JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   Teenage mothers? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/732643-teenage-mothers.html)

TimeWellSpent September 17th, 2007 04:47 AM

Hello all!! I wanted to see how many teenage mothers (or teen moms-to-be) were on here. I am a teen mom-to-be. (I'm 17) and of course it was unplanned! but after all I've thought about, and my boyfriend has thought about, we can do it. It's not like its reversable! I'm pretty happy about being a mom soon (when I found out that I coud be, I was...just...wow...I cried all day...but I realized I can get a tudor for the rest of my school year so I wont miss a yearand I get credit!) also with my wondering, I was asking to see how your pregnancies are going along. (with school, and home life and stuff..if its not to personal) I know that teen pregnancies are kind of frowned upon in our societies, so what is your opinion about it? (even if your a teen or not?) :blush:

2Corinthians10:4 September 17th, 2007 04:54 AM

Well im a teen mom to be...im 18 and expecting my first. Im just now getting excited about it but thats because im pretty much doing it alone.

My ex is back with his ex-gf and doesnt talk to me at all. He keeps telling other people how he is going to be there for the baby but i dont know if I believe him, i mean its not like he has helped out with the pregnancy at all. Oh well though. Its his loss. As for society, pregnant teens are so common in my town that people dont even look shocked anymore...thats sad.

TimeWellSpent September 17th, 2007 05:03 AM

I'm sorry about your ex, luckly my boyfriend is here for me (his mom had him when she was 16....and his father wasnt much of a father or husband...so he doesnt want to be like him at all...) you should tell him to be there for you no matter what even during the pregnancy, not just when the baby is born. Same with my town, theres about 3-4 girls in each grade in the highschool that is pregnant. It's bad, my boyfriend and I were really good about protection, but apparently not that good! ha. Oh well, at first I was super upset that I was..then I'm like...I'm going to be a mom! So I'm happy and kind of excited (and scared!!!) about it. What was your inital reaction when you learned you were pregnant?

Sal September 17th, 2007 05:45 AM

I'm a teen mummy to be. So far all is well, its early days though. I'm 16 (17 this saturday). I'm in term 3 of grade 12 and I will graduate with the rest of my grade on Novemer 16th. I plan to get an OP and such and go to University in 2009. My boyfriend is very happy, and supportive, he's been in the process of creating his own business with his older brother for the past two months since he got his certificate in the trades. So its all exciting and going well. I have my first appointment on Friday! :D

TimeWellSpent September 17th, 2007 06:31 AM

Quote:

I'm a teen mummy to be. So far all is well, its early days though. I'm 16 (17 this saturday). I'm in term 3 of grade 12 and I will graduate with the rest of my grade on Novemer 16th. I plan to get an OP and such and go to University in 2009. My boyfriend is very happy, and supportive, he's been in the process of creating his own business with his older brother for the past two months since he got his certificate in the trades. So its all exciting and going well. I have my first appointment on Friday! :D[/b]
wow I'm super happy for you and your boyfriend, sound slike you two really have solid plans! My first appoitment is this Friday too (if thats the Friday your talking about) the good news about that day is that I'm getting out of school early! ha! I'm excited about this Friday I can barely wait!!! :lol: I'm super happy for you and you BF, good luck with everything! :D

Nikki. September 17th, 2007 09:55 AM

I am also a teenage mother to be. I am 19, 20 in December.

I've been living on my own and taking care or myself since I was 17, I usually don't even realize that I am still a teenager. Other people do and sometimes frown upon me, but it doesn't really bother me. I know that I will be a good mother and I can provide for my child, if they want to think that I am just another poor pregnant teen that is their problem.

My boyfriend and I have been living together for two years, we're moving in with his mother this week because the house we rent has been sold and we need a place to stay until we find another house. It upsets me that I have to go live with MIL because I always wanted to be independent when I had my first child.

pixie_punk September 17th, 2007 11:29 PM

I'm 18 and abotu to have my first baby in November. I graduated high school in June, and not a moment too soon! I'm thinking about university next year, but if that doesn't work out then 2009. My bf is super-supportive and excited. We just moved in together in August. :) He's 25 and has a good job so we're a bit more secure... but he's determined to be an amazing dad since he had such a crappy one (he hasn't even seen his dad since he was 13).

