JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Pregnant on pull out method?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2634150-pregnant-pull-out-method.html)

andiheim23 March 12th, 2013 01:26 PM

Pregnant on pull out method??

I have been using the pull out method for about a year now, and recently me and my partner used the pull out method 2 times in a day. I am just curious to how many people actually got pregnant on that method. I know its not a birth control method, it just seemed to be working for me for over a year now. Anyone got pregnant? Any way I could be/get pregnant doing this? He is good at timing it every single time so that is why I never worried. Thanks!

OCBlonde985 March 12th, 2013 02:11 PM

Re: Pregnant on pull out method??

You always have a chance of getting pregnant from precum which leaks out before he ejaculates. It can happen.

melissa500 March 12th, 2013 06:48 PM

I got pregnant on that method. What I found out was, if there is any sperm left in the urethra from a previous ejaculation, you can easily get pregnant. Now I have my little girl.

MerinSun March 13th, 2013 07:01 PM

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...ethod-4218.htm

Quote:

Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.
To summarize: You will get pregnant eventually. It is extremely ineffective and unreliable. Especially if you're not tracking your ovulation.

Loving6 March 22nd, 2013 11:02 AM

My son Nathan was a pull out baby,I came off birth control pill 2 weeks prior and wanted to wait a full month before trying but surprise. So yes you can become pregnant using the pull out method.

melaniek85 March 22nd, 2013 11:16 AM

My DH and I used it for a year and didn't become pregnant until we tried and we are doing it now. It's worked for us so far but we are not really concerned about getting pregnant, we want more kids and it can happen whenever (just not currently actively trying). My friend did get pregnant using pull out, so it can happen. There is a chance getting pregnant pulling out, I wouldn't recommend this "method' if you really do not want to get pregnant.

rheaimedved March 23rd, 2013 01:42 PM

This is how I got pregnant. My husband and I were using this method for a year before it happened. There was no "accident" (like him forgetting to withdrawal) or anything like that. It was a surprise, but not unwanted. You and your bf should know where you stand on the matter of having children/abortion if you're planning to continue using this method, just in case.

I'll add that an ex and I used this method for about 2.5 years without any pregnancies.

ASoldiersLuckyCharm March 23rd, 2013 06:24 PM

My first 2 where pull out methods doesn't work very well.

aislin22 March 24th, 2013 09:45 AM

My daughter was conceived that way. It really is not an effective method of birth control. :D

electriclids April 14th, 2013 09:19 PM

Obviously it's not reliable, but my ex and I used pull out for a year and my current bf and I used it for 5 months. Now we are ntnp...

Seasaidh April 14th, 2013 10:37 PM

Don't use pull out method without being okay with the fact that you will probably end up pregnant eventually.

A pull out method combined with careful ovulation tracking can be pretty effective, but it's still not recommended as a truly safe way to prevent pregnancy.

*~ Joni ~* April 19th, 2013 09:45 AM

I'm 7 weeks along now with a pull out baby :)

Christel80 September 3rd, 2013 10:36 PM

I am 6 weeks with a pull out baby.

ToMuchElmo September 8th, 2013 09:19 AM

It worked well for me & DH for 2 years, now we got baby #5 on the way. I will also say I didn't ovulate for agood 5 days after.

JuliaBob September 13th, 2013 04:07 AM

It can happen. Very ineffective and unreliable method for birth control.

kyleighsmom2008 September 21st, 2013 05:41 AM

My daughter was a pull out baby. I dont believe in it! There is pre-cum and that is what gets you pregnant even if he pulls out way before..