JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   BC after baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/1933850-bc-after-baby.html)

c'est_la_vie April 6th, 2010 03:08 PM

BC after baby

What BC will you on after baby comes? Or what are you on now?

MamaMandy April 6th, 2010 04:41 PM

Re: BC after baby

I'll be having a c-section for sure, Liana was a c-section and I now have several back conditions/injuries that could make it dangerous to deliver naturally. So, I am really thinking about having my tubes tied, while they're already in there. But it scares me! Not that I'll want more children, just 1 more thing to recover from & hurt while caring for a newborn & a then 6 year old. Though, when IS a good time?! :rolleyes: I've got to do some research, talk to all my doctors, & make sure it's the best option. I can't use an IUD because my uterus shape makes complications & dislodging likely. Hormonal birth controls mess me up badly. Sponges, caps, diaphragms fail too often. And I don't trust condoms since there s so much room for human (ok, MALE) error. Sooo...what other options do I have?!

What are you thinking & why? Any experiences to share?

Shyla7895 April 6th, 2010 04:55 PM

I'm getting fixed. Fo Sho! :D

Tying my tubes really scares me too, but I think it will be worth it. I didn't want the one I am pregnant with now, but they wouldn't tie me after my last because I was too young...

A part of me doesn't want to, but that part can shove it! lol :P

Irish_Wristwatch April 6th, 2010 05:05 PM

we arent planning on using any, weve decided that we would like our kids close in age

c'est_la_vie April 6th, 2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaOuchy (Post 19711326)
I'll be having a c-section for sure, Liana was a c-section and I now have several back conditions/injuries that could make it dangerous to deliver naturally. So, I am really thinking about having my tubes tied, while they're already in there. But it scares me! Not that I'll want more children, just 1 more thing to recover from & hurt while caring for a newborn & a then 6 year old. Though, when IS a good time?! :rolleyes: I've got to do some research, talk to all my doctors, & make sure it's the best option. I can't use an IUD because my uterus shape makes complications & dislodging likely. Hormonal birth controls mess me up badly. Sponges, caps, diaphragms fail too often. And I don't trust condoms since there s so much room for human (ok, MALE) error. Sooo...what other options do I have?!

What are you thinking & why? Any experiences to share?

I would like to get my tubes tied, but for some strange reason my insurance doesn't cover it - however it covers SO's v. Which doesn't help me much if we break up - but I really feel like getting my tubes tied is the best option. I do not want anymore!!!

But my mom had her tubes tied & chopped many years ago - she never had issues. She got it done while having my brother via c-section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch (Post 19711612)
we arent planning on using any, weve decided that we would like our kids close in age

Its hard work mama!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shyla7895 (Post 19711474)
I'm getting fixed. Fo Sho! :D

Tying my tubes really scares me too, but I think it will be worth it. I didn't want the one I am pregnant with now, but they wouldn't tie me after my last because I was too young...

A part of me doesn't want to, but that part can shove it! lol :P

SO how I feel!!!

mama_2_Callen April 7th, 2010 07:42 AM

not sure.. definitely don't want another one for a while. I decided not to go with the pill because i got pregnant this time on it. So maybe thinking an iud? but still not sure..

LaceLuvMomi1 April 7th, 2010 09:57 AM

Nothing. I hate BC, it makes me insane and fat. I chart and we use condoms when Im ovulating. It worked for a year, I'm sure it will work again.

mama_2_Callen April 7th, 2010 12:36 PM

is charting hard? i feel like i wouldn't be able to keep track.. of course that could just be me cuz im not very good at taking pills or keeping tack of anything!

benandali April 9th, 2010 04:33 PM

Charting isn't hard. You can check out the NFP board on here to get more answers. The TRICK is to understand your cycles perfectly and get an instructor who knows whats what and can help you determine your individual fertility.

I am pregnant now because my instructor didn't identify what she should have in my pattern. Ugh. I showed my chart to an instructor who is on the NFP board, and she pointed out the error instantly! Next time around I have that knowleadge under my belt. It's definitely a learning process and despite what people may say, modern NFP or FAM is extremely effective. Heck, I'm still vouching for it even though I ended up pregnant. lol but how many people got preggo while on modern BC. :)

ashleykathleen April 10th, 2010 08:18 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure. I got pregnant with Jaleigh when I was on the pill (I'm terrible about missing a pill here or there). When I switched pills I got pregnant with this one so obviously I need to try something else lol

rainbow_brite19 April 10th, 2010 08:24 AM

I'm not sure yet but there will be SOME kind if birth control, definitely. I will be bf-ing, so it probably won't be too much of an issue, but it will probably be a combo of condoms and charting. I really don't like what the pill does to my body and mind. One of my biggest fears is getting pregnant less than 2 years after having this one. This one wasn't planned anyway (though we are thrilled) and we have big money issues. We need to wait at least a few more years before having more.

c'est_la_vie April 10th, 2010 08:24 PM

BF'ing is far from 100% - I've been nursing for over 2 years now, and conceived twice. LOL.

MeMyselfAndGirls April 19th, 2010 04:26 PM

ABSTENCE!!!!! lol thats no joke! I well not have sex again untill im in a serious relationship!

Lauryn16 October 3rd, 2010 09:56 PM

Abstinence too.

peace.love.audrey October 5th, 2010 02:05 AM

I started the mini pill at 6 weeks PP and was on it for 3 months. Then nothing. Then I got pregnant with #2. After my m/c, I was on the nuvaring for a month and now I am on nothing again.

beckii October 5th, 2010 03:28 PM

Nothing - I have never been on BC & never plan to. I hate the fact that it's unpredictable.

chris93 December 9th, 2010 11:22 AM

Abstinence

DramaFreeMama December 9th, 2010 06:09 PM

Condoms while 'm breastfeeding. IUD after that.

beckii December 12th, 2010 06:57 AM

I never went on BC after, & I never will - it's not for me. But I also haven't DTD with anyone but my DD's father, & it's been over 2 years since we've been together! So no need for BC right now :) !

stefie94 December 7th, 2011 02:24 PM

planning a diaphragm