JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Is it signs of Bering pregnant with marina (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2651857-signs-bering-pregnant-marina.html)

Sarahtrotter May 20th, 2013 07:03 AM

Is it signs of Bering pregnant with marina

Hi I'm 23 and I already have 4 boys this is why I got marina as I am no good with pull or needles but past few days I've been feeling very emotional and getting cramps in tummy and breasts are really painful and tender I've had the coil in now for nearly 11 months xx

Urchin May 20th, 2013 07:32 AM

Re: Is it signs of Bering pregnant with marina

Have you checked to make sure your IUD is still in place?

Unfortunately, the mirena IUD can cause symptoms that mimic pregnancy. If your IUD is still in place, you're not likely pregnant. You could always take a test just to be sure.

Good luck!

Wanta.number2 May 20th, 2013 07:33 AM

It is imperative that you see your doctor ASAP if you suspect you're pregnant while Mirena is still inserted!! You have a high risk of ectopic pregnancy which is extremely painful, will cause pregnancy loss, and you run the risk of rupturing your tube.

Also, Mirena can cause birth defects and pregnancy loss.

I don't mean to scare but a few years ago my BFF had Mirena inserted and became pregnant, only to suffer an ectopic pregnancy, which required surgery, caused great pain, and infertility.

Sarahtrotter May 20th, 2013 07:46 AM

Aww bless and I think there is a problem with mine coz every time I come on period it drops and my wires hang out sorry for tmi to the point were I can feel them wen I wipe after wee and then go after week of Beeing off I went to docs b4 bout it and they said its not but that was after she rammed a speculum in to look and I actually felt it get pushed back up wen she did it xx

Urchin May 20th, 2013 08:40 AM

It's normal for the position of the mirena to vary. Your cervix gets higher or lower depending on where in your cycle you are.

If they are as low as you're saying though, you REALLY need to see a doctor to check out what is going on. I would see them a second time, just for piece of mind...or ask if they can trim the strings shorter.

girlsofsummer May 25th, 2013 09:13 PM

I was on Mirena for two years, and at times, I did have symptoms that seemed like I could be pregnant. I was not, and my doctor told me those symptoms weren't uncommon.

However, I totally agree with the other ladies -- you need to get it checked out just to be sure it is in the right place.

PhoebeJohnson035 June 5th, 2013 05:37 AM

You should get it checked out for safety precaution.