JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Who got pregnant from the withdrawal or pull out method? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/1618470-who-got-pregnant-withdrawal-pull-out-method.html)

rosaliejohns July 1st, 2009 10:06 AM

Who got pregnant from the withdrawal or pull out method?

Are you sure he did not ejaculate inside you (it was only pre ejaculate)?

JT_Mama July 1st, 2009 11:40 AM

Re: Who got pregnant from the withdrawal or pull out method?

It doesn't matter, pre ejaculate has sperm in it too!

rosaliejohns July 1st, 2009 12:41 PM

That is what I am confused about. There is a small study that was done that claims there is no sperm in pre ejaculate unless a man recently ejaculated and the sperm was pushed out with the pre ejaculate. This is why I am so curious how many people actually get pregnant by this and if their partner accidently pulled out too late?

tonna621 July 2nd, 2009 07:25 PM

kyleighsmom2008 July 3rd, 2009 06:18 AM

RAISES HAND! Me. I was on BC though but had a failure due to antiobiotics. I am POSITIVE he pulled out. He never went inside of me until after I got my BFP.

Whulfc86 July 14th, 2009 09:14 PM

Me! There was a couple of times I thought I could have got pregnant but with how far along I am I have no idea which time it was!

alicia1984 July 17th, 2009 09:45 AM

It only takes one sperm to get pregnant. My anatomy teacher said sperm's in the pre-ejaculate. *shrug* I'm on BC and we don't use condoms. I don't let him ejaculate in me that often cause I'm not a huge fan of the feeling of it. I wouldn't want to just do the pull and pray method cause with my luck I'd be pregnant again right now.

caseya001 July 22nd, 2009 01:26 PM

Raises hand.. me...

Ashes229 July 23rd, 2009 10:46 PM

That would be my story too!

kathrin35 August 1st, 2011 09:07 PM

me too.

danielle123 August 22nd, 2011 11:14 PM

I still don't understand why women and men think those are actual methods of birth control lol. It doesn't work.

MindyRambo August 23rd, 2011 04:32 AM

Well yes, it does work, it depends on the person. My goddaughter's parents have been together 20 years, never used any BC at all except the pull out method and they only got pregnant the twice they actually tried. So it does work for some.

joey_emmysmommy August 23rd, 2011 03:28 PM

I did with my son.

MommyX2boys August 28th, 2011 03:28 PM

Hi I'm new to this room and have not introduced myself yet but that is how I got pregnant as well. My husband was very faithful about " pulling out" but here we are 26 weeks pregnant with our third very unexpected son

MomAnke April 18th, 2012 12:50 AM

me

firstxmommy April 19th, 2012 07:08 PM

My parents used the withdrawal method and my mother has been preggo 10 xs. Lol. No, doesn't work. Overall. Statistically, it's a horrible method of birth control. I'm pregnant now. My husband and I used the withdrawal method after we lost our daughter on October 17, 2011. We weren't supposed to try to conceive for a year so that was our method. We'd been successful for a few years. Needless to say, I wanted us to try this month but no need! We got pregnant in January, I'm 14 weeks. So, thank God for the withdrawal method.

oldchristine June 4th, 2012 01:05 AM

me

TheAmir June 11th, 2012 10:54 AM

It worked for us for 8 years *shrug* he's just got to be really good at timing it.

.:Kati:. June 17th, 2012 01:02 AM

I firmly believe the pull out method does not work,it only takes a little bit to get preggo. My son is an example of that. ;)

shana1979 June 27th, 2012 08:57 PM

The whole time my ex and I were together, we used the pull-out method (he has really good restraint and I move really fast when he loses his concentration-- my youngest is 12, I'm looking at the finish line).

But, now that we're apart and, due to a moment of weakness (I resisted as long as I could but my libido is killer three weeks out of the month), I'm looking at familiar pregnancy symptoms even though we used condoms. Silly me, I didn't know you couldn't use oils with them and we really got into it all three times. Hoping AF rears her head between now and Saturday b/c that is not a conversation I want to have with him. He's a good guy, just not for me.