JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   questions about coffee (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/155029-questions-about-coffee.html)

pregnantandscared February 20th, 2006 11:42 AM

i know that caffiene is bad for the baby, but what about decaf? i have heard that decaf is bad for everybody, but i need the flavor of coffee, so which is better the caffinated or the decaf?

jennyn February 20th, 2006 12:26 PM

the last article i read on caffiene and pregnancy said that UP TO two cups daily of your average plain jane coffee is pretty safe. lattes and such generally have less coffee = less caffiene = you could probably drink one more and be safe. espresso is more concentrated, and you can therefore drink less. as to whether decaf is any better, it's about sixes. it doesn't have caffiene, but the chemicals used to take it out arent' great for you either. so it's your call. i personally voted to just drink regular, but a LOT less than i used to (i used to drink a pot. . . or two. . . every day. . . by myself. :wacko: )

pregnantandscared February 20th, 2006 12:41 PM

thanks. i think i switch back to reg. and just cet the small size. i just need a little fix every day is all. thanks for your advice.

Mommy2Ethan February 20th, 2006 01:17 PM

i used to drink about 4 cups of coffee a day until i got pregnant.. i have been drinking like 1 cup of decaf a morning and everything is fine

Ella! February 20th, 2006 02:22 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwww now that I got pregnant I cant STAND the smell of coffee. I even asked my hubbie to buy energy drinks in the morning rather than make coffee and stink up the whole house!!!! :P

MyGirlz February 20th, 2006 05:16 PM

I stop every morning for one of those cappuccino coffees (like the kind they have at Tim Hortons...sorry I know a lot of you don't live in Canada and probably have never had Tim Hortons...Umm...like, the powder stuff and it's mixed with water...sounds gross, but it's actually probably the best thing in the world!!)...And I get the large...But I only drink the one and it's only on week days.
I think coffee is ok to have..

jewll27 February 20th, 2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

I stop every morning for one of those cappuccino coffees (like the kind they have at Tim Hortons...sorry I know a lot of you don't live in Canada and probably have never had Tim Hortons...Umm...like, the powder stuff and it's mixed with water...sounds gross, but it's actually probably the best thing in the world!!)...And I get the large...But I only drink the one and it's only on week days.
I think coffee is ok to have..[/b]

Your belly is sooo cute!!!!!! :lol:

JuneBug2006 February 20th, 2006 09:46 PM

Hmmm, Timmys is alright but I LOVE LOVE LOVE starbucks.....

and I HATE HATE HATE coffee!!!!

I really like the blended creme frappuccinos! (no coffee)

ksk February 21st, 2006 04:03 AM

I normally drink about 4 or more cups of coffee a day along with coke and tea. During my pgs I cut down to 2 cups of coffee but continued to drink other caffinated beverages. My ob would have preffered that I only had 1 cup of coffee but said that she'd rather I have regular than decaf. I never had any problems but wouldn't recommend drinking the amount of caffine that I did while pg. I did cut down a bit more while I was nursing though.

MyGirlz February 21st, 2006 05:05 AM

Quote:

Hmmm, Timmys is alright but I LOVE LOVE LOVE starbucks.....

and I HATE HATE HATE coffee!!!!

I really like the blended creme frappuccinos! (no coffee)[/b]

OMG I totally hear ya!! I treat myself to a Starbucks every once in while, but most of the time, I'm cheap and I'll just the cappuccino at the gas station on my way to work...I always get the Mocha Espresso...I think that's what it's called....and when I really want to splurge, I get a frozen drink!! YUMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

Mommy2Ethan February 21st, 2006 07:59 AM

frapachinos from starbucks are heavenly !lol

SpugsLady February 21st, 2006 10:01 AM

in my pregnancy and baby mag it says 4 cups a day of regular coffee is safe or 8 cups of tea.

Not too sure about decaf though, i test to stay away from coffee now i'm pregnant and just drink tea.