MyLittleSurprise08 September 18th, 2007 02:23 AM

I'm not exactly a teen anymore but I'm a young mommy-to-be and my lil sprout was totally unplanned!! I found out I was pregnant on the 6th of this month after only a month of dating the father. He knows but wants nothing to do with our baby. He plans to support me money wise but thats about it.

I was TTC with my ex in 2005/2006 I was 19 when we started and 21 when we broke up...

Ooh_lala September 18th, 2007 05:11 PM

Im 19 && have a 7 month old daughter & my husband and I are expecting our second one in february. Every bit of it is worth it, no matter how young you are.

Lots of people assume we live with parents or something but we dont. We have our own house. (no rent :) ). and pay all of our bills. So We're just as ###### grown up as anyone else.

Mummy_Boo September 19th, 2007 04:43 AM

Hi there and congrats on your pregnancy!!

i am 18 and 10 weeks pregnant, Altho here we finish school when we are 16 so do not have that to worry about. But i think aslong as youve got the support there you will get along just fine, and obviously if your mum knows and has come around to the idea like mine she will be you backbone throughout the pregnancy, and its great that you BF is standing by you, im lucky i was only dating my babys daddy for a few months and worked it out i fell pregnant the first time we slet together, and it not exactly like your mega young mum to be, and i think its great when teen mums actually accept their responsiilities and their actions, Well done yoou!! Good Luck xx

2Corinthians10:4 September 19th, 2007 05:17 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry about your ex, luckly my boyfriend is here for me (his mom had him when she was 16....and his father wasnt much of a father or husband...so he doesnt want to be like him at all...) you should tell him to be there for you no matter what even during the pregnancy, not just when the baby is born. Same with my town, theres about 3-4 girls in each grade in the highschool that is pregnant. It's bad, my boyfriend and I were really good about protection, but apparently not that good! ha. Oh well, at first I was super upset that I was..then I'm like...I'm going to be a mom! So I'm happy and kind of excited (and scared!!!) about it. What was your inital reaction when you learned you were pregnant?[/b]
Oh when I found out I was preggo I cried...a lot. I took 7 tests and had a cervical exam before I beleived it, then I told Dusty. At first he was very supportive but then...well you know the story. I talked to him a little yesterday and we were suppossed to sit down and discuss everything, so we will see how it goes.

Vanilla74 September 19th, 2007 05:34 AM

I'd like to tell you that I am glad that you kept your baby, still want to be at school and assure a future for your family. You seem to be more brave than me at the moment, I am SO glad that the father is still with you!!
Looking at the way you seem to handle your pregnancy and life, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be a great mother!

/cheer!!!!!
/hug!!!

PS: when I saw the + test I thought in my head "what the hell!!"

Jax September 19th, 2007 02:08 PM

ummm I don't REALLY count.. but...

I was 20 when I found out that I was pregnant (21 now).. so I'm not too far off = )

I (until this week) have been working full time and in college full time.. so I know all about juggling. Now I'm finished with work for the last month and a half.. and I still have school. My husband also works full time and is in school full tiime. We're.. busy. It'll be interesting once the baby is here.

And you know what? Don't feel bad about being teens that are pregnant. I look young for my age (I ge 16 a lot) and people ALWAYS give me dirty looks (especially when my fingers are too swollen to wear a wedding ring). So screw em all.

Kudos to all of you for making it work. I'm sure you'll do just great.

