JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Unsure of what to do about the pregnancy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/2728161-unsure-what-to-do-about-pregnancy.html)

A . Hamilton August 5th, 2014 08:36 AM

Unsure of what to do about the pregnancy?

My story is a bit long so I'll start from the beginning. When I was 17 I worked part time in a bar as a food runner. There I had met my soon to be babies mother, Only at the time we were just somewhat friends. But from the second I first saw her I was blown away by her. She was and til this day is one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Only a few months later after she graduated college she quit bar tending and moved away and we lost touch after that. Fast forward six years, I've finished college and have my life on track. On a regular night out with friends I ran into her after 6 years and we catch up. We talked about everything we've done since then and somehow one thing lead to another and we ended up spending the night together. After that we started hanging out but more or less just as friends with no real commitment for about 5 months. Last week she told me she was pregnant. That she had taken two tests and both were positive. She claims that she's only been having sex with me and that I'm the only possible father. I'm supposed to be going to her doctors appointment on the 25th followed by a talk on what to do. Only I have no idea what to do. She's claiming I'm the dad when we weren't exactly even dating. On top of the fact that I used condoms every time. I'm scared that it might be mine and that it might also not be. I'm only 23 and didn't plan on becoming a dad until after 30. Everything is happening so fast I don't even know where to begin. Do I tell my parents or my friends? Do I go along with everything even with the cloud of doubts? I feel conflicted about everything, I haven't stopped thinking about her all this time and now this is happening, I just need advice.

lemieuxcrew August 6th, 2014 01:00 PM

Re: Unsure of what to do about the pregnancy?

Well, you don't have to be seriously dating to make a baby. And condoms to defect. And it sounds like you are kind of smitten with her! :) I would trust her for now, stay by her side, and if there is a reason to question that trust later on, request a paternity test so that you can move forward supporting your baby with confidence. And in the meantime, if you like her, maybe it's time to make it an official relationship. :) Wouldn't it be nice if this were all meant to be all along? Good luck!

Spyctre August 16th, 2014 04:38 PM

Re: Unsure of what to do about the pregnancy?

Ditto to above. :)

I have a friend that recently got pregnant on birth control with the guy using a condom. It can all fail. lol Only way to prevent pregnancy 100% is to not have sex. ;) It'll be alright. You have 9 months to prepare, and babies take a while to grow up and get into things. You don't have to worry about it all at once.