JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   What makes you SICK that didnt before you were pg?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/148126-what-makes-you-sick-didnt-before-you-were-pg.html)

Ella! February 7th, 2006 05:33 PM

I posted this in the July ddc and I got a lot of response... so let's try it here. What makes you totally gag now that you're pregnant that never used to bother you before? For me it's dirty dishes in the sick... the smell sends me running, the smell of the dishwasher cleaning (old warm soapy smell), and the WORST one... my DH's shampoo that smells like strawberries and creme and his bodywash.. I'm cringing just thinking about it!!!! EWWW

happymommyof1 February 7th, 2006 05:38 PM

well, im not PG anymore.. but i just NOW got over my aversion, 14 months after my son was born...

chinese food.... i loved it, loved it LOVED IT before i got PG , but from the moment i had my BFP, i couldnt be near it... it still hung with me until recently... i was scared id never want it again!!!

my poor DH he loves it and had to say good bye to his beloved sweet and sour chicken until now...

brigitte February 7th, 2006 06:06 PM

Chicken....EEEEWWWWW!!! Just the thought of it makes me want to gag!! The smell, texture, look of it...BARF!!! I also hate garbage...I haven't taken out the garbage since I found out I was preggers. I also hate the smell of the fridge...just all that food smell all together, puke!

lilmamaw2 February 7th, 2006 06:54 PM

well all of my Victorria's Secret parfum which is such a bummer cuz i love my Victoria and i'm going crazy without it as for food any thing sweet salty or bitter and any fast food the only foods i can handle is the sit down resteruant food like Red Lobster Outback AppleBees Olive Garden thoes are a few of my fav.s right now!!

Cyndee February 7th, 2006 07:35 PM

Eggs.. Did it for me with Braxton and this baby.. Raw or cooking... And body odor.. I walked by a man in Walmart the other day and about gagged..... Bananas was another thing that made me gag with Braxton... And he will not touch them

Telucero February 7th, 2006 09:17 PM

For me, it's mostly anything with a strong odor. As far as eating, chicken, pizza, mexican food (which I used to eat like three or four times a week), and tuna fish salad, and coffee :o - this is the true shocker for me, I used to be a four cup a day person! This hormone thing is out of control.

needsomesleep February 8th, 2006 10:49 AM

for me the only thing that makes my stomach turn is meat. its funny though because if it doesnt look or smell like meat i am fine (for example, i am fine with mongolian beef and the meat they put in potstickers and what not.) geese talking about pot stickers is making me hungry. i wish i could have some right now :P

brigitte February 8th, 2006 12:36 PM

I also want to add to my list: Some people I work with. I work in a cubicle-type place, and the people on the team that sits right beside my team actually makes me sick!! There's this stupid fat cow that sits litterally on the other side of the cubicle next to me who always chews loudly when she eating her lunch, and makes phone calls while eating and talks with her mouth full! Then, she's alway hacking and coughing away, and weezing, which the sound of it turns my tummy. To add, she snorts when she laughs, and it's like this really phlegmy sort of snort, so that also makes me want to barf! And she smokes, and I always smell her stinky "old smoke" smell! Then another guy on her team is constantly burping! EW! I'm a master burper, I can beat any man in a burping contest! But I know when it's appropriate and when it's not. And while I'm sitting at my desk, eating lunch, snacking on something, or ever just working, it's not a pleasant thing to hear! His burps are those gross gurgly ones, kinda bubbly and wet and seem to come deep within!....GAG!!!! They should call their team "TEAM GROSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" or "TEAM MAKES-BRIGITTE-WANNA-BARF!"

GOOO! And I'm at work right now, and I'm listening to the fat one chewing while on the phone again!!!! My god, will the disgusting torture never end!!

Ella! February 8th, 2006 02:42 PM

OMG Brigitte!!! At work my boss will come sit with us on the field during our lunch break, whiles he's eating he's dripping food down his chin, his arm pits are sweaty... as well as his forehead, his hands are dirty and he's sitting there sniffling. IT'S SO NASTY. I cant even eat around him!!!!! Nice to know I'm not alone!! :wacko:

momie2006 February 8th, 2006 06:46 PM

My god!!!!!! I cannot stand ciggarette smoke......It make me want to punch the person I'm standing next too!! I know a lot of people smoke....but wow! that will make me really throw up!!!! It completly turns my stomach.....I guess it could be worse, one of my friend craved a ciggarette when she was pregnant! She never did it, but GROSS!!!!

pregnantandscared February 9th, 2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

I guess it could be worse, one of my friend craved a ciggarette when she was pregnant! She never did it, but GROSS!!!![/b]
i am just like your friend then because evey now and then, if i walk by someone who is smoking and get a sniff of it or if i see someone on tv smoking i get a kinda craving (i smoked for almost 8 years which is bad cause i only 20, but i quit the moment i found out i was preggers)

Mommy2Ethan February 9th, 2006 02:36 PM

spinach ( which i loved before) and tuna

YUCKK

cckegan February 10th, 2006 08:22 PM

I am only 6 -7 weeks so i am just getting into that phase.. I am nauseaus a lot but havent quite gotten to that point.. I smelt chinese last night and felt so sick.. but than i ate it today and was fine.. weird.. I hope i dont end up hating it bc i love it so much..

jennyn February 12th, 2006 10:31 AM

chicken and pizza. i never have gotten over the aversion to bananas that i had with dd, and she is 3.5 now. and i also crave cigarettes why does that happen?