CO Mommy September 20th, 2007 04:01 AM

Hey hun! You should join us on the teen mommies and mommies to be forum!

hotjai21 September 21st, 2007 11:47 AM

im 18- ill be 19 in october and im due in feb. I graduated last may, so thats good. But i decided to hold off on college for now. When me and my bf found out we went back and forth on being excited and scared- we pretty much took turns- i would be excited one day and he would be nervous then he would be excited and i would be nervous. But now we are super excited. We got engaged and are planning on getting married in november, and on our 1st anniversary we will have a wedding.

babygurl38663 September 26th, 2007 09:23 PM

i am 21 i had my first baby right after i turned 18 she is now 3 and i have a 9 month old and i just got raped and i am 3 months pregant and i am single but i am rising my kids on my on and i love them very much and i dont regret at all having them and congrats to all of u good luck its hard on ur own sum times but there love makes it easy

kayliesmommy September 27th, 2007 11:49 AM

Hey ladies. im just lurking because I was a teen mom. I got pregnant when i was 17 and of course it was totally unplanned. I was freaked and all i could do was cry but my husband (boyfriend at the time) was happy as could be. I gave birth 2 weeks before my highschool graduation. Everyone thought I would drop out but i didnt. My daughter was there to watch me cross that stage. Now im taking some college courses. Now I have a beautiful happy and healthy 3 year old and Im 18 weeks pregnant (this one was planned). It was very scary and very hard but its worth every second of it. So good luck to all your girls. Prove everyone that has something bad to say wrong because you will hear alot of people talk ##### about you. So good luck and congrats to all of you!

Bekah September 29th, 2007 11:14 AM

I'm a teen mom too, and like megan said you should join us on the teen mommies and mommies to be board :smile:

I am 18 and just recently got married this week ( pregnancy was not the reason!) and my DH JUST turned 18. our baby was definately NOT planned, as well it couldn't have come at a worse time :[ DH had just got kicked out of home, school and lost his GREAT paying job, I dropped out of school to support him. we decided we were going to get married and found an apartment because in my family it would be a disgrace for us to live together ( though we did the whole month before we were married) about a month later I took a pregnancy test because I was feeling "off" it came up positive within the first 5 secs, I took 2 more just to confirm it. At first I was so afraid and considered abortion although I would have never done it! But it turns out my family and close friends have all been UBER supportive and we will have lots of help.

and about the society thing -- I don't think it's really frowned upon as much anymore or maybe I just don't notice because I live in a big city and it happens all the time? personally I don't care what other people think about me ... just hold your head up high and ignore all the nastiness that may be aimed at you in the next 9 months to come :smile:

conley1988 September 30th, 2007 11:02 PM

I was the second girl to get pregnant as teen in town in like that last six years I have been here but the first to honestly come out and talk about it. Now, everyone is pregnant and they act like it is a trent. Of course where I stay at, very high class people, it is frowned on heavily. But I am 19 and I have two and I am pregnant with three and could give a care less. I am happy and that's all that matters. People talked about Jesus hun so they are gonna talk about you or any other teen or older mother, just love to talk.

But you are doing something that most don't, you are choosing to have life and not abort. I thought about it for a quick sec as I was just as scared as can be but I know in the end everything will work out.

My first son's father in no way was there through my pregnancy and up until 8 months ago came into life, at his second birthday party he showed up. Now he is slacking once again and I starting to get that just leave us along don't have time for your lies kinda feeling. My fiance though has been there through my pregnancy, court, testing, and all with my first and loves him. But when I was pregnant with Jerry he was so involved in working that he never went to but one appointment, this time I put my foot down and he knows he has to be there.

But not all bf's are gonna be there for ever but they will be a father so don't just let him get away with money. Its not always about money, sometimes its just about love. Anyone can send money.

wishinghoping October 1st, 2007 07:51 PM

I was a teen mommy... I had my first when I was 16 my senior year (turned 17 3 days later) I graduated with my class.... with a 3.7 GPA in 2002 a year early. My boyfriend and I got married that July and have been together ever since... obviously.. I am having doubts as I just found out I am pregnant with our 4th (now I am 22) I am hoping he'll come around.... maybe this one will be a girl!