's a boy. There is a big issue though because if you don't "see" anything then people automatically assume it's a girl...it's not true...you need to see the 3 lines .....it's like the creases in a woman...understand? I know it's a little graphic! :)lol Looks like to me though that it's a girl...Let us know!

shanaypooh1985 February 6th, 2006 12:50 AM

It looks like a girl to me. I've seen quite a few boy U/S in my family so I always see the little winky, yours does not seem to have one.

I wish they could tell you the sex up in Canada. Some hospitals will tell you, you just have to be past the abortion stage. I found out here in BC it's 24 weeks so as long as your past that they'll tell you. If and when I do get PG I will die if I dont find out... so just keep pushing your luck and maybe they'll tell you. My best friend when she had her daughter she asked the nurse when the doctor left if she wouldnt mind giving her a hint, say maybe calling it him or a her and future appontments... the nurse did just that.

brigitte February 6th, 2006 07:18 AM

Hey Momie2006,
Hmmmmm So your best friend is an u/s tech, huhn??? hehehe...Any chance she could take a look at the pics and give her professional guess? If so, on the website to vote, in the spot where you have to put your name, she could put Ultrasound Tech...That way I'll know who she is and what she thinks on professional level....
Hehehe...I'm so DYING TO KNOW!! I can't take this anymore!!! I read what you wrote, then went back and looked at all the pics, and in the pic titled Pic#1, looks to me like a definate "hamburger" (top left of the pic), but then I tried making sense of the baby's position going by that, and I couldn't figure it out...so I'm sort of thinking that it wasn't really the "hamburger".
Well if you could have her just take a look, that would be sooooo great if she wouldn't mind (But I know it sucks to work all day, then come home and work some more!!! I used to be a hairstylist, so I know all about that!!!).
Thanks for the reply! Oh and also, my mom just came back from Lafayette, LA, and she hasn't stopped raving about the awesome food! She's going to be making us some seafood gumbo in the next week or so!! Any suggestions on what to make along with it?

momie2006 February 6th, 2006 09:59 AM

Hey Brigitte,
How Crazy!!!! I'm a hairdresser too..... I own my own shop here in New Orleans Called Up'Sa Daisy.

I will definitly tell my friend about this site so she can tell what she thinks. You know I'm 19 weeks along right now and having a girl. That is so weird that they will not tell you....come down here and they will :) Hey..if it makes you feel better..I think ever girl that is a hairdresser should have a girl!!!! I think were asking for it though...lol
My ulrasound pics look very similar to yours and mine were done at 15 weeks and 18 weeks. You know they say little girls in the womb are very swollen and are still developing so I had someone who didn't know what I was having, look at my ultrasound pic and say it's a boy huh? She wasn't a professional but that just goes to show you that sometimes the little girls' look like a boy....but let me assure you I went nuts after she said that because I kept thinking..."What if it is a boy?" That's when my friend looked at 18 weeks and said no way! This is a girl 100%. She said at 18 weeks and so on... When did you get yours?????? She said unless the penis is hiding..which is rare..a penis is not just going to grow at 18 weeks....it would have been there a long time ago. By the way...your belly looks very similar to mine! Are your breasts like huge???? My doc told me from the very beginning that if you have a girl... her estrogen comes through you and makes them huge!!!! Everyone gets big, but If you look at a women having a girl...watch out!lol Sorry this is long, but write back...love to talk to you more:) I'll tell you about this New Orleans food! Lafayatte is nothing:)!!!!

brigitte February 6th, 2006 01:32 PM

Hey Momie2006,
Thanks so much for having her take a look. Like I said, I'm just dying to know!! I completely agree about women hairstylists needing at least one daughter! It's our right! I can just see it now! Me and little "Fiona", in the washroom, me doing her hair for her first big date!! hehe!
Yes actually, the boobs have gotten ABSOLUTELY HUGE!! I was a small c-cup before, and now can't even fit into a D-cup! My sister got me this really sexy bra for x-mas that's a D-cup, and a week later, I was busting out of it. Now I'm stuck wearing these hidious ones from the maternity store that are stretchy. And sadly, I have found my first little stretch marks on my boobies!! Not on the tummy yet, thank god!
How nuts you're a hairstylist!! Well for sure if ever I go down to New Orleans, I'll pop in for cut, color and hilites. I soooo badly need it right now! But I am all the way out in Canada right now, so I can't say for sure when I'd be able to come down ^_^ .
So do you have any names picked out for your little girl yet? I got my u/s at 20 weeks so for sure the genitals are there! I totally understand what you meant about "what if it's a boy!!" . I'm so nervous about having a boy because I know nothing about them! I've never even babysat a little boy! Always girls! And girls always love me because I'm a true girlie girl at heart! I always play along about boys having cooties, and I always do their hair and makeup, let them play dress up in my wardrobe...They're just toooooo much fun! But a boy! OMG! What would I do with a boy?! lol Play trucks? Play war? I mean, I have no idea how ! I know if it's a boy, I'll most definately learn, and I would never be disappointed or upset that it's a boy, but I would just be nervous.
Anyhoo, sorry about the long reply! Email me anytime! btaillefer101@hotmail.com I'm always looking for more pregnant women to chit chat with and my mom would love love love some recipes!

Ella! February 6th, 2006 03:18 PM

Okay well my sister is an ultrasound technician and she said if there are 3 little lines it means ur baby is a girl if its one little thing its a boy... she looked at your website and she thinks girl. So we'll see. Good luck!

brigitte February 6th, 2006 03:46 PM

AH!! Ella!! Are you serious!!!?? Did she say why she thought that (like which picture and what part of the picture makes her think that)????????
OMG!!! k...I have to calm down...I know it's not 100% certain but....OMG!! Please please please respond back with some details!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE!!!

momie2006 February 6th, 2006 03:56 PM

Hey.... My friend was over here and she took a look and she said girl. !!!!!!!!!! Now she did say that she wished you had a couple more pics though.... but the ones she saw she guessed girl because of the 3 lines. You need to march in that doctors office and demand that they tell you ...Lol ha-ha!!!!!

brigitte February 6th, 2006 04:10 PM

Hey !!!!
OK, so did she also tell you which of the pics had the 3 lines? THIS IS SOOOOO EXCITING! I know it's not for sure 100%, but I'm just soooo having a feeling it's a girl, and seems like everyone is confirming it! I'm so excited!!!!
Thanks a million!! EEEEEEE!!!!

Ella! February 6th, 2006 05:15 PM

I think it was number 11? My computer is being dumb and wont let me access the site again.. but its the one where you can see the legs. When you look, look for 3 lines like this lll, that means girl. If you just see one little bump it means boy. Thats what she said. Good luck!