JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   What was your first reaction? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2168574-what-your-first-reaction.html)

DramaFreeMama November 22nd, 2010 11:02 AM

What was your first reaction?

....to your BFP?

This was the first test i had ever taken and at first i thought it was negative. I was so relived. Then the second line came in and my mouth dropped. My boyfriend was hoovering over me so i passed him the test in silence. I couldn't speak because i really couldn't believe it. So i guess to sum up my first reaction would be complete and utter shock lol.

MommaTrish November 22nd, 2010 11:33 AM

Re: What was your first reaction?

Not really shock since I'd had the most killer morning sickness ever for the past month, but I was very upset and angry since getting pregnant at 16 (and 18) wasn't my idea of something smart to do.

beckii November 22nd, 2010 08:48 PM

Honestly, not much... I was just still & thoughtless for like an hour, if that makes any sense.

hkystar November 26th, 2010 08:04 PM

I was certain I had screwed up the test but I didnt have anymore to try again. So I hid the test in the trash (so the bf wouldnt know anything about it) and went about my day (pretending the test had lied to me).

JessW7 November 28th, 2010 09:09 AM

I looked, looked again... tore the test apart, took a pic and immediately posted in on the AIP boards hoping to hear it was an indent... thats not what I heard... 6 tests later (one digi) I was like OMG!!

rugby_girl November 28th, 2010 09:23 AM

i stared at the test and cried lol

MissChryssie:) December 2nd, 2010 09:34 PM

I was home alone and my parents were out of town. I was single (still am), and the bio dad and I had broken up a month before. I bought the box with three tests...took one that night and it was positive. I was so scared I started crying and shaking. lol I was in a state of shock. Still am 5 months later lol

MrsM December 2nd, 2010 10:19 PM

I was panicking all last month because my period hadn't come. I hadn't had a normal period since the beginning of Oct. I had some spotting late Oct. Then Nothing! I had a growing suspicion, curiosity, and fear that I might be pregnant. I started to eat healthy without trying to act suspicious around family members. I knew I had to work harder and more hours at my job, so I went into work on a Saturday and my aunt (who is my boss) told me that she might fire me. I was so depressed thinking about how I could be pregnant and not have a job that I walked outside and called my mom, asking if we could hang out that night. She asked if I thought I was pregnant (because I was crying and I said that I was a failure at life).
We went to WalMart to buy pregnancy tests (took us forever and a half to find them) and then we went to the mall. I walked into the bathroom, took the test and it quickly displayed "Pregnant." A lady watched me walk out of the stall showing my mom the result and she asked me how I felt. I couldn't speak. I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I was excited, scared, nervous, anxious, worried, happy, sad, and every other emotion under the rainbow. I thought my whole family would hate me.
Turns out my family reacted very well. My boyfriend asked me to marry him, and we will be having our wedding in January :D My first u/s is tomorrow at 9am! I can't wait now. Now that I know my family doesn't hate me, I'm happy about my pregnancy.

Long story short, I felt every emotion under the sun. Haha!

hellolea December 27th, 2010 11:12 PM

I was in shock. I had no idea what to do, I couldn't even say the words I'm pregnant to Anthony I just came out crying and he asked really. Still am kinda in shock but so happy.

fludderbye22 December 28th, 2010 05:24 PM

to quote greys anatomy

"SERIOUSLY!"

Ashley11 December 30th, 2010 04:33 PM

I cried :(

Leogirl December 30th, 2010 08:12 PM

I sat in the floor and cried and then threw the test across the room. I'm not really sure I'm ready to be pregnant yet. I ended up taking another one to show the hubby.

peace.love.audrey January 2nd, 2011 01:33 AM

I have had 3 unplanned BFP's so...

#1 (DD) - I was a day late for AF and knew something might be up so I tested and before the dye even finished crossing the screen, I could see it was positive. I set the test down and felt like I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time. We only DTD ONCE that month! I think I literally took 15-20 more tests and had an u/s at 8 weeks before I actually believed there was a baby in me.

#2 - My DD was 8 months old and I was cleaning under the bathroom sink and found a HPT. I thought to myself, "Well, by the time I want another baby, this test will be expired soooo I should just pee on it and throw it away." I pee on it and sit it down on the counter and continue cleaning. I glance over at it and I'm like ,"Is that a freakin line?" So I posted the test over on AIP hoping it was an evap but apparently I was wrong. I was only like 9DPO and after I got the BFP I was like,"Oooooh, maybe that's why I started lactating again!" Crazy part is, when I did the math, I got pregnant from DTD the morning my SO had his vasectomy. I was pretty upset about being pregnant because I didn't know if I could handle 2 kids under 1.5 yrs old and go to Nursing School. And just as I started becoming optimistic, I had a m/c at 7 weeks. :(

#3 (current pregnancy) - I used OPK's for the first time in my life to see if I was even ovulating because my last 2 AF's since my m/c were only 24-25 days long. For some reason it was really upsetting me that my cycles were irregular because it was like a reminder of the m/c every month. Anyways, I got a positive on CD17 and then got what I thought was a lighter than normal AF at CD28 that lasted 4 days. I only became suspicious when I started having cramps AFTER my period ended....and then my BBs started feeling heavy and I was eating like a cow. I tested at like 19DPOish and got a very light evap looking line. I tested again at 26DPO and got a very clear positive. This is a vasectomy failure baby, so saying that I am shocked and surprised would be an understatement. I don't think I have actually accepted it yet.

Wow....that was a novel. Sorry! :lol:

rachel_anne January 2nd, 2011 05:34 PM

I cried, for a few hours. It took a couple months for it to really sink in, but it ended up being the greatest blessing.

Sweetpea24 January 2nd, 2011 07:15 PM

I was happy but more scared then happy.

Mom to minions January 5th, 2011 05:01 AM

I cried. Then I took another test and cried some more. Then I called the Dr. to confirm (I'm a high risk pregnancy so I have to be seen right away). I am still kinda in shock and trying to be happy.

I told BF and the first thing he did was hold my hand and tell me he loves me (we are both 29 and older). He is very happy even though we were preventing.

ashtonsmomtobe May 25th, 2011 03:56 PM

I punched the wall several times was really ****** I thought of going over my ex's house and teaching him a violent lesson andthen made an appointment for an abortion. I had been depressed awhile after that. I was more irritable and my friends knew something was even more. I felt and feel so alone since then.