JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Prescription drug use before knowing!!!!! please no negativity (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2370533-prescription-drug-use-before-knowing-please-no-negativity.html)

lulu86 July 11th, 2011 10:00 PM

Prescription drug use before knowing!!!!! please no negativity

Hi there,
As of today, I am about 3 days late on my period, and have had some cramping and brown discharge...but no period! My breasts hurt, and i just have a weird feeling I guess. So the first question is...could I be pregnant? (had sex with my fiance about 3 weeks ago) Second, I am really scared because I have been taking valium and percocet for the past couple months for some medical issues. If I found out I was pregnant tomorrow, and i stopped all that medication, would my baby be at risk? Has anyone else had an experience like this that they wouldn't mind sharing with me? Thank you! After thought: I want a baby soooo bad and I am engaged, but I guess I just wasnt exactly planning for a pregnancy, but wasnt preventing it.

Love My Joey July 11th, 2011 10:32 PM

Re: Prescription drug use before knowing!!!!! please no negativity

You could be pregnant, it just depends on when you ovulated but its possible. My suggetion to you would be to stop taking everything until you know if you are pregnant or not. Second, I would go take a test. It could be positive by now and I would keep testing until you either find out you are or you get your period. Or you can go to your doctor and they can do a blood test to tell you either way. But since it is possible for you to be pregnant, I would stop taking the prescriptions as of right now. I think you are early enough that the baby should be fine but there is really no way to know that for sure. I don't know if my situation is similar but I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was like 9 or 11 weeks...I can't remember exactly but it was somewhere around there. I drank HEAVILY before finding out I was pregnant. In fact, I turned 21 a few days before finding out I was pregnant. I was lucky and my baby turned out fine but I'm not going to lie, I was stressed up until the moment I got to hold my son. Everything will work out and babies are such a blessing. Good luck hun!

.:Kati:. July 12th, 2011 01:58 AM

percocet's are fine to take while pregnant infact alot of doctor's prescribe it while your pregnant but thats something you would have to discuss with them id worry more about the valium.

Leogirl July 12th, 2011 08:38 PM

I would call your prescibing Dr and let them know that you may be pregnant and ask them what to do. Also you should test ASAP. A lot of Dr's prescribe percocet during pregnancy but valium depends on the doseage and the reason.
I'm on a very low dose of valium as needed for anxiety and panic attacks. My dr's feel the risk is worth taking in my case.

.:Kati:. July 13th, 2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leogirl (Post 24362072)
I would call your prescibing Dr and let them know that you may be pregnant and ask them what to do. Also you should test ASAP. A lot of Dr's prescribe percocet during pregnancy but valium depends on the doseage and the reason.
I'm on a very low dose of valium as needed for anxiety and panic attacks. My dr's feel the risk is worth taking in my case.

i'm in the same boat hun i have severe panic attacks and i'm prescribed the lowest dose of xanax i have been on them for to long to stop cold turkey now the stress would harm the baby more than anything still taking them but i have been cutting them in half just to be a little more safe.

trulyblessed July 20th, 2011 04:48 PM

I agree with the first reply. I'd take a test now because if you're 2 days late chances are it's going to show now if you're pregnant. Don't take anything anymore until you talk to your doctor. If you ARE pregnant let your doctor know and your doctor will take it from there. If you aren't pregnant then that's a different story but to be safe I'd still see my doctor to get blood work in case the HPT didn't pick up the HCG, kwim?

Anyway I'm sure everything is ok but just check it out in case. Good luck!