JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   2nd unplanned pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2368855-2nd-unplanned-pregnancy.html)

star shaped July 9th, 2011 12:20 PM

2nd unplanned pregnancy

Hi, my name's Lana, I'm 20 years old. I have a 17 month son who I got pregnant with when I was 18. It was very unexpected and definitely unplanned. I was a mess for most of the pregnancy. I just couldn't see any positive aspects to it. I thought it was going to ruin my life. It has made life harder, but it's made my life better as well. Recently, I found out that I'm pregnant again. I'm still with my son's dad. We decided we didn't want anymore children until we were both done with college, and then not for several years after that. We haven't told anyone yet (I don't even know how far along I am). I feel like I'm going to look so stupid, getting pregnant by accident twice! Even before the first baby we were really good about using protection, it was only one time we didn't use anything (I know a baby can come from just one time, obviously). We were really good about it since then too, I don't even really know how this happened. I'm not on birth control, but we always use protection. Who will believe that though? Anyway, I don't have the same feelings I did when I found out I was pregnant the first time, I'm just scared about how we'll manage everything and what our families will say. I just want to curl up and cry.

trulyblessed July 21st, 2011 08:10 AM

Re: 2nd unplanned pregnancy

Don't worry about what others may or may not think or say. You can't control what people will think and you really can't consume your time thinking about it either. You're pregnant and all that matters if you and your husband being happy about it. If people are so ignorant as to not acknowledge your pregnancy then so be it. You wouldn't want people whom are like that in your life anyway. You want to be surrounded by positivity. Not all pregnancies are planned but if you're willing to welcome this baby into your lives then everything will be okay. If you want people to accept your pregnancy then you must accept it first. Let go of the fact it wasn't planned. I know you said you used protection but think of it like this: it happened regardless because it's meant to be and things will be just fine. :) Good luck to you and congrats!

star shaped July 21st, 2011 05:23 PM

Thanks. I just feel like it's a lot more complicated than that though. It wouldn't be such a big deal if we were older or just more established when this happened. We're trying to finish college as quick as we can and it's hard enough with 1 child right now. I still don't feel that my mom is completely over the disappointment of me getting pregnant the first time.

I still haven't told anyone else yet. I'm going to wait until I can't hide it any longer.

trulyblessed July 21st, 2011 05:52 PM

I know it's hard being that you're in college and now you're pregnant but I'm pretty sure you're going to get through it! Your mom may or may not be over the shock of you getting pregnant the first time but you ARE an adult and things DO happen. It's just going to take some time for you to take in.