JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Who's more likely to be the father? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2562976-whos-more-likely-to-father.html)

n0regrets123 August 18th, 2012 09:07 AM

Who's more likely to be the father?

My last menstrual period was June 20th but my average cycle length is around 36 days. I don't know how accurate these things are, but according to my period tracker, I was fertile around July 8th-13th. I had unprotected sex with guy A on the 3rd but he pulled out and unprotected sex with guy B on the 15th but he came inside. I was just wondering who is more likely to be the father. Thanks.

LuvRBx5 August 18th, 2012 10:05 AM

Re: Who's more likely to be the father?

I think this would only be determined with a paternity test, since it was so close to the time you could have been fertile for both.. Every woman is different so those trackers aren't super accurate, you could have been fertile a few days before or after. If you ovulated just a day or 2 after the tracker said, then it could be guy #2, if you ovulated more around 8th then the sperm from guy #1 could have been waiting.

Even if you got an u/s, they can be off 2 weeks either way and are just an estimate of possible conception, the only way to know for sure when you ovulated would be if you used OPKs or charted temps.

A paternity test will be the only way to know for sure.

n0regrets123 August 18th, 2012 10:34 AM

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. With the first guy, I didn't wanna do it anymore so he had to relieve himself in order to ejaculate. Not too sure about precum though. I was hoping an ultrasound would be able to tell me if I'm 6 or 8 weeks to give me a better idea but you're probably right about the paternity test.

Leogirl August 18th, 2012 12:00 PM

It's more likely the second guy is the father because it's very rare for a woman to get pregnant from pre-cum. However, a paternity test is the only way you can be 100% sure. There is a new blood test out that can determine paternity as early as 8 weeks but I'm not sure if it's widely available yet. It is something to ask your Dr about though.

n0regrets123 August 20th, 2012 04:26 PM

Just got a trans abdominal ultrasound and the technician didn't see a sac, only thick endometrium. She said this would put me around 4 weeks pregnant. I thought I would be farther along due to my last menstrual period and date of conception. Any thoughts?

terryterry August 21st, 2012 02:43 PM

Did you have unprotected sex with anyone after the 15th? Ovulation dates are really hard to predict unless you've been tracking everything (temps, cervical mucus, etc.).
Does sound like guy B is probably the father though, but can't say with certainty.

n0regrets123 August 23rd, 2012 10:50 PM

Just got another ultrasound, I was able to see the sac and heartbeat. They also put me around 7 weeks 2 days. They said the earlier ultrasounds are the most accurate so this would make guy B most likely to be the father (I used a reverse conception tracker and the possible dates of conception are July 14-22 & ovulation around July 18). Thanks for the support everyone! Happy pregnancies :)