JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   How did you tell the father ????? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2359015-how-did-you-tell-father.html)

everafter June 26th, 2011 05:45 PM

How did you tell the father ?????

I'm 12w3d and I still haven't told the daddy....

I'm scared of his reaction......no, he's not violent, but after our divorce we are just now trying to reconcile and this baby had the worst timing....

How did YOU tell your baby's daddy that you're pregnant ????

CeilidhBrennan June 28th, 2011 01:38 AM

Re: How did you tell the father ?????

You are on my Jan 12 due date club.

I text him when I found out. Basically "Um, I have some news that you aren't going to like. We made a baby"

I deliberately chose to use the words "we made a baby" rather than "I'm pregnant" for two reasons. One, "We" instead of "I" I wanted him realise it takes two to tango. And "baby" instead of "pregnant" because I wanted him to realise that this is a human being we made.

MidnightMaiden June 29th, 2011 05:29 PM

Hi.. I just discovered this board, wish I had of known about it when I was pregnant with DD.

I was 19 when I got pregnant and my (then boyfriend now DH) had only been dating for 4 months.
I sent him a text saying "We need to talk", he picked me up from work for lunch and we went for a drive.
I couldn't even look him in the eye and all I said was "Umm... I'm pregnant".

Leogirl June 29th, 2011 10:41 PM

Mine was with me when I tested.

Sweetpgrl8 June 30th, 2011 07:49 PM

I didn't tell him with either, he ended up figuring it out after realizing I haven't had my periods in awhile......

rachel_anne July 2nd, 2011 10:21 PM

He randomly stopped by my house about a week after I found out I was pregnant, and just told him "i'm pregnant"...that was the last time I've talked to him.
I think, though, if you and him are trying to reconcile, this might bring you closer together. I wish you the best

.:Kati:. July 12th, 2011 03:02 AM

I didn't have to tell him as he went to walgreens and bought 3 pregnancy test's and stood over me while i pee'd on them all LOL! he was more excited than i was.

~ Jade ~ July 12th, 2011 05:33 AM

he got up the next morning sat down beside me and went "your pregnant aren't you" and i said "yes, how did you know" and he replied "well i didn't think Abbey or Penny took that pregnancy test in the toilet" so yeah it was rather funny