JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   feeling blue (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/20538-feeling-blue.html)

Larkin121 March 21st, 2005 04:12 PM

Hi girls,

I've been having a lot of emotions since I found out I was pregnant. The shock has worn off a bit now and all of my immediate family and closest friends know. But some days I just feel completely depressed. For about four days in a row last week, I felt annoyed by my boyfriend even though he was nothing but sweet. I kept pushing him away emotionally and physically. My attraction for him was completely gone. It was a horrible feeling. Finally, yesterday, my mood came around and I felt good, happy about baby, happy with boyfriend. I felt ok today until I called the last person I intend to tell for now, a guy I've been close friends with since age 3. He made me feel so stupid for getting pregnant "again" (i got pregnant a year ago with my boyfriend and had an abortion). He didn't say it but I could tell he thought I was crazy for keeping this baby, that I was ruining my life or that I didn't understand what it meant to have a child. I don't know why this got to me so much. Maybe because he was also my first love a few years back... but anyway, how long do you think it will take before I have more happy days than sad days? Is it just the pregnancy hormones or am I genuinely depressed about this pregnancy? I'm worried because when I feel down I take it out on my boyfriend and that can't be good on our relationship. Sorry for the vent, but I just need to talk to someone besides my bf right now!

TylerJ1029 March 21st, 2005 04:19 PM

(((HUGS))) Even though the shock has worn off it is hard to get used to. I'm sure a good part of it has to do with horomones. I used to say alot of stuff that thinking back on it now, must have sounded crazy. Make sure on a "good" day you tell your BF how much you love him. That the horomones do crazy things to your body and even though it doesnt make what you do right, it might give him so more insight. I'm sure he understands that this is a crazy time for you both. It will get better.

Margaret March 21st, 2005 08:41 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. The surprise of being pregnant and the hormones that come with it put us on emotional roller coasters. I think we all go through it to some degree. I talked to my husband about my negative feelings toward him when I wasn't feeling them so that he understood that I appreciated him even if I pushed him away sometimes. He was very understanding.

Also, it is very hurtful when we know the people we care about are disappointed in us even if they don't say those words. We all deserve to feel like someone supports and encourages us even when they don't always agree with our decisions. Sometimes people don't even realize how their attitudes and behaviors impact us. I don't know if you feel comfortable talking to him about it, but maybe you can explain exactly what you need from him right now as you work through the realization of being pregnant.

I hope you have better days soon,
Margaret