JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Is the father of the child the man who raped me? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2662760-father-child-man-who-raped-me.html)

kenzie_talor July 1st, 2013 11:57 AM

Is the father of the child the man who raped me?

Okay, so in april (april 27th to be exact) I was raped. I was on birth control and it only lasted about 20 seconds before i was able to push him off and he stopped. I can't remember if I skipped my period that month (by not going off the pills/allowing myself to bleed) or if I had one, but I know I took a pregnancy test a couple weeks later, just to be sure, and it was negative.

About a month later, middle/late May, I started dating my ex boyfriend again, we had been together for about 2 years before. We started having sex, probably shouldn't have but we did. May 22nd I got my period and was briefly in the hospital on May 24th for a kidney issue...they did a urine pregnancy test that came back negative as well as a cat scan with contrast (would this have shown an embryo/fetus or anything at that point if I had been pregnant from the april incident?)

Last week I missed my period and on June 26th found out I was about "3 1/2 weeks pregnant" according to the doctor. They did a blood test and my hcg was only at 29, then two days later was at 84....so they said it is pretty early on. They gave me an EDD of February 27th 2014 and said that they think the date of conception the week right after my period in May.

I know how silly this may sound, but I really am stressing out about it. I have a mild case of OCD and a lot of anxiety issues that cause me to excessively worry. I never told my current boyfriend about what happened, and I don't want to, I am just so scared he won't believe me. I have an appointment on the 10th for an ultrasound where I will find out an exact due date...but I am still so worried and stressed out. I have panic attacks about this frequently! And I know that isn't good either for the baby :( I just need some honest reassurance or something.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY that this baby could be from the incident in April? Or would that make me way too far along to be where the doctors think I am. My period in May was completely normal. Would they have seen something on the cat scan they did at the hospital?

Any help is so appreciated!!

eshute July 1st, 2013 12:39 PM

Re: Is the father of the child the man who raped me?

If you got pregnant by the person that raped you, you'd be quite a bit further along than 3 and a half weeks. It's been a full 2 months since you were raped (I'm sorry, by the way.)

Sounds like it's your boyfriend's.

mamatomany July 1st, 2013 02:35 PM

As the other poster said, you'd be much further along if it was the child of your rapist. I'm so, so sorry that happened to you! I hope you can be reassured by this fact and enjoy your pregnancy and sweet baby knowing it's father is someone you care about! Congratulations!

Urchin July 2nd, 2013 08:59 AM

Just wanted to say I am very sorry that you were raped. *hugs*

I can say with much certainty that your baby is was not conceived during that awful encounter. You'd be much further along, and your blood results would be through the roof.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Leogirl July 2nd, 2013 10:23 AM

I'm very sorry for what happened to you and I hope that you're getting the help you need to move on from the event. You are not alone and there is lots of help out there if you need/want it. A great starting place is RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network | RAINN: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.One of

You would be much further along with much higher numbers if you had conceived in April. Be sure to tell your Dr what happened and they can do an ultrasound and extra tests to help with your fears.

MerinSun July 2nd, 2013 09:48 PM

As the other ladies have said, the math does not add up for your rapist to have impregnated you. Definitely tell your doctor as they may want to do a blood test to make sure you didn't get exposed to any STDs that could impact the development or health of your baby or yourself. I know that's not very soothing but it is something that needs to be done.