JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   TERRIFIED (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/151220-terrified.html)

autumnsmommy2006 February 13th, 2006 10:53 AM

I'm a 20 year old single mom and I have one child, my little girl Autumn, who is 2 and a half now. Her father and I aren't together but lo and behold one night decided to go at it for some stupid reason. That was January 22nd, and my period started on January 26th or the 28th, I know it was definately one of those two days. He wore a condom, and my period started, so I figured I wouldn't worry about it. Well now it's February 13th and it's 22 days later and every sign there is is telling me that I'm pregnant. I'm exhausted, and I can normally run off of 4 or 5 hours of sleep easily, lately my body wont stand for less than 8. I'm a smoker and my cigarettes taste really different, almost sickening, and yesterday morning I woke up and my ankles were swollen. All of the odds are against it. We used protection, I started my period. I could be tired because I dont get enough sleep. My cigarettes could taste nasty because lets face it, cigarettes are nasty. My ankles could be swollen because... well I don't know why my ankles could be swollen, never had that happen to me unless I was pregnant. And I have until the 28th to wait and see if I miss my period. But all of those things together, it's just so scary. Has anybody ever gotten pregnant under these same or similar circumstances? What do you think my chances are? At this point in time I could probably take a pregnancy test but I haven't worked up the courage yet. If you have been through this or something like this or know of someone who has and you have advice please give me some, I would greatly appreciate it.

A

pregnantandscared February 13th, 2006 11:07 AM

first off i want to let you know that everything will be just fine. as for me, i was stupid and like never used protection (well hardly ever i think i did a few times) so thats why i preggers, but i have a friend who used a condom and got preggers. she had her period start a few days later and then not the next month. and so finally she took the test and called me (i lived an hour away at the time) and told me. i rushed down to her. well she decided to terminate her pregnancy which was her choice. when i got preggers i decided to keep it and am now looking forward to have my little boy in june. you already know how your body acts when its preggers cause you have your two year old, so i would say that if you think you are preggers then you should take the test. with me, i had no symptoms of being preggers and took the test as a joke, turned out the joke was on me. you do know that it might still be early though so you may want to wait a while to make sure the test is accurate. hope you get the answer you want. :dothug:

jennyn February 13th, 2006 05:40 PM

it's always possible to be pregnant if you have sex. the first time i got pregnant we used a condom AND i was on the pill. get a hpt

MyGirlz February 13th, 2006 06:36 PM

I was a birth control pill NAZI!!!! Every day at 3pm my cell alarm rang and I would take it...EVERYDAY!!! Never late taking it! And wouldn't ya know it! Half way in my cycle I started complaining about this tugging feeling in my tummy (said it was an alien! who would have thought I was right??!!). And my AF was like clockwork on the pill too so when I was even one day late, I started to worry, and funny enough, I didn't think I was pregnant...I thought it was more likely that I had like cervical cancer or something extreme that was making me miss my period...but four days late came around and I tested just in case, and OMG! Positive!!! AHHH I couldn't be happier about it now, though...The minute it read positive , I was like WOOHOOO! Even though it was the worst timing in my life!! hehe

All this to say, YES!! Anthing can happen! Condom or no condom, bc pill or none! Wait until you're late though, you'll probably get a better reading.
Good luck!!!

MirandasMommy February 13th, 2006 07:20 PM

I was on birth control when I got pregnant (we've been together for nearly 2 years so we don't use condoms). Nothing is full proof if you ask me. I had just switched from Depoprovera shots to pills and according to all the studies people can't get pregnant for up to a year after getting off the shot. (I apparently proved them wrong) I'm with everyone else. Lock yourself in the bathroom with a box of tissues and take a hpt. Good luck!!!
Northcutt2BE

cyutegurl February 14th, 2006 01:43 AM

Well I just went through a scary situation, I have almost 9 months old baby girl, and I thought I was prego again, cuz I had my period on October 15th2005 and it was soooo light....and then I hadnt got it for along time, it was now like end of november so I thought Iwas prego, so I took a test it was negative.
And then I was like okay ill wait. now january came along and still no sign, and i was too scared to go to the doc. So I took another test, it was negative again. And now FINALLY FEB 1st I had got my period, and it was sooooooo long and yucky! But ###### i was sooo scared, I hadnt had my period in ages...and I still dont know why I had missed it for almost 4 months. See how scary is that for me? hehehhe

dont worry it could just be something, dont ask me what, cuz I dont know LOL!

Let us know hun