JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   how soon... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/690924-how-soon.html)

first_time_mom August 16th, 2007 02:56 AM

how soon do you plan on having more kids after this one?

Jake was only born 9 days ago and i cant wait to have more! i love him so much i want more!

DH says we cant have any more for 2 or 3 years till we are financially more stable. i cant wait! its probably just hormones still...

Nikki. August 16th, 2007 04:41 AM

It will be years before we plan on having more children. Maybe five or six.

Kalia20 August 16th, 2007 10:43 AM

I only want one, he wants two. I told him that theres no way I will be able to take care of a baby and be pregnant again feeling the way I am now, so I would want to wait till my kids old enough to be potty trained and get its own food, like cereal or make toast or something and help tidy up a bit. But by then, he will be close to 40, and I don't want to have more kids when he's that old. Just my preference. He doesn't care but I do. I don't like the idea of having our youngest graduate high school and have to worry about their dad passing away when he/she is in their 20's. IMHO thats to young.

HighwayDaisy August 16th, 2007 04:57 PM

I know I'll feel differently once Alex is born, but right now I'm done. I am horrible at being pregnant. I just hope I'm better at being a mom!

monkey71786 August 16th, 2007 06:36 PM

my kids are 15 months apart. i am done having kids!!!

Zarina0831 August 16th, 2007 07:16 PM

More? I can't think about more! One's plenty for right now.....maybe when she's five and I've found Mr. Perfect? No, I'm not planning on having more children...I'll just make sure to have plenty of play dates and that she's surrounded by cousins so that she wont feel like an only child. But hey, thats what I'm saying now right? <_<

Grateful~Gentle~Mama August 16th, 2007 07:32 PM

Well, I always planned on having several children, but I'm not in a relationship with anyone and I definately don't want to do this ALONE again. It sucks being alone, and I have no idea what I'm going to say to my son when he asks why he doesn't have a dad.

So, I will have to wait and see. :-(

Otherwise, I would probably wait less than a year to get pregnant again. I love babies, and as hard as being pregnant is, I think the time would go by much faster if you had a child already to care for!

cat325 August 17th, 2007 11:24 AM

We are done. He only wanted 2 and I always said 2 or 3. The day our second came home from the hospital I told my dh I definately wanted a third. He joked why not have a fourth. I said no way but here we are.

Jax August 17th, 2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

by then, he will be close to 40, and I don't want to have more kids when he's that old. Just my preference. He doesn't care but I do. I don't like the idea of having our youngest graduate high school and have to worry about their dad passing away when he/she is in their 20's. IMHO thats to young.[/b]
in their 20's?? :blink: my dad was 40 the year I was born, and he's still very young.. and I'm in my 20's. lol. Personal pref.. like you said.. but I'm not even remotely worried about my dad passing away, as he won't for a VERY long time. I obviously didn't wait as long as my parents did to have children.. but I think their decision was amazing. I was raised in a VERY financially and emotionally stable family that a younger generation simply could not have provided me. Because of this, I am much more mature and stable myself than other girls my age. But to each her own.. I don't want to have kids at 40.. but I wouldn't rule it out for the age reason alone.

On that note.. I dunno if I will do this again. I'm having a little girl, and I KNOW my husband would die to have a little boy to play football and hunt and rough house.. but there's no garunteeing that.. so we don't know at this point. I think we will be satisfied with one for a VERY long time. (she was.. well.. unplanned.. hence this board). I never really had the desire to have children, but I do love them and I am so excited to be nearing the end of this pregnancy so I can finally hold her..

the_elmel August 18th, 2007 12:42 PM

More? No thanks!!!

swade66 August 20th, 2007 09:42 AM

I already can't wait to have another one.

I really want to wait until I am back to my prepregnancy weight before we try...I gained WAY to much with this one. I say that all the while we aren't even "preventing" right now but I am BF'ing and haven't even had a period yet (not that I believe BF'ing is birthcontrol like some people say).

Melanie. August 21st, 2007 10:44 AM

No, no more. EVER! :lol:

first_time_mom August 22nd, 2007 01:52 AM

all the ladies saying no more after just one, why? is it that you dont like being pregnant?

pixie_punk August 22nd, 2007 10:26 PM

I'm one of five kids, and I absolutely loved growing up with 4 brothers, so I would love giving that kind of atmosphere to my kids... however I'm the one that has to carry them all, so we'll see. :lol: This one was unplanned, and we're not exactly as financially stable as we'd like to be and both still pretty young... we'll definitely wait before another one, but I'd like to have a second within a few years and then maybe wait a couple of years and then MAYBE one or two more.

HighwayDaisy August 23rd, 2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

all the ladies saying no more after just one, why? is it that you dont like being pregnant?[/b]
I'm not saying no more for sure, I've just had a very rough pregnancy so far and I'm not sure I could physically handle it again with my job, a child, and at the age when I would want to have a second. (I'm 28 now and would want to wait 3-5 years. My job is VERY physical and has been very tough on me).

Melanie. August 23rd, 2007 08:20 PM

Honestly, don't hate me for this, but I don't like children. At all. I never seriously planned on becoming pregnant or anything. I thought of adopting older children, but not babies.

I'm not patient and I know that I won't make the best mom. :(

blessdmommy August 25th, 2007 04:47 PM

We want more children...just not RIGHT after this baby comes. Maybe after the baby is out of diapers and is potty trained.

Kalia20 August 26th, 2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

all the ladies saying no more after just one, why? is it that you dont like being pregnant?[/b]

The first trimester felt like it practically killed me. I was so exhausted, didnt even have enough energy to sit up, let alone do the dishes. Going to work about killed me, cause I was working 7 days a week. I quit my weekend job. Now I work mon - fri and that was soooo hard on me. I had to leave early many times. I still have days I don't think I can make it. My job is physically demanding. I know I couldnt be that exhausted and take care of a baby or toddler and be pregnant again. I don't think I could handle two cause I didnt even want one to begin with. That and I hate not working and it would be way to hard on me not working because I would have to be home with two kids. He's talking about having at least one more already and I'm not even halfway through my pregnancy now. I said he needs to get fixed. He didnt take that well. I'm so relieved its not twins because we both have twins in our families.