JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   I screwed up.. Who could the dad be..? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2651609-i-screwed-up-who-could-dad.html)

babymom852 May 19th, 2013 04:18 AM

I screwed up.. Who could the dad be..?

Hi ladies and gents.. While I am scared and worried about who the father of my baby is.. I am totally in love with the life I have in me. Here's a rundown of the situation I am facing:

My boyfriend and I broke up early February. I had an unfortunate drunken one night stand with a friend on Feb 10(day 25 of my cycle). I took the plan B pill the next day on Feb 11. Feb 18 I got my period. It came at the normal time it was supposed too, the flow was normal and it lasted for as long as it was supposed too (5 days).

I don't have a normal 28 day cycle - I have a 33 day cycle. When I've done ovulation testing in the past I tended to ovulated early in my cycle day 10/11-15) I got back together with my boyfriend at the end of February. We had sex March 1 and 3. I took a pregnancy test on March 22 and it was positive. I have seen my doctor and she said based on my LMP, my due date is November 25th and possible conception was March 4.

When I went for an ultrasound, thinking I was 10 weeks, 4 days, the tech told me I was measuring a bit larger (11 weeks 2 days) and said my due date should be November 20th.

I am upset and worried ... Who would be the father?

Has anyone else gone through a similar situation? I know this stress is terrible for both the baby and I, but I can't stop worrying.

mamatomany May 19th, 2013 07:55 AM

Re: I screwed up.. Who could the dad be..?

First off, congratulations on this new life! Don't stress at all -- I'm sure your boyfriend is the father. Ultrasound isn't an exact science and a variation of less than a week like you had is completely normal. If you had conceived in February, yur due date would be several weeks earlier, not five days. So relax, and enjoy your pregnancy with your boyfriend!

babymom852 May 19th, 2013 11:29 AM

Hi Mamatomany!
Thank you very much for your response :)!
Thinking about what you said makes perfect sense. I never thought about it that way, but you're right.. I'd be having a due date a lot earlier than the one I have. I just got in my head and really started to panic. Thank you for being kind in your response as well!

mamatomany May 19th, 2013 02:59 PM

Glad to help :). Also, if you haven't already, I encourage you to join the due date club for November. It's so much fun to be able to have a group of ladies to communicate with who are going through the same things you are. It's a great place to have a virtual support network and there are so many fun and encouraging mamas here on justmommies. Best wishes and I hope your pregnancy goes easily and perfectly :).

Urchin May 20th, 2013 07:30 AM

I would say that your boyfriend is most definitely the father of the baby.

Congrats and good luck. I also encourage you to join the November Due Date club! There are so many great ladies there and you'll learn so much!

MoreThanEnough May 20th, 2013 09:38 AM

Yup, your boyfriend is the father.

mommy2Breana+Brandon May 20th, 2013 11:35 AM

I would also agree that it is your boyfriend's

babymom852 May 20th, 2013 02:38 PM

Thank you for the replies everyone!
I just got so anxious about this situation and I haven't been able to relax and take it easy. I've just been a bundle of nerves. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and relax!

Also I wanted to say anything to who replied.. Thank you for being kind.

MindyRambo May 21st, 2013 04:54 AM

If you were already pregnant by the other guy you wouldn't have had your period.

Urchin May 21st, 2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymom852 (Post 27379658)
Thank you for the replies everyone!
I just got so anxious about this situation and I haven't been able to relax and take it easy. I've just been a bundle of nerves. I want to enjoy my pregnancy and relax!

Also I wanted to say anything to who replied.. Thank you for being kind.

It's very understandable that you might have this worry....it just means you care :)

Enjoy your pregnancy now. Make sure you stick around here at the due date clubs!