JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Any ideas? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/149710-any-ideas.html)

brigitte February 10th, 2006 06:25 AM

Hey!
Well, Valentine's day is coming up really soon, and I am totally out of ideas on what to do to celebrate! I was hoping to go out, but I'm tired of the typical dinner and movie cliché! I called my fav radio station this morning to see if they had any cool ideas (and maybe g/c's to give away :P ) but all they suggested was a picnic in the livingroom! Boring! Well maybe not boring, but I want to go out! Just because I'm pregnant and can't do very much activity-wise per doctors orders (sciatica and shifting pelvic bone...so no skating, bowling, running, lifting...you name it, I'm probably not allowed!!) doesn't mean I don't have a life and want to seclude myself to my home for the rest of this pregnancy!
Any suggestions?? What are you all doing for Valentine's??

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Mom2DyJessAva February 10th, 2006 06:49 AM

Quote:

Hey!
Well, Valentine's day is coming up really soon, and I am totally out of ideas on what to do to celebrate! I was hoping to go out, but I'm tired of the typical dinner and movie cliché! I called my fav radio station this morning to see if they had any cool ideas (and maybe g/c's to give away :P ) but all they suggested was a picnic in the livingroom! Boring! Well maybe not boring, but I want to go out! Just because I'm pregnant and can't do very much activity-wise per doctors orders (sciatica and shifting pelvic bone...so no skating, bowling, running, lifting...you name it, I'm probably not allowed!!) doesn't mean I don't have a life and want to seclude myself to my home for the rest of this pregnancy!
Any suggestions?? What are you all doing for Valentine's??

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:[/b]

hmm....i thought about it and i have no clue...sorry! wish i could be more of a help..ill think so more and if i come up with an idea ill tell u right away :smile: i have no idea what im doing for valentines day ( i never no untill that day )... hope you find good ideas!

lilmamaw2 February 10th, 2006 07:27 AM

the livingroom thing is more fun than it sounds i did it for my hubby's b-day he had no clue i sent him out to get something from the store and told him to stop by his moms (i told her to stall him, hehe) and then i cooked his fav. and had candles set out every where and used extra material that i had laying around to block out the sun and any light from our deck door and then used material to block out other rooms so it was a closed in setting had out wine glasses (with being preg. i would just use juice if i was you i wasn't preg. at the time) but for him get some good wine or what ever he likes and of course dress up i did i wore heels and a lil' skirt (my man's into that kind of thing and i wasn't preg. at the time) and a cute top he was in total shock he said no one had ever done any thing like that for him and he had no idea it what i was up to it was fun oh don't forget the music low and something you both like!!! well any ways good luck !!!!!!

pregnantandscared February 10th, 2006 08:24 AM

well i dont have anyone to celebrate v-day with so i am going to the doctors and doing my taxes (i know what a thrill) but an idea is make reservations at a really fancy restuarant for a few hours before sunset. go there and have a great time, then once dinner is over go to the beach, or somwhere really romantic and watch the sun go down together. my sons father and i did that once and to this day i remember feeling special and how in love we were. (i often wonder what happened) or you could make plans to go away somewhere special. or (and this is something my parents told me they did once) if you remember what you did on your first date, then reinact it. go to the same restuarant, rent that movie and make it so your house is pitch black (like the theaters) and snuggle up and watch it, just something cutsie like that is always nice. (god this is just making me want my ex back i miss him so much. i wish i had never moved away from from him, then we still might be together. oh well the past is the past. its on to bigger and better things I HOPE!!!)

Resi February 10th, 2006 09:22 AM

Poping in to give ideas...

I'm not sure what area you are in or what you enjoy doing for fun..but what about going to see a play, musical, ballet or to some kind of performance? I live in Chicago so there is always something like that going on.

Or maybe renting a fancy hotel suite and order in or bring a special dinner along?

Ella! February 10th, 2006 04:15 PM

My DH planned our VDAY. (He copied it from a friend I think but it's cute) He's getting me a present everyday from the 1st until the 14th. He got us a puppy (whoohooo) the first day, and so far it's been jewerly, clothes, stuff for the baby. Then on the 14th he's planning for us to go into Los A. and stay at this bed and breakfast thats sooooo gorgeous. Then we are eating dinner on the beach, then a surprise? I dont know what it is yet but it cant be too rough because I just got off bedrest. Last yr on VDAY he was in Iraq so he's going all out this year! I hope everyone has a GREAT valentines!! :cheer:

brigitte February 10th, 2006 08:27 PM

Oh Ella! Your V-day is bringing tears to my eyes...actually more like is making the tears fall uncontrallably. Your man sounds like a sweetheart! I acutally just figured out in my head that as much as I really want a romantic, full out v-day, I won't get it. B/f is working that day from 7am to 7pm and won't be back home until about 8pm, and both of us will be needing to be in bed by at least 10. Then while he has the next day off, I don't, and when I get home from work, he leaves for his next shift. Then when he FINALLY gets his days off, I think his mom is coming to town to visit (at least that's the story I'm told) so we won't even really get the house to ourselves to even have a romantic dinner just the two of us let alone having the house to ourselves for thei night to...well you know...wink wink nudge nudge...
Oh well...there's always next year! And our 1 year anniversary is in March so I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe his days off with work with us, not agaist us.

Thanks for replies though! Keep em' coming! I'm out of movies to watch and hearing all of your plans totally take the place of a romantic chick flick!

Take care everyone! :cheer:

Ella! February 10th, 2006 08:36 PM

Yeah I got lucky when I picked my DH hahah. Sorry your Valentines Day wont be what you want. Last year I spent it crying my eyes out because I missed my DH and was worried about him over in Iraq. It was pretty bumming. I'm glad he's home this year. Make the day a fun one for yourself! Maybe go get a massage or something? Have fun!! :cheer: