JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Let's talk CRAVINGS!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/146730-let-s-talk-cravings.html)

Telucero February 5th, 2006 06:33 PM

Ok, so pre-pregnancy I was extremely health conscious with my eating habits and now, I can't stop myself. I have eating about twelve cheeseburgers, half a cake, ice cream, and more than my fair share of french fries :blink:, all in less than a week! What am I doing, I hate cake! Never before I was pregnant did I go out and just buy a cake to devour, or french fries!!! I realize that I am pregnant, but, oh my god, is there a point when I might just pop!?!? On the other hand, at least its all guilt free! (for the most part...) What is everyone else craving?

JuneBug2006 February 5th, 2006 06:47 PM

I hate quite a bit of a mini McCains Deep and Delicious chocolate cake the other day......

My cravings have been pretty minimal lately...... Pretty much just fruit and healthy things!

brigitte February 6th, 2006 06:29 AM

Hmmmm well definately MILK MILK MILK!!! Then there's hotdogs with lots of onions, chocolate chip cookies, and pistaccio iced cream which I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE so that craving keeps going unanswered!!! But I got me some mint chocolate chip iced cream for now, and that's super yummy!!!

The other day, I woke up at 8am, had about 5-6 crepes, then at about 11am, was starving somehow, so I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. Ate that, but somehow was even more hungy then before the sandwich, so I heated up some left over jasmine rice (like, a full supper portion...I'm talking full plate size!!), made myself a stir-fry to put on top of the rice...and devoured that! Then I had some cookies (5 of them) and was still hungry so I had a big bowl of iced cream!
Then my best friends bacholette party was that night, so at 6pm, after eating all of that already, I went to her place and ate about 4 slices of pizza. BIG SLICES!!!
Then I go to bed after I get home at about 2am and made myself eggs and toast!! What's wrong with me!!! lol
Well, the doc is pleased with my weight gain, as I've finally, after losing 10 at the begining, and somehow not being able to put the weight back on for months, am back to my original weight before I was preggers!! So 120lbs again! But judging by my eating habits lately,...I'll probably be shooting past that in NO TIME!!! I'll be the big fat cow who ate your house! Watch for me, I'll be on the news!!! jk!

Mom2DyJessAva February 6th, 2006 06:48 AM

i dont have many cravings very often for a couple of days it was watermelon!! mmmm..hehe then it was candy ...now i dont have any hehe :smile:

Mommy2Ethan February 6th, 2006 06:55 AM

i could not stand the thpught of icecream lik until week 27 now i cannot get enough!....all i wanted in the beginningwas gingerale and ramen noodles lol...now everythings kinda blah except ice cream!

pcgirl February 6th, 2006 07:34 AM

I was on a grapefruit kick for awhile but that has gone away. I absolutely love Whoppers from Burger King (was not a big fast food fan pre-pregnancy) but I can't eat those right now because of the gestational diabetes.

I've been eating very heathly...but so far I'm only eating to keep me and the baby heathly as I can't afford (with gestational diabetes) to give in to some of the really great cravings (like ice cream and donuts).

I plan on going on an eating binge after the baby's born, hehehe (but just for a day or two).

I don't understand how some women can get non-food cravings. When my mother was pregnant with my little sister, she would crave cigarrette ashes (I know, gross). She kept wanting to lick her finger and dip it into the ashtray. It was such a strong craving that my dad, sister, and I had to hide all of the ashtrays. My little sister (well, she's 30 now) is an intelligent, beautiful person, so thankfully the craving didn't harm her.

Ella! February 6th, 2006 02:10 PM

WATERMELON.... and pineapple, and kiwi, and green grapes.. and... wait I think the list has ended whohoo lol. No wait... PINK LEMONADE. yummmy... yay for the makers of pink lemonade :cheer:

momie2006 February 6th, 2006 02:47 PM

Hey....
I know this is weird, but I LOVE pickled Okra!!!! Or pickles.... I also love ice cream.... vanilla with bananas. I hate chicken though... I use to love it. I really like orange juice too!!! :wub:

brigitte February 6th, 2006 03:07 PM

OMG Momie2006..I swear you and I are having the same baby!!! I HATE chicken now too, but it used to be the only kind of meat I would eat! Just the texture, and smell....urgh! Isn't that funny?

momie2006 February 6th, 2006 05:35 PM

Yeah, that's crazy!!!! It just taste so bland to me.....and you know here in New Orleans, we always have some sort of spice!!!! You know those sour straws....there candy??? I can eat like 3 packs of those. Any type of sour candy or salty popcorn......wow...I better be careful!!lol I have a feeling I won't be able to fit in my shoes because of my swollen feet! ha-ha

Telucero February 6th, 2006 09:17 PM

Mommie2006 and Brigitte!!!
"I hate chicken though... I use to love it. I really like orange juice too!!! :wub:"
[/quote]
I thought food cravings were specific to the individual, but seriously, I used to eat so much chicken before and now I cant even stand to look at it! When I smell it cooking it makes me sooooo nauseous. Thats too weird. I'd rather wait two hours to eat now, than touch chicken.

And the Orange Juice thing, yeah, its the first thing I think in the morning and when I wake up at 2, and 4 am. I'm only 16 wks, does it get any worse?

Cyndee February 6th, 2006 10:22 PM

Oh my.. sweets and more sweets.. This baby is going to be born with a sugar high... That is what I am craving.. I mean I still eat healthy.. But I eat my share of sweets.. I wasn't like this with the boys... I actually go sick when I ate anything sweet with them..

rachel_claire February 7th, 2006 04:10 PM

mmm...this weeks craving is strawberies and cream instant oatmeal! mmm it's soo good and not that bad for me so it's like a win-win situation!!! And yes, I also bought an entire cake and devoured it in a week. But it was a german chocolate torte cake!! How could any pregnant woman resist that?!?! :P