JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   What are some cute ways you decided to tell your parents and other family? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2704956-what-some-cute-ways-you-decided-to-tell-your-parents-and-other-family.html)

kkelley1226 January 24th, 2014 09:46 AM

What are some cute ways you decided to tell your parents and other family?

We're really having trouble figuring out how we want to tell my side of the family - expecting a great reaction from his and a not so great reaction from mine. We hoped that doing something cute to announce it might cushion the blow and shock of it all, since we've had a hard time in the last year and this year is changing everything for us! Graduating from college in 4 months, engaged, moving into a new home this weekend, and found out that I'm already 15 weeks pregnant!

Any ideas about something cute to do to help get a -slightly- better reaction from my side of the family?

mamatomany January 24th, 2014 02:03 PM

Re: What are some cute ways you decided to tell your parents and other family?

Maybe a cute short photo book with pictures of you and your fiancÚ, with the last picture being the best shot from your ultrasound? Or even just get a 'grandma' photo album blank but with the ultrasound shot on the first page? Wrap it up as an early Mother's Day present for you mom?

With one of my pregnancies I made a t-shirt that said (bun) right over my belly. I went to a family even, took off my jacket, and just waited for someone to notice. Fr my brother's first, they made him a t-shirt saying something like 'World's greatest dad' and he wore that to a family event. It's fun to see how long it takes it to click for people!

Let us know what you decide, so much fun!

MommyofAngels1985 January 24th, 2014 09:44 PM

How about giving them a wrapped gift and inside you could put a onesie with something that says "I love my Grandma" and you could even put your first ultrasound in with it. Go on youtube, they have a lot of videos of people doing cute things to tell people they are expecting.

kkelley1226 January 26th, 2014 08:03 AM

Cute ideas so far! Any others?

random567 January 26th, 2014 01:58 PM

I was worried that my mom would not take things well so I decided not to try and do anything cute. I just called and told her on the phone so that she would have time to process without the pressure of having to give an immediate reaction. When my fiance and I found out that I was expecting, we weren't ready to be happy and needed processing time. I figured that maybe other people needed the same time to process.

Just keep in mind that no matter what the initial reaction, they are sure to come around. :)