JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   sleeping advice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/705654-sleeping-advice.html)

first_time_mom August 27th, 2007 02:46 PM

have any of you BTDT moms any advice on sleeping routines? i wanna get jake to sleep as long as possible, but we are so far from getting any kinda routine going!

cat325 August 28th, 2007 09:46 AM

In my experience after a few weeks they tend to put themselves on a schedule.

monkey71786 August 28th, 2007 07:01 PM

My daughter still isn't in a sleeping routine and she is only 6 weeks old. With my son, he finally got into a sleeping routine when he was about 3 months old. The only thing I can tell you to help you out, is to sleep when your little one sleeps and to take it just one day at a time.

Star September 3rd, 2007 08:08 PM

because of the hours my boyfriend and I worked, I wasn't able to get Briana on a schedule until she was about 8 months old.

If you don't Jake creating his own pattern (I would give him until 3 months, but that's just my opinion), then you can go ahead and create a schedule for him.

Here is Briana's:
Wake up around 7AM
breakfast
playtime (sometimes a bath in the morning)
Down for her first nap at 10:30AM
Up around 12-12:30
Lunch
more playtime/walk/errands
Down for second nap at 3:30
Up at 5:00PM
Playtime
Dinner 6:00-6:30
Some more playtime in her crib while I get her bath ready
Bath
Story
Bed by 8PM

Now that is definately not set in stone. But that is a general idea of how things go. If you want to get Jake on a schedule, it is important to keep with a routein, especially before bed (this also helps with babysitters). Briana has no problems with others watching her. Getting her bedtime was the hardest, we did go with the cry it out method, and it only took a few days.

first_time_mom September 4th, 2007 04:15 AM

i really would like him into a routine, but he doesnt seem to want one. i'm going by him and trying to keep it the same every day, but he changes. i think he is far too young for the cry it out method, and in general he is such a placid baby, i just wish we could get a system going!

Star September 4th, 2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

i really would like him into a routine, but he doesnt seem to want one. i'm going by him and trying to keep it the same every day, but he changes. i think he is far too young for the cry it out method, and in general he is such a placid baby, i just wish we could get a system going![/b]
I definately wouldn't CIO at such a young age either... but by 7 months when Briana still wasn't sleeping through the night, it was time to do something!! I work in a daycare part-time and it's really hard for me to get used to it when we do have a baby who doesn't have a schedule.