JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/1794428-unplanned-pregnancies-how-did-happen.html)

brookenicole December 5th, 2009 12:45 PM

unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen?

just wondering about everyone's stories out there... was the pregnancy unplanned because contraception failed or because no contraception was used? if it was used how did it fail?

Irish_Wristwatch December 7th, 2009 06:28 AM

Re: unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen?

were the proof that the pill is only 99% effective, we are still not sure how it happened but it did...

lilflower December 7th, 2009 06:45 PM

I have had 3 BC pregnancies. It failed because I was taking a certain med with it that made it less effective. I didn't know until afterwards :)

andrews_sweetie December 8th, 2009 03:01 PM

We didn't use any protection at all, Just the pull & pray method. It worked for about 6 or 7 months.

mamalamb December 12th, 2009 06:23 PM

I am due in february with our BCP baby. And I was VERY careful with my pills, never missed any and took them at the same time every day.

rainbow_brite19 December 12th, 2009 07:44 PM

no contraception (I know, I know) but tried to avoid the middle of my cycle, also did pull n pray, it worked for a looong time, too

brookenicole December 12th, 2009 09:10 PM

seems as though every woman is different. even i know girls who have gotten pregnant on bc or right after going off bc, while others can take months to conceive after coming off bc. i think you girls were getting busy! *wink* *wink* i do know about certain medications affecting the pill even if you never forget to take it.

Kaema December 13th, 2009 12:10 AM

I've been on the pill and haven't missed any. Took them every evening. But the last time AF came was the last week of October. I've had numerous symptoms and finally tonight I took a test so I could tell myself I was just the victim of a stomach bug... and got a BFP. Despite being on the pill. Definitely unplanned, but not necessarily unwanted. It's just a shock for both of us right now! I'm calling the doctor on Monday. Thank goodness I am living with my loving, very supportive boyfriend of a year.

shadesofsorrow December 13th, 2009 03:09 AM

My first was childish stupidity ie..not using anything and ended in forced abortion,and I've had 4 BC babies.Two on pills both MC,one on the patch ended in MC,and one on nuva ring and I got my DD.
I'm trying to plan baby #2 so hopefully no more surpises.

tflowers1 December 15th, 2009 12:47 PM

To all you ladies who got pregnant on the pill can I ask what pill you were on? I am on Levora - missed one pill this month and am wondering. I would kind of like an "accident". :) Also, what did you doctors say when you said you conceived on the pill? Did they make it sound like it was common? All the research I do online makes it sound like it is IMPOSSIBLE to get pregnant on the BCP unless you miss a ton of pills but yet I seem to hear from a lot of ladies that it happens to them.

Thanks!!

shadesofsorrow December 16th, 2009 02:48 PM

I was useing ortho-tri-cyclen and Aleese 28.I never missed or was late for a pill.The only one where the dr actted like it was out of the ordanary was my DD.I as on nuva ring then and the dr made the comment that it was very unusual.I acctually took it out at the dr's office.

Adrienne214 December 16th, 2009 08:19 PM

I got pg from uprotected sex 5 days before ovulation. I knew we were cutting it close but thought sperm couldn't live much longer than a few days. I'm cuirous to see how many pull-n-pray babies are on here...kinda worried about this cycle.

mamalamb December 19th, 2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookenicole (Post 18289033)
seems as though every woman is different. even i know girls who have gotten pregnant on bc or right after going off bc, while others can take months to conceive after coming off bc. i think you girls were getting busy! *wink* *wink* i do know about certain medications affecting the pill even if you never forget to take it.

LOL that's the thing....we barely ever DTD anymore what with Ella, crazy schedules, etc, etc....One of the first things I said was HTH did I get pregnant when we never have sex? No antibiotics either...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tflowers1 (Post 18319800)
To all you ladies who got pregnant on the pill can I ask what pill you were on? I am on Levora - missed one pill this month and am wondering. I would kind of like an "accident". :) Also, what did you doctors say when you said you conceived on the pill? Did they make it sound like it was common? All the research I do online makes it sound like it is IMPOSSIBLE to get pregnant on the BCP unless you miss a ton of pills but yet I seem to hear from a lot of ladies that it happens to them.

Thanks!!

I was on Microgestin (generic for LoEstrin) And the morning I called the dr, in a complete panic because of a BFP , the nurse told me "We actually have quite a few BCP babies" "Lots more common than you think". Well, that's great, THANKS FOR TELLING ME BEFORE. LOL!

emsfirstbaby December 20th, 2009 07:39 AM

Like many of you girls.. I was on the pill as well. and 28 weeks later here I am expecting in march!

Feeny December 20th, 2009 09:32 AM

My first pregnancy was unplanned. We used condoms, but not always. We didn't really think about consequences much. A case of teen foolishness coupled with the classic teen illusion of being invincible. We truly learnt our lesson there.

Stephanie_M December 20th, 2009 07:03 PM

My DD is also a BC baby. They kept switching my BCP around because of break through bleeding and a few other issues. We're guessing it was because of my hormone levels constantly going up and down and out of whack that I became pg. DH and I are actually really happy it happened since we would have waited forever to start TTC.

JT_Mama December 20th, 2009 07:43 PM

I was using a diaphragm as my regular method, but this one night I didn't put it in. We had been in the hot tub, then he got a leg cramp getting out and we ended up just laying in my bed after that talking for a couple hours - then fell asleep. We both woke up and started messing around and I didn't even think to put it in. Until right after! So I ran to the bathroom and put in some spermicidal gel, but his swimmer already made it there. Now I have my wonderful little boy and me and the Dad are not really together, but we have a pretty good relationship and are both very dedicated to our son.

way2gomom December 25th, 2009 06:08 PM

I have been off the Depo shot for about a month. We've been using a backup method (spermicide or condoms) and then one brilliant day we didn't. We didn't think my fertility would return so quickly. My last shot was in August, and it can take as few as 3 months or as many as 18 months to wear off. I hadn't had a period yet, so we really didn't think it had worn off. Lucky me, I got pregnant on the first cycle after BC!

jenny poo27 December 26th, 2009 06:45 PM

with both my boys no conreception was being used....i was stupid but int he end it all worked out

LuvRBx5 December 27th, 2009 06:52 AM

My third was a BCpill baby. We decided that I would try a low dose BCpill since I get bad side effects... So I went on Tricyclen-Lo. After my 3rd pill pack, I had some light spotting but no AF on the off week... So I picked up a test just to be sure before I started my 4th pack. I really really thought that it would be negative and I'd start my new pack. I was shocked when it came up positive right away. I had my cell phone alarm set for everynight and I always took it within the 10 minute time frame. Never forgot any, never was late on any, wasn't on antibiotics... but she happened.. I was upset for a few days, mainly out of shock I guess... and came to terms with it and realized that in a year, I wouldn't picture life without her... and I was so right. She is such a precious little person.

This baby that I'm preggers with now, was a non-prevented baby. Honestly, we didn't prevent. I ovulated early.. but I never really thought it would happen in one cycle and planned to try the BCpill again for awhile, while I was waiting to get Mirena... So not prevented but still a big surprise and kinda unplanned because I really never thought it would happen.