JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Crap. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2349524-crap.html)

JadaJade June 13th, 2011 06:37 PM

Crap.

I"ve stopped over here from the nov. due date club. I'm 19 and this was unplanned. I'm stressing out about school, a job, a baby, all while managing an apartment and a car payment on...two halfway decent jobs. I have no clue how we're going to do it, honestly. I would hate to go on welfare, but honestly.. It's looking like the only option while we're going to college, we're so screwed.

moomoo2010 June 14th, 2011 02:12 AM

Re: Crap.

hi i was just lurking and saw this. i was 19 when i unexpectedly became pregnant. it was/is hard financially and there should be no shame if u have to go on welfare especially if it will help u look after your child. sounds like you are trying your best to do it on your own :) i am now 21 with a 17month old and it has gotten easier as time has passed. congrats on your bub btw :)

kaytplusbaby June 15th, 2011 08:08 AM

Look into welfare. It's not a shameful thing, at all. It exists to help people like you. Nothing is impossible and, my mom always said, "Where there is a will, there is a way." Babies are definitely expensive but you can apply for WIC and welfare and other government aids. Maybe you can find a cheaper apartment and have roommates or find somewhere you can live rent-free... with family? Rent is a big black hole for $. Just take it one day at a time.

moomoo2010 June 17th, 2011 04:45 PM

oh and it doesnt last forever, this is mine and my partners last week on the benifit! so dont give up youl be fine!

trulyblessed July 20th, 2011 06:27 PM

If you have to resort to welfare then go for it. It's there for that reason. I was pregnant at 19 and the father (DH now) didn't have a job. He should've had one, he was 22, but he didn't. And I wasn't working. I wasn't even in school. I turned to welfare and it helped us a lot. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes people need help! Congrats on the pregnancy!!

mammaz80 July 26th, 2011 05:35 PM

I'm sorry to mention it but there are options. You don't HAVE to have a baby. Please don't take this the wrong way at all, but it's just such a life changing step and one of the hardest things you will ever do. Good luck though!

blessedmom080911 July 28th, 2011 09:00 PM

I agree. Don't be ashamed to go on welfare. It isn't like you will be on it forever...it will help you get over this hump! WIC helped us with formula for our second DD, when she wouldn't breast feed and had horrible reflux! It was a life saver since I had just graduated college! When I had my first DD, I was 21, lived with my mom and if it weren't for her and welfare...we wouldn't be here today! It doesn't hurt to ask for help when you need it!